Topgolf Gold Coast Construction

I’m starting to see applications to build the cabins inside of Paradise Country.  I don't know the timeline and when the work will begin but it’s good to know Village are still working on it. 

I’ve attached a couple of pictures, for anybody who doesn’t remember the cabins I’m talking about but if it all goes ahead they will be built up on the side of the hill behind the parks.

1.thumb.JPG.e2f25c04e7331f3e1916884d4fb91722.JPG2.thumb.JPG.0cf4c7f9ab3424a5881142b6621402f7.JPG

• 4 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Glubbo said:

A lot of ground works still going on. How much subterranean work needs to be done? Obviously there's ball retrieval, but what else regarding the attraction? Not meaning power, drainage etc.

What else do they do with subterranean work besides drainage and services?

@Reanimated35 Now I don't know if you are stirring the pot.  This has been a frustrating day. 

He said not including the underground power.  Why do you want lights underground?  Are you looking for worms?

Music underground?  I get it, if the worms have lights they need music too.

No maintenance tunnels.

I don't know about the electronic tracking devices but they probably need only power to operate and I assume send a signal back in the way of radio waves.  (Truthfully I have no idea on how they communicate the information back).

If my assuming is correct, power would be the answer and again he didn't want to talk about that.

I was thinking more the lights in the targets, potential for speakers in the targets too but I doubt it. Wasn't there photos of those big silver metal tunnels before? Are they not maintenance tunnels? 

Afaik the tracking is in the ball but there has to be some electronic stuff in the target to register doesn't there? 

9 minutes ago, Reanimated35 said:

I was thinking more the lights in the targets, potential for speakers in the targets too but I doubt it. Wasn't there photos of those big silver metal tunnels before? Are they not maintenance tunnels? 

Afaik the tracking is in the ball but there has to be some electronic stuff in the target to register doesn't there? 

^^^ I meant this. Thanks @Reanimated35 - sorry if I wasn't clear enough in my enquiry, @Skeeta.

@Glubbo No major tunnels. The target structure is very simple.  Picture a corrugated water tank with its top cut off & placed into the ground.

1.jpg.e68564e152127da2c657a7ba5ae004ec.jpg

A hatch/lid access point is located next to each target and to get the balls back a persons opens the hatch and climbs down the ladder.

b.thumb.JPG.e405b783856dd71b908362a586a8491f.JPG

(I imagine that it will go together like this- The hatch that you see open in the picture above will be pointing toward the sky and at finished ground level.  The opening that you are looking into once it is turned to the correct position it will be the bottom.  All they do once it is in place is fill the opening with concrete making it the floor of the hatch.  The bit on the side is the way you walk into the target)

Capture.thumb.PNG.e379a0208c56fe07ebe80aab37cac95d.PNG

(Sorry I did hand sketch it but my scanner just died)

No special system besides a person picking the balls up and placing them in a bucket. (My take on it)

890-copy-jpg-20150502.thumb.jpg.f5848c9ca4fb38792a977c101a104d38.jpg

Each target has lights in it and whatever it uses to score.

Some of the land being reclaimed for TopGolf was part of the swamp and turning a swamp into usable ground takes time.  Somewhere in this topic I said how many loads of soil will be required to do this.

Edited by Skeeta

I would presume that the balls simply have an RFID chip with a unique ID built into them, and probably near field or beam technology to pick up the RFID position on the field.

As far as I knew, it wasn't just the targets capable of registering the ball location, but anywhere within the range - so the entire grounds will have some form of detection equipment to identify exactly which ball went where.

...and then I googled:

I waved my club over the ball dispenser and it released a golf ball. The ball dispensers are equipped with RFID readers that can tell when you wave a club over the sensor. The ball also contains an RFID chip that tells the Topgolf system that it's you who's about to hit.

"We know that you're the one playing because that ball is tagged to you," Macaulay says. "Once you hit it, we wait for it show up somewhere in the field."

After a few practice swings, I hit the ball and looked up to see where it landed. Again, Topgolf isn't your ordinary driving range, and it doesn't have signs to mark the yardage. Instead, there are 500 RFID readers in the field that form various zones. Each zone is a circular net with sections, and the closer your ball gets to the center of the zone, and the further the zone is in the field (240 yards), the more points you earn. When your ball falls into a zone, the readers scan its RFID chip, and the data is passed back to the Topgolf system to register the score.

And.... then this:

I can't seem to find a date on the article, but it looks as though they're converting to UHF RFID detectors instead of LF:

http://www.rfidjournal.com/articles/view?9083/2

• 3 weeks later...
  • Richard changed the title to Topgolf Gold Coast Construction