New permanent scare maze for Aussie World

pushbutton

I don't know about this one to be honest.  The entire park runs on like 6 staff, so to add an attraction that takes that many again just seems like such a strange move.  It also doesn't really seem like it fits the vibe of the place particularly well.  As always will reserve final judgement till I see it in action, but must admit far from sold on the idea at this point.

15 minutes ago, joz said:

I don't know about this one to be honest.  The entire park runs on like 6 staff, so to add an attraction that takes that many again just seems like such a strange move.  It also doesn't really seem like it fits the vibe of the place particularly well.  As always will reserve final judgement till I see it in action, but must admit far from sold on the idea at this point.

Such a small park surely wouldn't have that big of an international or non-local crowd would it? Seems like people would get sick of it pretty quickly. IMO if they did a lazer tag/scare maze during the off-season, it would make more sense. 

9 hours ago, joz said:

Now come on Joz. It's so unlike you to be cinical :P

• 2 weeks later...

Just to add a bit of news that does not seem to have been reported on the boards is that Aussie World are in the process of dismantling their Wild Mouse Coaster permanently. The park would not say whether it is being scrapped or sold but its fair to say that it is the former, as earlier reports said that it closed due to  maintenance issues. This is a real shame and a huge loss to our theme park industry and indeed the world. These coasters were rare to begin with and at one time , Australia was home to 3 of them. Now we are left with the one unit at Luna Park Sydney, which is protected by a heritage order.

Aussie World are looking for a new attraction to fill this space but would not comment on whether they are actively searching for a new coaster to replace Wild Mouse.

Mayhem Scare Maze is now open.

A Trampoline Zone has been placed in the old Octopus spot- not sure whether this is just filler or a semi- permanent attraction. Sincerely hope for filler.

They also do have the 2 new family attractions which will be open before Xmas- no word on what shape or form these are to take.

These changes are all reflected in the new Park Map which has been updated.

Aussie World have stated that this is just one small part of their master plan development over the coming years.

To me these additions do not add value for what has been lost ( Octopus and Wild Mouse), and are extremely underwhelming. Hopefully , their plans for future additions are far more exciting than this year's. ( Of course cost and other mitigating factors would have undoubtedly have played a part in these decisions. Octopus and Wild Mouse's recent closure due to maintenance issues was definitely NOT planned)

I sincerely hope that Aussie World look to add a new coaster to replace Wild Mouse as soon as possible. Wild Mouse is what made the park stand out from the other numerous small parks around Australia and they need a iconic , lynch pin ride to continue this tradition.

Thoughts on these developments guys and the direction that the park is currently taking?

I agree, but I am fairly confident they would've done everything to keep it running as long as possible. It was always so lovingly maintained.

Having said that though, you can't help but wonder whether the Octopus accident and subsequent investigations are behind the Wild Mouse's demise.

Either way, sad news for coaster fans and makes me glad I got to ride. Looks like I'll have to take the kids to Sydney for the same thrill. Hope LPS can keep theirs running for many years to come.

The thing is, nothing on this ride is irreplaceable. Everything could be manufactured to fit \ replace existing parts. It's just costly. It is good to hear that the mouse is heritage listed in LPS, so it should survive a long time. Potentially - LPS might want to look and see if they can score some parts from AW...

Woah that's rediculous!

Its a shame it wasnt listed for protection. 

I agree, no reason why things couldn't be repaired or replaced, might have been expensive but we're not talking about the mine ride at Dreamworld here. This was a historic, unique and great coaster. 

On 23/10/2016 at 2:42 PM, Jobe said:

Just to add a bit of news that does not seem to have been reported on the boards is that Aussie World are in the process of dismantling their Wild Mouse Coaster permanently. The park would not say whether it is being scrapped or sold but its fair to say that it is the former, as earlier reports said that it closed due to  maintenance issues. This is a real shame and a huge loss to our theme park industry and indeed the world. These coasters were rare to begin with and at one time , Australia was home to 3 of them. Now we are left with the one unit at Luna Park Sydney, which is protected by a heritage order.

Aussie World are looking for a new attraction to fill this space but would not comment on whether they are actively searching for a new coaster to replace Wild Mouse.

Mayhem Scare Maze is now open.

A Trampoline Zone has been placed in the old Octopus spot- not sure whether this is just filler or a semi- permanent attraction. Sincerely hope for filler.

They also do have the 2 new family attractions which will be open before Xmas- no word on what shape or form these are to take.

These changes are all reflected in the new Park Map which has been updated.

Aussie World have stated that this is just one small part of their master plan development over the coming years.

To me these additions do not add value for what has been lost ( Octopus and Wild Mouse), and are extremely underwhelming. Hopefully , their plans for future additions are far more exciting than this year's. ( Of course cost and other mitigating factors would have undoubtedly have played a part in these decisions. Octopus and Wild Mouse's recent closure due to maintenance issues was definitely NOT planned)

I sincerely hope that Aussie World look to add a new coaster to replace Wild Mouse as soon as possible. Wild Mouse is what made the park stand out from the other numerous small parks around Australia and they need a iconic , lynch pin ride to continue this tradition.

Thoughts on these developments guys and the direction that the park is currently taking?

Hmm... Here's my 2c.

The Mayhem Maze = good idea. I reckon it's about time Aussie World got a scare attraction. (For years I'd hoped they'd put in a ghost train, but this is just as good)

Octopus/Wild mouse removal = inevitable (as stated above). Pity though, loved the Octopus. Fairground classic. Never rode the Wild Mouse though, so can't exactly rate that one.

As far as the rest of it goes, with the addition of a water park that includes a tin shed with a simulated storm inside, that's a pretty unique idea.

Not so crash hot on that Professor dude and his robot though takin up the old Funnybone Flicks. I liked sittin in the old picture theatre to while away half an hour or so watchin the old films.

The signage job on the arcade they've done OK with, and it seems to be stocked with a lot of games the kiddos would be happy with.

All in all, I'd have to say it seems like Aussie World, adding costumed characters etc, is trying their best to compete with the likes of MW, SW and DW, and they're doing a good job of it too.

• 10 months later...