Topgolf Gold Coast Construction

Yes and no. Visiting a driving range has been something on my to do list for ages but never got around to doing.

Having it at/next door to movie world just makes it more convenient and the ability to visit a new and modern range is a nice drawcard too. 

Edited by Reanimated35

While TG as an attraction really doesn't fit with the enthusiast nature, i think there's a reasonable amount of crossover.

Growing up in Penrith, a trip to Panthers was a rite of passage. It was also a destination for many Wonderland cast after a long day \ week (and many cast parties \ after parties \ christmas parties were had there).

Inevitably, at some stage through the night, a trip to AquaGolf would be in order. AG was outside the licensed area though, but people still belted the shit out of a few buckets before they sobered up enough to head back to the bar. (Or in some cases, used that time to sober up before driving home).

In this regard, I can see TG appealing in the same way. That said, outside the 'small group of blokes' i think it has some appeal - many theme parks \ amusement parks have mini golf, or similar. I don't think its as niche \ outside the box as you think.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AlexB said:

In this regard, I can see TG appealing in the same way. That said, outside the 'small group of blokes' i think it has some appeal - many theme parks \ amusement parks have mini golf, or similar. I don't think its as niche \ outside the box as you think.

As far as non-enthusiast people go, i'm very confident this'll go gangbusters, the point I was trying to make was just that had it been built by anywhere else by anyone else I don't think there'd be a thread with as much hype.

20 hours ago, Slick said:

As far as non-enthusiast people go, i'm very confident this'll go gangbusters, the point I was trying to make was just that had it been built by anywhere else by anyone else I don't think there'd be a thread with as much hype.

I'm interested in it in this forum, if it's an initial part of an entertainment precinct such as Citywalk.

If it was something that Village had nothing to do with I would still be interested. Add to the fact light rail will be accessible to Helensvale shortly it will mean staying on the Gold Coast overnight and being able to do Top Golf while having a few drinks and not worry about driving makes this part of a fun day/night down the coast.

23 hours ago, Levithian said:

It's not a driving range though. Yeah, you can hit golf balls, but it's designed more as a game than just driving golf balls. Throw in bars and restaurants, it's a place you can spend hours at, vs just hitting bucket balls.

Yes please realise that the Top Gold product (in America anyway) really is nothing about Golf at all and is so far from being a theme park. It's 100% a hospitality enterprise... it also has an activity with hitting balls with clubs as a minor aspect. 

• 4 weeks later...

It irks me that VRL job ads don't specify a salary range.

It just suggests to me that they're going to end up with the bottom of the barrel - those who'll take the job regardless of the pay just so they have a job.

Specifying the salary range at least sets the expectations from both sides of what is possible - it wards of those who might have too high of an expectation, and saves wasting the time of both the applicant and the recruiters.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Richard changed the title to Topgolf Gold Coast Construction