Thunder River Rapids incident at Dreamworld

Brad2912

I would be surprised to see the Park reopen tomorrow and expect (or at the very least sections of it) to remain closed while the Coroner investigates matters further. 

Anticipate all safety aspects of both DW and other Parks be put under the upmost scrutiny in the days/weeks ahead. 

Such a terrible day for our beloved Aussie Parks who wish nothing more than joy and happiness of the friends who visit 

Severely sad this is. Just to think about everyone involved and their families and the distress and guilt ride operators and mechanics would feel. Just hearing this is very sad. For The family and friends of the involved guests i extend my deepest sympathies. Just to think they may have been looking forward to a great day out at dw, to only have it cut way too short. Unaware of any possible dangers.

RIP

Dreamworld's website home page now:

DWhomepage.jpg

18 minutes ago, MickeyD said:

I would be surprised to see the Park reopen tomorrow and expect (or at the very least sections of it) to remain closed while the Coroner investigates matters further. 

See my post above.

18 minutes ago, MickeyD said:

Anticipate all safety aspects of both DW and other Parks be put under the upmost scrutiny in the days/weeks ahead.

See this post I made - it actually was literally less than 4 hours after the incident - not days/weeks - before scrutiny happened.

12 minutes ago, westical said:

To be fair it did plummet in the last half hour of trade. Wouldn't be surprised to see Village jump tomorrow too. 

Even if it did 'plummet' like you say, it is no higher than what the share price was 2 years ago - which has remained roughly the same since and after the incident. Any 'plummet' would have to be way worse to have such an effect on the park's finances. Given trading finished a couple of hours ago and the incident occurred close to end of trade, expect any real effect of the incident on the sharemarkets to occur tomorrow.

Edited by Jamberoo Fan

Tragedies happen every day, but this is something that will touch so many as we think about all the fun times we have had with our friends and family while riding the Thunder River Rapids.  So many people are feeling affected by this.  I feel like I have to write something.  My heart goes out to all those involved.

Edited by Troy81
Re-worded as may have sounded not how i meant it.

18 minutes ago, XxMrYoshixX said:

On the DW maintenance website it says it's down till the 30th though, so they might have plans of reopening it. 

I can't see this on DW's maintenance webpage. It has no 'maintenance' for Thunder River Rapids but (I don't know if this has been on DW's maintenance webpage all afternoon) it does say:

The park is closed until further notice.

Like I posted earlier, it is closed until Thursday morning at least.

5 minutes ago, UpperCoomera said:

My little girl inadvertently saw this on the news, I try my hardest to keep her from watching the news, and now she is on the verandah blowing kisses toward Dreamworld. "Is God sad Daddy?"

I don't cry very much at all. I just held her and let the tears fall. 

We are leaving the TV off for the night. 

My Partner and I will be making a trip to Coomera tomorrow to offer some Aussie bush flowers, some tears and our best wishes to all those affected. 

People, if you are struggling to show respect at this time, best that you say nothing at all

Goodnight, Godbless and sweet Dreams beloved Dreamworld.. 

A really dark day for everyone involved. Just out of utter respect and, honestly, quite a bit of shock, I will just extend my sincere condolences to anyone affected by this, especially family members, witnesses and staff members involved. I have no words, this is just horrible.

Edited by joz
Reference to deleted content removed

18 minutes ago, AlexB said:

To Clarify - my friend has now told me he was wrong about the ages of K (32) and L (35). He hadn't seen them in 5 years as they had moved inter"state" and his guesstimate was wrong.

We are very sorry about your friends loss in this tragic accident our thoughts are with him and all the victims families.