Dreamworld Memorial & Reopening discussion

JaggedJanine

Don't know if I missed someone else posting this, but the park will be reopening Friday at 11pm for a 'Memorial Day' and all proceeds will go to the Red Cross in support of the families. WWW will be open, along with some of the smaller rides and Corrobbee.

Edited by themagician

1 hour ago, JaggedJanine said:

The park will be opening this Friday and proceeds from the day will be going to the families.

That is great that DW are opening there gates again and as mentioned by @ClassifiedLlama earlier, Dreamworld have been amazing donating every dime they make on Friday to the families of the victims and working with the detectives closely to find out what happened yesterday afternoon.

Even know that what ever Dreamworld do it will not change what has happened they deserve some respect for what there currently doing.

Just now, Ashley said:

That is great that DW are opening there gates again and as mentioned by @ClassifiedLlama earlier, Dreamworld have been amazing donating every dime they make on Friday to the families of the victims and working with the detectives closely to find out what happened yesterday afternoon.

Even know that what ever Dreamworld do it will not change what has happened they deserve some respect for what there currently doing.

Exactly! 

Most people on social media saying "too soon", and "they shouldn't open til the coronial inquest is finalised". 

To them I say - there is no rule for this, or precedent. No matter what day or week they chose to re-open, they would have copped slack for it. And, if you want to keep a business that employs 600 people closed for potentially upwards of a year, you are impacting livelihoods, and causing widespread disruption & impacts for the entire Gold Coast. Reactionary, short-sighted and stupid imo. 

Just now, elemist said:

I would think only flat rides and attractions. Anything major so coasters, tot etc would be closed.

Okay, that would be my bet too. Id say they would be doing extensive tests on each ride before the re-open the whole park entirely. I hope it gets a decent turn out on Friday. I might even try and get there

10 minutes ago, ClassifiedLlama said:

Do we know what rides will be open on the memorial-day?

Today's ASX release from Ardent Leisure said:

The Memorial Day activities will be limited to smaller rides, animal attractions, and the water park.

Further details regarding the Memorial Day will be released in the near future.

7 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

Most people on social media saying "too soon", and "they shouldn't open til the coronial inquest is finalised". 

To them I say - there is no rule for this, or precedent. No matter what day or week they chose to re-open, they would have copped slack for it. And, if you want to keep a business that employs 600 people closed for potentially upwards of a year, you are impacting livelihoods, and causing widespread disruption & impacts for the entire Gold Coast. Reactionary, short-sighted and stupid imo. 

I agree 100%. The incident can still be investigated if enough of the park is closed off.

Can i also say how refreshing it is to read a much more intellectual conversation about the issue than reading what keyboard warriors post on news websites and Facebook pages.

4 hours ago, Grad3s said:

I agree 100%. The incident can still be investigated if enough of the park is closed off.

Can i also say how refreshing it is to read a much more intellectual conversation about the issue than reading what keyboard warriors post on news websites and Facebook pages.

Here here!

I read the latest round of media crap today and i think i need to just stop paying attention or i am going to drive myself mad.

I heard one brief mention of the reopening on the news.
The media continue to churn the same negativity with hardly a mention of the reopening.

Edited by qldtaw

FYI:

20161027_081355.jpg

Apparently non-membership holders whom purchased tickets can have them refunded if they contact the park directly via phone or email. 

On a side note, it's worth noting that there is first indication right there that despite what the media has been claiming, Dreamworld obviously believe they will be reopening at some stage.

2 minutes ago, Theme Park Girl said:

FYI:

20161027_081355.jpg

Apparently non-membership holders whom purchased tickets can have them refunded if they contact the park directly via phone or email. 

On a side note, it's worth noting that there is first indication right there that despite what the media has been claiming, Dreamworld obviously believe they will be reopening at some stage.

The media have been deplorable throughout this entire time. It's like they are purposely trying to be as negative as possible and it's a competition to see who can be the most negative 

@razza1987 I agree. It's incredibly immature of them all to be making so many damaging accusations and claims when the official investigation report hasn't even been released yet. Others are amateur pages playing detective and circulating images which claim that the park has been covering up alleged ride maintenance and that TRR was supposed to be closed that day.  

I think that's why it's important that we try and stand by the parks, obviously Dreamworld in particular, during this tragic aftermath. They really need our support right now as well as the families of this horrible event. It has just become so incredibly messy :(:(:(

51 minutes ago, razza1987 said:

I wish I could go to dreamworld tomorrow to show my support but I live in NSW. I did however tell my partner that our plans hadn't changed and I would be taking him to dreamworld next year 

Same, however the reason for my non-attendance tomorrow is because I have work from 8am-4pm. Being a new job, and the fact I already left an hour early yesterday afternoon to take flowers down to the park, I can't really afford to push for a day off... as much as I wish I could go.

It's hard because I feel somewhat obligated to be there to show my support and pay my respects to the victims, but unfortunately my hands are tied :(

Apparently psychologists recommended Dreamworld reopen ASAP

2 minutes ago, Theme Park Girl said:

Same, however the reason for my non-attendance tomorrow is because I have work from 8am-4pm. Being a new job, and the fact I already left an hour early yesterday afternoon to take flowers down to the park, I can't really afford to push for a day off... as much as I wish I could go.

It's hard because I feel somewhat obligated to be there to show my support and pay my respects to the victims, but unfortunately my hands are tied :(

Damn that sucks. At least they let you leave an hour early before