VRTP Unlimited memberships limited once again!

pushbutton

Not really. They did the same thing last year.

It all makes complete sense to me The way I see it, their procedure is to do an intake of new Memberships at the start of each new financial year to replace the ones that decide to cancel after the minimum 12 month period. Since the deal initially began at the start of a financial year, that means that the bulk of this happens mainly between July - Oct (also allowing a couple of extra months for the slow coaches that didn't read the T&C and don't initially realise they are still being billed) 

Once they are back at capacity, they close off for the reminder of the financial year. 

They will be reopen for purchase again between July-Oct 2017. You'll see ?

Yes.

Try here

All memberships are for a minimum of 12 months then will automatically renew month-to month after the initial contract year.

Worth also pointing out that unlike last year, they aren't being secretive on whether it will come back:

This is your last chance to get a $10 Village Theme Parks Memberships this year!

Worth mentioning that on that page, they offer a VIP upgrade option here which may be of interest to some people like @reanimated35 although i'd be surprised if he didn't already know about it.

1 hour ago, AlexB said:

Yes.

Try here

Worth also pointing out that unlike last year, they aren't being secretive on whether it will come back:

Worth mentioning that on that page, they offer a VIP upgrade option here which may be of interest to some people like @reanimated35 although i'd be surprised if he didn't already know about it.

Thanks, didn't actually know that one :)

On 14/10/2016 at 11:41 AM, AlexB said:

Yes.

Try here

Worth noting that despite the FAQ linking to that page it was not offered this year and further down the page says upgrades from VIP are not avalible.

I have also confirmed the following

I can confirm that the Premier and Elite memberships will remain on sale next month even after the standard $10 per month memberships are discontinued. 

On 15/10/2016 at 2:09 PM, Jordan M. said:

I can confirm that the Premier and Elite memberships will remain on sale next month even after the standard $10 per month memberships are discontinued. 

I can confirm it too. Movie world have been openly posting it on their FB page since the weekend lol.... 

20161018_143230.png

• 3 weeks later...

Worth noting despite being removed as planned it seems they have now changed their mind (or were misleading people to sign up ASAP). 

The $10 Village Theme Parks Membership offer has been extended!

Get unlimited entry to 4 Theme Parks including Warner Bros. Movie World, Sea World, Wet’n’Wild and Paradise Country for just $10 a month. You’ll also have access to special member-only benefits like in-park discounts, exclusive shopping deals at top retailers and special pricing when booking holidays. Plus, get 3 months of Stan on us.

With three great membership options to choose from that feature different levels of access, you’ll find the perfect membership to meet your family's needs and enjoy the convenience of low monthly instalments!

Available for a limited time only! Get your $10 Membership now.

18 hours ago, Jordan M. said:

Worth noting despite being removed as planned it seems they have now changed their mind (or were misleading people to sign up ASAP). 

More likely to be a domino effect after what happened at Dreamworld. If the obvious visual drop in attendance numbers at both Sea World and Movie World last week are anything to go by, I dare say a lot of memberships would have unexpectedly freed up since then.  

More likely to be a domino effect after what happened at Dreamworld. If the obvious visual drop in attendance numbers at both Sea World and Movie World last week are anything to go by, I dare say a lot of memberships would have unexpectedly freed up since then.  

When I visited Movie World I certainly did not see an obvious visual drop, both during day hours and for the FN event on Saturday. 
I think possibly because a next campaign isnt ready yet either (VIP w/one free entry to White Christmas if like last year)

Edited by Jordan M.

7 minutes ago, Jordan M. said:

When I visited Movie World I certainly did not see an obvious visual drop, both during day hours and for the FN event on Saturday. 

Sounds like we've had different experiences. My best friend went to Sea World last Wednesday and said it was like a ghost town, he walked through a large chunk of the middle of the park (including the Food Plaza) at midday and could count the number of people he saw along the way on one hand. 

A few of us here attended Fright Nights as a group last Friday night and couldn't believe how quiet it was either, we only had to wait 5-10 mins at at a time for mazes. Given it was the second last night, it was expected to be a heck of a lot busier. 

Edited by Theme Park Girl

I was at Sea World last thursday, saw all Seal/Dolphin/Penguin Feeding shows. All usual crowd numbers in my experience for a mid week visit.

I also attended Fright Night with a friend on Friday and must agree with you there, she speculated it was because a massive storm was on the radar. (no idea if thats true)

Edited by Jordan M.

Obviously the Dreamworld Incident is a factor.

FWIW This is around the time my family and i have always planned our Gold Coast trips (We're from Adelaide).
Usually seems to be the quietest time of year, most of the rides are only single op cause of that.

Thankfully we gave it a skip this year otherwise we would be there right now....

Thing is, yes the overall amount of park visits are down, as going to a theme park isn't the thing people particularly want to be doing right now.  But there are also less parks at the moment.  Attendance seems pretty stable at the Village parks so far, perhaps even a slight uptick, but it's hard to tell given we are coming off a bumper school holidays. 

I'm cynical enough to say that they probably always intended to extend the offer for memberships (which really there is no good reason to stop it ever).  If the Dreamworld tragedy did affect them, it did so in this way; theme park advertising would be rather 'on the nose' right now, and it's rather plain to see that Village have pulled their marketing for the moment - so not a good time to be getting the word out about a new ticket offer.