Topgolf Gold Coast Construction

Those resident letters attached to the link you posted @AlexB were super informative!

i now know I can see a free fireworks display tonight at 7pm if I go to the MW car park, and more impressively, if I call the booking line and quote "FN residents offer" I get a free double pass to fright nights! BooYah!

LOL. I think the park would have certain controls in place - such as knowing which addresses they send the free FN offer to, and asking for your address so that they can POST the tickets out to them.

I don't think they'd be that silly as to leave themselves open to a backdoor freebie like that.

17 minutes ago, AlexB said:

LOL. I think the park would have certain controls in place - such as knowing which addresses they send the free FN offer to, and asking for your address so that they can POST the tickets out to them.

I don't think they'd be that silly as to leave themselves open to a backdoor freebie like that.

I've already worked that out! Haha

Just quote the complaintants address (it's on their letter). They seem like old fuddy duddys, I doubt they'd be FN enthusiasts. Haha 

A footbridge wasn't what i thought would be most likely - given the HV lines running down the boundary. Looking at the height, any average footbridge \ overpass that i've seen would be quite close to the lines - they'd have to move them higher which would most definitely require them to pay Energex.

I'd have thought a pedestrian tunnel \ underpass would have been more viable. nice pick up Skeet.

I thought a tunnel was the way to go also.  Bridges are a pain in the ass for prams and wheelchairs.  You either need to build a lift or a big ass ramp.  If the footbridge is 4.8m high and the maximum gradient is 1:14 and require an interval every 9m you are going to have at least a 70m long ramp each side.

Whilst the ramp itself probably isn't an issue (only the bottom 5 metres or so can't be parked under, and on the other side they have the room) its the wires I can't see them getting around - especially here when you see just how low they actually are:

google street view of Kopps Road

LOL. if the ramps were to follow Kopps road (down to the east on the north, and down to the west on the south) it'd be a distance you'd be walking anyway.

I have to say though - we need to dig deeper. There is one resident submission which mentions several of the other approvals MW have lodged recently (including coaster, hotel and lakeside) and he makes specific mention of setback distances of the new coaster from the highway and service roads 'according to the plans' - i'm wondering whether the coaster plans may have been divulged to local residents... there could be a way to find them afterall...

the alternative that i'm thinking is like a lot of these things VR provided the residents with more information, and perhaps that included setbacks (a number of other plans have shown the setbacks required \ measured)

i doubt this fuddy duddy neighbour knows how to use nearmap.

This is the letter MW sent out.  It just tells the home owner where to go to get more information.  Now the home owner is telling MW where to go.

MW wouldn't have a need to release that information.  Maybe MW painting the crates had nothing to do with us seeing it but so the locals didn’t look Mack up to see what Mack was.

This is X-Files shit now.

123123123123123123123.jpg

If you want a copy of the plans all you need to do is contact the construction company and tell them you want to put in a tender and they will send you the plans.

Edited by YLFATEEKS

1 hour ago, YLFATEEKS said:

This is the letter MW sent out.  It just tells the home owner where to go to get more information.  Now the home owner is telling MW where to go.

MW wouldn't have a need to release that information.  Maybe MW painting the crates had nothing to do with us seeing it but so the locals didn’t look Mack up to see what Mack was.

If you want a copy of the plans all you need to do is contact the construction company and tell them you want to put in a tender and they will send you the plans.

I haven't seen anything that carefully worded in about a month.

1 hour ago, YLFATEEKS said:

Even if the painting over the logo wasn't for us, everyone can still see the 'product of Mack Rides' written on them. And the coaster isnt causing any direct issues to residents anyways, as it isn't connected to their land.

@themagician Some people are already complaining about the coaster and some of the people are trying to drum up support against the car park with anything they can use.  I just want to make it clear that MW hasn't done anything wrong but the lynch mob are telling residence how much MW is expanding and how much more noise and traffic it will bring to the area.  

This was put up by one of the residence.

car park.jpg

People are posting this.

"Its general knowledge that village roadshow has the money, and money talks.."

5 minutes ago, YLFATEEKS said:

@themagician Some people are already complaining about the coaster and some of the people are trying to drum up support against the car park with anything they can use.  I just want to make it clear that MW hasn't done anything wrong but the lynch mob are telling residence how much MW is expanding and how much more noise and traffic it will bring to the area.  

They live next to a theme park, and they're seriously complaining about a new coaster being built?

Jeez, MW has already done so much to prevent noise reaching neighbours, if you're going to be living there you should first understand that it's a theme park next door and it is going to be noisier than other places nearby.

15 hours ago, YLFATEEKS said:

That letter relates to the carpark. I'm assuming a similar letter was sent out when they lodged the coaster applications, and they probably had an 'information pack' available for the coaster too.

As for tenders, i tried. the plans are stored on EstimateOne, but the site will only release the plans to someone if the head contractor permits it, and since they've already closed, they won't release them.

26 minutes ago, AlexB said:

As for tenders, i tried. the plans are stored on EstimateOne, but the site will only release the plans to someone if the head contractor permits it, and since they've already closed, they won't release them.

Back on the Top Golf topic the tender for the civil works has gone out.

• Richard changed the title to Topgolf Gold Coast Construction