Topgolf Gold Coast Construction

So... I have stumbled upon the final plans etc etc. Now given I've come across these through public access channels only, with only a moderate amount of investigation, would you guys be happy for me to post them, being they are publicly available if you know where to look???

*should specify i am wanting the ok from @Richard or one of the other site leaders/admins before I'd consider posting as wouldn't want to put the forum in the shite, or have VTP offside with us at all*

Edited by Brad2912

If these documents are publicly available (i.e. not obtained through being personally, or through an employer contracted to the project, or obtained through a tendering process) and are not marked confidential at the source then I believe Parkz will be ok with them being posted. 

just if anyone is wanting to know the source to validate it is public..

you can register for a free basic account on TenderOnline which gives limited access to certain tenders in the industry.

Most, including the hypercoaster, documents are locked and require email approval to access.

In this instance, whilst one of the companies has it locked, the other doesnt and you can access site plans, building plans etc etc.

Interesting site to find lots of info on (not just theme parks!) as i've found today!

Those with a keen eye will also notice the thick black line indicating an access point to the "future development area" just by the northern end of the Top Golf building

2 minutes ago, YLFATEEKS said:

If the others had it locked it might not be as public as you think but a mistake.

True, but it is a pretty big mistake to make if you've signed some sort of confidentiality agreement. 

Either way, I believe if information is made public even by mistake, providing its not a matter of national security, you can't retrospectively make it confidential once it's in a public arena. 

Obviously if VRTP contacts Richard and says hey this shouldn't be seen, i'd expect him and be happy for him to click 'delete post'

Wow very impressed by this. And with 336 spaces, definitely allows to draw the big crowds. As @ash.1111 said, interesting that they are building around the existing tank, but considering it's still in use, and rather than moving it, it does make sense to design the Top Golf around it. With 7 months until opening, definitely going to come together quickly. Can't wait. And with the coaster right next door, this could be the most watched area of land in quite some time.

1 hour ago, Brad2912 said:

Those with a keen eye will also notice the thick black line indicating an access point to the "future development area" just by the northern end of the Top Golf building

This makes me excited about what VRTP plan for the eventual lakeside precinct (assuming that is the "future development area").

While initially it struck me as odd that VRTP would place the building to the west of the film tank I can see two advantages for doing so that outweigh the potential disruption to studio operations and the greater distance for customers of AOS wanting to go enjoy some hitting time pre or post show:

1) Having customers hit eastwards avoids them facing into the setting sun. I notice the US centres either are oriented eastwards or northwards (hitting northwards avoids low winter suns in the US).

2) The building being to the west will presumably help draw a critical mass of customers to the future attractions/entertainment options located around the lakeside precinct.

My guess is we'll see a fairly impressive restaurant and bar precinct eventually built around the area perhaps with a second park entrance/exit near to the hypercoaster that would allow guests leaving MW in the evening easy access to the precinct.

17 hours ago, themagician said:

Wow very impressed by this. And with 336 spaces, definitely allows to draw the big crowds. As @ash.1111 said, interesting that they are building around the existing tank, but considering it's still in use, and rather than moving it, it does make sense to design the Top Golf around it. With 7 months until opening, definitely going to come together quickly. Can't wait. And with the coaster right next door, this could be the most watched area of land in quite some time.

Considering the efforts the studio goes to to operate the tank, and the popularity it has with all levels of productions, they'd be nuts to get rid of it for a driving range, and TBH - there aren't many other nice flat places close to the sort of power they need near those things to relocate it to, without further limiting their options elsewhere. 

Personally, I could see them utilising the tank for some other recreational \ entertainment function to further capture and add to the nightlife - even if it were just one of those inflatable water play zones like they have up at coolum for the summer months... i'm sure they could find some WnW lifeguards to staff it after hours (since WnW closes early).... ;)

Good find @Brad2912, its great that the images are finally public so we can now talk freely about certain aspects without alternatives. I'll tip my hat to you, but also to the other person who shared these around privately a while back - they know who they are.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Richard changed the title to Topgolf Gold Coast Construction