Sign in to follow this  
Parkz News

Dreamworld previously modified Thunder River Rapids' conveyor belt

11 posts in this topic

Thanks Skeet. Been a while since I looked up close. Clearly the turntable is still there. It could be enabled - they'd just need a concrete saw and a jackhammer. Wonderland did similar things with their turntable post-disablement - fixed handrails that spanned from the queue ramp onto the deck and so forth. Nothing irreversible however.

The turntable is shown in use at 6:45 in this video from the late 80s (unfortunately only a few seconds of footage)

And this video from May 1996 shows the whole ride from 14:46 and at 17:50 onwards you can see the lift hill and conveyor with all its original full slat coverage.

On 27/10/2016 at 4:01 PM, YLFATEEKS said:

I have never noticed the rails under the water in the loading section before.   I know this rail system in the photo went in this year.

testtest.png

IIRC that was because they had issues with the boats bottoming out there when the pumps were switched off during evacs/other reasons for the pumps to be off. That was done just before the extra stuff was added to that gate to prevent the rafts from floating to the reservoir.