Topgolf Gold Coast Construction

TopGolf will be primarily a night-time and weekend venue. I would imagine for the majority of cases the water tank would get used during business hours. I don't see there being an issue.

If there were a big scene coming up that required the water tank during the evening to the point where the noise from Top Golf would be a problem, they could arrange for Top Golf to be closed for one day. Film shoots are planned out well in advance, so there really wouldn't be a problem with notice periods of an upcoming one-day closure.

The noise from the motorway is not insignificant. I'm sure film makers have a number of tricks up their sleeve for dealing with noise. I doubt they would need to close TopGolf.

In the past though, night scenes were actually filmed during the day. the technique was literally called 'day for night' and involved either underexposing the film in camera, or in post production, sometimes adding a blue tint.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Day_for_night

photographic purists will enjoy reading about the different filters used.

This article also talks about numerous techniques used in Mad Max Fury Road https://www.fxguide.com/featured/a-graphic-tale-the-visual-effects-of-mad-max-fury-road/

but this tell it how it is:

516616_v1.jpgD4N_8-00073.jpg

testtest.jpg

From the Gold Coast local member-

"The new "Top Golf" attraction at Warner Bros. Movie World - Gold Coast, Australia is starting to take shape.

It is great to see the theme park investing in new tourism assets within their main facility.

Separately, in regards to their application for a carpark on the 3 hectare residential site they own north of Kopps Road this is a copy of what was recently printed in the December edition of the Local Newsletter:-

"Movie World car park

The submission period for public comment regarding the proposed Material Change of Use for a 731 car space car park at 12-22 Michigan Drive, Oxenford recently closed. Officers are currently assessing all of the relevant material supplied by the applicant, in addition to reviewing issues raised by over 100 local residents in regards to the application. The largest concern of residents was in relation to traffic and pedestrian movements, as well as the apparent conflicts that may occur between the low density resident zone (large lot precinct) and the proposed use.

It is expected that the officer's recommendation regarding the application will come to City Planning Committee early in 2017. If you have a particular interest in the outcome of this matter, and you were not one of the submitters but would like to be notified of the officer's recommendation, please provide your email details to our office - division2@goldcoast.qld.gov.au"

There currently remains no set date for the officers recommendation, but it is expected to come before the City Planning committee in the next month or so."

On 20/01/2017 at 11:59 AM, AlexB said:

Yeah couldn't think of any others.

Great to see they're hurtling along with this. I was listening to a podcast yesterday and a few of the guys on it checked out Top Golf in Vegas and rated it highly. $60USD for a 5-6 person booth for an hour + drinks and food from memory which is pretty damn good value for an hour or two of fun.

Interesting article about TopGolf in this month's edition of IAAPA's Funworld Magazine: The Long Drive: TopGolf Transforms The Fairway Into An Attraction

Does anyone know if in the tender documents for the Oxenford TopGolf it confirms whether it would be similar to the Las Vegas TopGolf mentioned at the end of the article as the plans shown in this topic don't show what is in the interior of the building?

Edited by Jamberoo Fan

• 2 weeks later...

dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd.thumb.JPG.ca05305dbdfbd82aecd9605ae93d5b70.JPG

I think you will find this is not a ground slab but is a stack of tilt-up-walls being constructed on site.

The tilt-up panels are retaining walls.  Just over 9000 cubic metres of soil will be imported to raise and level the site.

In trucking terms 900 loads of soil will be imported if using truck shown.

DSC03312.JPG.2c801c43b33802823b0887ad1b27eada.JPG

Sadly your kids will not be required here @Theme Park Girl

Edited by YLFATEEKS

I wouldn't be so sure that's for greens fencing.

For one - it looks too close to stage 9, to be 'range area' - it looks more like its in the spot of the carpark or building itself.

Two, they're way too close together - driving range fencing only needs to be every 10-20 metres as they use netting in between.

And three - why on earth would you build range fencing - a job that would only take a couple of weeks - before the main building is anywhere close to completion, thereby putting obstacles in and around the construction site that heavy machinery will need to maneuver around?

@AlexBI think they are close together because they will support the screen behind the water tank.

I think they are going to place the tilt-up slab against the post to screen TopGolf from the water tank.

I also think a net will connect to it later.  Skeet is walking on the path from the front car park to TopGolf

pile.thumb.jpg.ede6ebeb9f188f5763b9de8d82683e9c.jpgslab.thumb.jpg.71b7f89f63826a6767b3b34033aaca32.jpg

wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.thumb.JPG.fe020c31004540ddab739cc663e2986b.JPG

This is being built now so Village Studios can continue to film movies with the water tank while TopGolf is constructed.

Edited by YLFATEEKS

• Richard changed the title to Topgolf Gold Coast Construction