Poll: What do you think Movie World's coaster will be

Jamberoo Fan

MW's 2017 Rollercoaster   

59 members have voted

1. 1. What type of rollercoaster will it be?

• Spinning
    • Launch
    • Mega
    • E-Motion
    • Wild Mouse
    • Youngstar
    • Powered
    • Inverted Powered
    • Bobsled
    • Big Dipper
    • Water
    • Super Splash
    • Unknown World-1st Rollercoaster Product
  2. 2. What level of VR compatibility would the rollercoaster have?

3. 3. What will be the theme of the rollercoaster?

• 'Fantastic Beasts & Where To Find Them'
    • 'Lego'
    • 'King Kong'
    • 'King Arthur'
    • 'Going in Style'
    • 'Annabelle'
    • 'Wonder Woman'
    • 'CHiPs'
    • 'It'
    • 'Blade Runner'
    • 'Justice League'
    • 'The Flash'
    • 'Meg: A Novel of Deep Terror'
    • 'Aquaman'
    • Other (DC Comics)
    • Other (Non-DC Comics)

So it is now less than a month until the 1st details of the MW's new rollercoaster are expected to be released so here is a poll for everyone to guess what they think it will be.

Some notes:

• Question 1's options (except 'Unknown World-1st Rollercoaster Product') are derived from Mack Rides' catalogue/website so look there if you want further information.
  • Question 2 is not an opinion question about whether the rollercoaster should have VR. It is a question on whether it could.
  • Question 3's options are derived from upcoming franchise movies from Warner Brothers (present to July 2018). Due to the limit of 20 options, I've excluded original stand-alone films and any films post-July 2018. 4 pre-July 2018 franchise films, 'Chicken Soup For The Soul''Live By Night''Ready Player One' & 'Tomb Raider' were excluded from the poll mainly due to issues with the poll.

The meanings of each Question 2 option:

• None - No VR ever.
  • Immediate Add-On - Rollercoaster not built for VR but has it available as an optional extra experience from opening day.
  • Future Add-On - Rollercoaster not built for VR but one day in the future will have VR added as an optional extra experience.
  • Pure - Rollercoaster built for VR.

If you are not sure what some of the franchises are of, here are links to their respective Wikipedia articles (these articles are of the franchise - not the movie):

I added 'Other' options as MW's rollercoasters feature media that was released from up to 3 years before the rollercoaster's opening. MW's rollercoasters also relate to media that was released up to 2.5 years after the rollercoaster opened.

Also, I made the poll so everyone can see who voted for what option. @djrappa, since you know a lot about the new rollercoaster, you better avoid voting (unless you're happy to reveal everything :P).

Edited by Jamberoo Fan
Added more details. Reverted 'Chicken Soup for the Soul' poll option back to 'The Flash' while removed 'Chicken Soup for the Soul', 'Live By Night', 'Ready Player One' & 'Tomb Raider' listings from the post

1 hour ago, Ryande16 said:

Why is there no hyper / giga option or does that fall under the mega category? 

I can only do 3 questions maximum & I decided not to do a 'height' question as I thought it would be part of a 'rollercoaster feature' question (which can have endless options) so I just stuck to Mack Rides' product listing.

1 hour ago, themagician said:

And why has 'The Flash' changed to 'Chick Soup for the Soul'?

I accidentally published the topic before I was done & rushed in fixing everything before members started voting. 'The Flash' and a few other franchises were supposed to be in there but I can't add them back in (even when I had the editing option). Must have accidentally deleted/replaced them in the rush. I don't remember replacing 'The Flash' though? I would never intentionally replaced 'The Flash' option anyway.

Edited by Jamberoo Fan

I voted cause I really want a water coaster themed to chicken soup!

Also I feel like all coasters have the potential for future VR in that they are more than capable. 

Im sure there are a few people here that know WAY more than me. After all, all I say way back was that it would be awesome. 

@pin142, there may be some surprising options in the poll to you but I added them to be unbiased. I also would've liked to have added more questions (like about height, inversions, hills etc.) but due to the limit of 3 questions & 20 options per question, I decided to be more general - simply, rollercoaster type (including VR option) & theme. The answers to these poll questions might seem obvious to some but we still have no official confirmation on any of the answers to these questions.

It also livens up the 2017 MW rollercoaster discussion which was starting to drag out given it's just footings being placed for possibly another 1.5 months & no official teasers or announcements being made about it for possibly another a month at a maximum (assuming there are no more delays).

If by mid-November MW teases enough to allow us to figure out the theme & the rollercoaster type extremely easily without giving away more details (such as the rollercoaster elements), maybe a more interesting poll can be done in the future before the track/theming is installed. Otherwise, speculation won't last much longer so we might as well enjoy it while it lasts. Not often a rollercoaster this big gets built in Australia.

2 hours ago, JaggedJanine said:

Dang. Meant to choose 'None' for VR. I chose pure as in pure standalone rollercoaster, not purely VR.

Just thought of a solution - I'll vote 'None' for you. I was planning to vote for 'Pure' anyway (even if I didn't end up agreeing with that opinion) given I've brought up the pure VR rollercoaster possibility so many times (and once, to intense discussion). That should balance that question's results back in order.

The second question is kinda ambiguous... the level of compatibility to me sounds like how suited the ride would be to VR, not whether we'd see it or not. I voted for future add-on, because that's what it's probably going to be compatible for despite there being a pretty good chance it won't happen.

I think the theme could be either Flash or WW, so if I could vote two of them I would :P 

• Richard changed the title to Poll: What do you think Movie World's coaster will be
2 hours ago, downunder said:

Just make sure that chicken soup is churro flavoured. I must say the one Mack e-motion coaster I've been on was not an emotional experience.

Hopefully Mack are doing this bespoke and it will be an original.

but it sure was an E-motion-al experience!

Yep.

7 hours ago, Santa07 said:

The second question is kinda ambiguous... the level of compatibility to me sounds like how suited the ride would be to VR, not whether we'd see it or not

Because a 'Pure VR' rollercoaster is a unique type of rollercoaster in itself, I would've added it to Question 1 but because it is built in conjunction with Mack Rides' existing range of rollercoaster products, it made that question too complex. So I made it as a separate question. Had a 'Pure VR' rollercoaster not been in development, I would've left it as a 'VR or not' question (but I think I would've put a better question in that question's place if that happened).

Regardless of the 'intention' of the VR question, I voted NO VR because in all honesty - any and every roller coaster in the world could probably be converted to VR if you wanted to so that vote would be a gimme.

I instead voted based on my opinion that they should NEVER put VR on this coaster.

• 1 month later...

Mack Rides updated their website so the answer to the 1st question of the poll, no one got correct :P as Mack Rides added a new 'Hyper Coaster' product webpage to their website. This is separate to their 'Mega Coaster' product. Mack Rides also released a new Product Portfolio. Some interesting things to note:

• In their previous Product Portfolio, 'Launch' & 'Mega' coasters were combined thus raising the possibility of a launched 'Mega' coaster. They've now separated 'Mega' & 'Launch' and put 'Mega' with the newly-added 'Hyper Coaster' product. The 'Hyper' & 'Mega' coaster product descriptions do not mention launches at all - only lift hills - so a lift hill now seems guaranteed on the new MW hypercoaster.
  • 1 train = no more than 28 or 34 seats (the 'Hyper Coaster' webpage & the Product Portfolio give different figures)
  • Their trains can be themed.
Edited by Jamberoo Fan