WhiteWater World logo change

Jamberoo Fan

Just noticed that Whitewater World changed their logo on social media last week by removing the original 'coat of arms' logo featuring the purple/green checkboard escutcheon which had 2 surfboards forming a cross on it as well as 2 dogs on either side of it licking it. It was meant as an allusion to the Australian coat of arms. They also added the spiky blue sphere in the background as well as changing the words from 'By Dreamworld' to 'Only At Dreamworld' (maybe indicating possible future incorporation of the park as officially part of Dreamworld?):

14581578_10154585237821575_8890994977288221945_n.png?oh=ecee40e0f03d746293a09905417ca13a&oe=58AD3C2C

Given the timing of the change (particularly since the logo has barely changed since the park's opening), could it be related to what @www worker 2.0 talked about last month?: 

On 27/09/2016 at 5:15 PM, www worker 2.0 said:

Checked with my boss, expecting a media conference late October, early November about DW and WWW 2017 plans. Should see Construction fences popping up soon I have personally have no idea what it could be and our marketing team does not even know. With WWW however I can confirm there will be a new slide tower in the green area besides the Little Rippers (but is all I can say on the matter at this stage.)

Logo changes would definitely require consultation between upper management & the marketing team after all. Marketing teams don't just change logos without the approval of higher management.

Edited by Jamberoo Fan

Hmmm, how interesting... The option of buying only a White Water World ticket has disappeared from the website.  Can they still be purchased from the front gate for just White Water World?  I'd love to know what the thinking behind it is, but it seems like a very strange move for my taste.

As for the logo change, yeah I like it.  The whole dog theme seemed like a pretty confused marketing campaign, not sad that they've gone with something a bit more generic 

17 hours ago, joz said:

Can they still be purchased from the front gate for just White Water World?

Someone did ask Whitewater World a very similar question on Facebook yesterday. Their question just wasn't specific to the front gate. The response they got was:

They sure can...:)Dreamworld tix automatically include WhiteWater World but you can get WhiteWater World tickets that don't include Dreamworld :)

This sounds conflicting given Whitewater World-only tickets are no longer sold online?

18 hours ago, joz said:

Hmmm, how interesting... The option of buying only a White Water World ticket has disappeared from the website.  Can they still be purchased from the front gate for just White Water World?  I'd love to know what the thinking behind it is, but it seems like a very strange move for my taste.

This is very interesting indeed. I wouldn't be surprised if they scrapped the whole 2-independent-parks idea, as it clearly never quite took off like they wanted it to. The fact is, they simply never invested into WWW enough to position it as a true stand-alone water park to draw significant crowds away from WnW. That might have happened if they had proceeded with the original phase 2/3 plans incorporating the major new slide tower and the (much needed) lazy river. As it is they have all this infrastructure and staffing to make it a separate park, but probably isn't necessary. I think the 2 park approach should have been a success, and still could be, but it would require a decent expansion of WWW.

Edited by GoGoBoy

On 22/06/2016 at 0:24 AM, reanimated35 said:

you have two 5's by the way, but to answer that, how profitable and enjoyable do you really think a park themed to nothing but Australia would be? They have the animals and Corroboree area now which are distinctly Australian. 

If you don't move with the times, you get left behind. 

I noticed the two 5's prior to posting but completely forgot to change one to a '6' as it should be. Most of Dreamworld is still themed to Australia when you think about it. It's just those few things that broke with tradition that made be wonder why? (Apart from the obvious commercial reasons) ...particularly when they take up a large part of the park like Dreamworks Experience.

On 22/06/2016 at 10:43 AM, The Original Belinda Brown said:

...I would consider SkyPoint as part of Dreamworld but it is most definitely standing alone.

SkyPoint is a very different situation as it is located nearly 20 kilometres away from Dreamworld. That's clearly a good enough distance for tourists to recognise them as separate entities.

I think it's so bizarre to not have separated park entry tickets.  It means Dreamworld one day tickets are now $15 more than a one day ticket to Sea World or Movie World.  It makes sense to me to have multiple day tickets be good for both, but not one day tickets, not at the expense of one day/one park tickets.  Even stranger, to get a 2 day pass to either Sea World or Movie World & Wet "n" Wild is $5 cheaper than a one day pass to WWW and Dreamworld. 

Having said all that though, in making this post, I noticed that one day tickets to Wet "n" Wild were now in line with the other 2 parks, where as historically they've been around $20 cheaper.  This push to get everyone to buy a season pass is getting way out of hand.

EDIT:  Just one thing I wanted to add.  I'm pretty harsh on the VRTP marketing for having such confusing ticketing.  I've just gone on to the website to check what the prices were and all that, and I'm kinda loving the way it works with its "Which parks would you like to visit" and "How long for" thing.  It's surprisingly straight forward.  It's clean, and really easy to use.  Awesome!

I'd love to see if they could add a couple of expandable options for accommodation (SWR and PC Farmstay) and extra activities (AOS, Whale Watch/Cruise/Helicopters) and I think they'd have a ticketing page that would rival Disney's.

Edited by joz