Topgolf Gold Coast Construction

3 hours ago, AlexB said:

That letter relates to the carpark. I'm assuming a similar letter was sent out when they lodged the coaster applications, and they probably had an 'information pack' available for the coaster too.

The RC was approved under the Town Plan as self-assessable.  The Car Park is getting assessed at the highest tier because MW are changing the use of the land.  You only must send out letters and display the sign on the land once you have reached this level of assessment.

The good news for everybody else in parkz is the closing date has come and gone and since council must vote on this and I can’t see this happening before Christmas.  With tenders going out for TopGolf I think our focus might shift to this for a while.

@loki75 if you have seen this can you give us the location of TopGolf.

From what I can see Astute Projects is involved.

Tender.JPG

Who is Astute Projects you ask.   Astute built Storm, GL, Seal Harbour, Polar Shores, Paradise Country Open Mine and the Constictor slide.

Edited by YLFATEEKS

I am really disgusted that this guy is an MP.

So much wrong with that letter:

• Cr Tom Tatt, instead of Tom Tate
  • Apparently the gold coast has a STAINED road network, whereas here we all thought it was just STRAINED
  • "The development application does clearly states" - enough said
  • "With an addition 731 vehicles using..." - perhaps "additional"
  • "other resent developments"  -really? how many times were they sent? - Perhaps "recent" would be more appropriate.
  • "I hereby ask that the road network be upgrade as part of the development" - Yes. Be upgrade. Much Wow.
Edited by AlexB
fixed my own typo... see Mark, it's not hard!!!!

I don't think you do a spelling test to become a MP. 

Side note why should MW pay for a road upgrade if all the developers who have recently contributed to the congestion where not made to upgrade the road?

Blue area marked is where shops are located that MP talking about.

shit.JPG

It won't really - this parking is to offset the loss of parking closer to the park once construction starts on a number of their current projects - however most of the vehicles currently exit the motorway and enter the property immediately.

When parking is moved to another site, this leads vehicles from the main entrance on entertainment drive to the much bemoaned roundabout and down Kopps road. This DOES mean additional vehicles using that section of road.

TBH I think VR would be best placed to make it a staff carpark. I'm not sure that they would need 770 staff parking spaces (i'm not sure what their staff levels are like across the property) but if they were able to make it staff parking, it could be a secured carpark - which would eliminate the hoon and vandalism concerns. It would free up guest parking on property, it would minimise damage to staff cars left in the lot after park close, the noise concerns made by the residents would be reduced to simple vehicular noise rather than boisterous tourists, and staff wouldn't be exiting at the same times (more or less) as the main influx \ egress of tourist vehicles from the major traffic controlled intersections down the road.

As a former theme park employee, I know what it feels like at the end of the day to trudge back to your car, and moving this space further afield is a hardship for staff, and I don't think it should be imposed on them, at least not without something to minimise the impact - such as the already-ruled-out-golf-buggy concept - but its the best option as I see it.

7 hours ago, loki75 said:

After looking at the Top Golf website to see what it's all about I wonder how many noise complaints there will be once it's operational assuming it will open at night.

I don't think it will get many. Golf, itself, is a fairly quiet game - it's only the visitors, their transportation & any venue audio that would cause noise. TopGolf probably would position any speakers to face inside the building rather than outside & build the venue to contain any noise to the confines of the building. Given TopGolf's distance of over 800 metres from the residential areas on the western side of the M1 (from the M1 point of view, TopGolf would be in the centre of the VRTP property rather than the sides like the theme parks), it might be unnoticeable to those residents. The residents on the eastern side of the M1, whilst closer (about 300 metres), would have the M1 acting as a noise barrier or generating enough noise already to block out the sounds of TopGolf.

3 hours ago, AlexB said:

...such as the already-ruled-out-golf-buggy concept...

Did they rule it out or were they just pointing out that it isn't for the use of most guests?

Edited by Jamberoo Fan

2 hours ago, Jamberoo Fan said:

I don't think it will get many. Golf, itself, is a fairly quiet game - it's only the visitors, their transportation & any venue audio that would cause noise. TopGolf probably would position any speakers to face inside the building rather than outside & build the venue to contain any noise to the confines of the building. Given TopGolf's distance of over 800 metres from the residential areas on the western side of the M1 (from the M1 point of view, TopGolf would be in the centre of the VRTP property rather than the sides like the theme parks), it might be unnoticeable to those residents. The residents on the eastern side of the M1, whilst closer (about 300 metres), would have the M1 acting as a noise barrier or generating enough noise already to block out the sounds of TopGolf.

I agree that Golf is a quiet game but this is Top Golf the Happy Gilmore of the driving range. Add in the booze, food and party atmosphere it may get rowdy. As you pointed out thou it's about 800 metres from the western side residents which you would hope is far enough.

15 hours ago, Jamberoo Fan said:

Did they rule it out or were they just pointing out that it isn't for the use of most guests?

See this just proves to me that you only read what you feel like. When someone makes a pretty definitive statement, like 'already ruled out' - maybe you could either take their word for it, or go back and read what you've skipped over?

On 28/11/2016 at 9:22 AM, YLFATEEKS said:

a.JPG

And in case you can't be bothered clicking on it:

The applicant does not seek to provide a golf buggy or shuttle bus service, as the volume of guests using the parking facility means this form of transportation is not suitable.

9 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

You won't be hearing any audible commotion from 800m away unless they start hosting rock concerts. 

That isn't as absurd an idea as it sounds. It wouldn't be hard to construct a stage on the fairway.

4 minutes ago, AlexB said:

That isn't as absurd an idea as it sounds. It wouldn't be hard to construct a stage on the fairway.

That would be cool. They can just send a fancy letter to all the locals. 

"Come down and join us as we rock out to 8 hours straight of death metal! To claim your free double pass to the enjoy the night, call the Booking Line and quote the discount code 'local residents love concerts'. "

@AlexB, I did read that prior to posting. When I first read about the golf buggy concept weeks ago, I thought that it would be highly unlikely to work for guests but it could work for just transporting staff or maybe roaming characters to direct the guests to the entrance. After all, the quote does say 'guests' only and mentions 'service', which to me would refer to MW giving guests opportunities to utilise a golf buggy to travel to the entrance. That's why I asked - in case there was another quote that I did miss that ruled out golf buggy usage for staff only too.

A golf buggy might also help guests who can't travel back to their car (maybe due to an injury sustained or aggravated in park etc.) or to help guests with disability (though I'd assume MW already have sufficient disability parking spaces in the main car park).

Edited by Jamberoo Fan

Yep, sadly this venue, although they adamantly encourage patrons to be noisy, have lost several battles in court in terms of 'we were here first' - those arguments didn't stand up.

Of course, that's in the UK. In Australia - we do have precedent with Luna Park Sydney... it'd be interesting to see something like that go to court.

Kopps Road, Oxenford - update on the proposed 731 space car park

City planning officers yesterday advised that:-

"The application completed Public Notification on 28 November where 149 properly made submissions were received.

"I am currently going through each of the submissions where the main points of objection so far have been around amenity, road infrastructure, increased traffic, pedestrian safety.

The Decision due date is 4 January, however a Decision on the application won’t be made by this time."

There are outstanding issues that require further clarification by the applicant. At this point in time a Decision isn’t contemplated until sometime next year."

Edited by YLFATEEKS

• 4 weeks later...

I was reading over some of th articles about this again, and they state that construction was supposed to begin in September 2016, for a mid-late 2017 opening. We haven't seen any construction, or site preparations since its announcement, so it seems that we might not be seeing this open this year. Unless they have and its on a site that we can't see from the road.

• Richard changed the title to Topgolf Gold Coast Construction