Fundraiser for the family of Luke Dorsett and Katie Goodchild

DaptoFunlandGuy

Hi All,

First of all - I have cleared this with @Richard and at this stage he has approved this to be posted.

I didn't know the Dorsett family personally, but I am good friends with the Brookfield family, having known one of their sons for 16 years.

Sandra Brookfield is a lifelong friend of Kim Dorsett. They went to school together. Luke and Katie grew up in Penrith - where the Brookfields (and I used to) live.

I give this background as an assurance to everyone reading this that this isn't a publicity stunt. Nobody here is looking for exposure or kudos, and their intentions and thoughts are all about the care and support of the families involved. Funds are banked to a new trust account set up for the family and approved by Kim Dorsett.

If you do not feel comfortable making a payment through the mycause site, and you would like to make a deposit directly into the trust account, please PM me for details.

Whilst I acknowledge that ultimately Ardent Leisure will contribute towards financial matters for the family, these are things that take time, mainly for legal reasons. In the meantime the family have immediate matters to deal with, and that is what this fundraiser is about. 

If you wish to make a donation - the link is below.

If you wish to leave a message of support to the Brookfields and the Dorsetts, I can assure you that everything in this thread will be passed onto the family.

If you disagree with this cause - don't comment, and just scroll on by.

https://www.mycause.com.au/page/140360/dreamworld-australia-tragedy-memorial-fund

3add9edf4b0a08b1a072f834e726984c.jpg

I've already made a small donation, would be more if I could afford it at the moment. If you are able to do the same, please spare a dollar or two and help support these guys.

Whilst obviously there is nothing that can be done to reverse the tragedy on Tuesday, we can at least help ease their financial burden a little bit and give them one less thing to stress over during their incredibly difficult time. 

Thanks to everyone who has shared, donated or both. The original $20k target has been smashed and it currently sits around $49k with a new target now $100k

http://www.smh.com.au/national/community-raises-thousands-for-canberra-family-affected-by-dreamworld-tragedy-20161028-gsct8b.html