White Christmas 2016

themagician

This years event is on December 9, 10, 11, 16, 17 and 18.

Redemption tickets available now, admission tickets avaibke Monday. All the usual things, and correct me if I'm wrong, but there will be a Fairy Garden this year, which I can't remember from previous years. Rides include SE, Batwing, DD, SDSC, JL and the kids area.

Just thought I'd mention that there seems to be a hiccup atm with membership redemption. Not sure if it's happening to others here, but all four of our family's passes are being rejected.

Screenshot_20161104-194841.png

@JaggedJanine said earlier the same thing is happening with hers as well. 

Hopefully they fix it soon. I'm also hoping they will add more dates closer to Xmas, as we generally try to attend as close to Christmas Day as possible (in previous years that has even the 23rd December) although I'll probably still buy a ticket to check it out earlier in the month.  

The North Pole tickets are available now. I'm confused though, on the later two checkout pages the doomsday destroyer is not listed as included in the fast track but they also mention gingerbread rather than bauble decoration so maybe it's just last years checkout.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just seen a new thing has been added for this years WC. Elves Gift Adventure. It's $10 pre-purchase, $15 in park.

Kids, are you ready to go on a magical Christmas adventure? Then make your way to Santa’s Village this White Christmas and see one of our friendly elves to get started. They’ll send you out into the park with some clues for you to solve, and once you find the answers, come back and see the elves for their stamp of approval. Then, after your adventure is complete, you’ll get to choose a special Christmas present from the gift wall.

Christmas Spirit alive with White Christmas at Warner Bros. Movie World

For the seventh successive year, Warner Bros. Movie World will join forces with the Gold Coast Community Fund and the Gold Coast SUNS to celebrate the White Christmas Charity Event and raise some much needed money for struggling Gold Coast families.

The White Christmas Charity Event is an annual event held at Warner Bros. Movie World where 4,500 disadvantaged Gold Coasters are invited to experience a magical evening of Christmas entertainment.

Warner Bros. Movie World General Manager, Greg Yong said the White Christmas event is a family favourite and the park is proud to be able to again join with the Gold Coast Community Fund and the Gold Coast SUNS to make a memorable night out for thousands of our guests. 

"Warner Bros. Movie World has a long history of supporting the Gold Coast community and the vital work done by the Gold Coast Community Fund. The White Christmas Charity Event is a great opportunity for us to provide families with a wonderful night out," he said.

“The White Christmas Charity Night also kick-start Movie World’s White Christmas events which see the park transformed into a winter wonderland as the iconic Main Street glistens with white snow while being illuminated by the largest and most spectacular light display in the country on selected nights in December.

“A highlight of White Christmas events is the Magical Parade, which features festive floats boasting Frosty the Snowman, Santa’s toy workshop and of course Bugs Bunny dressed in his Christmas best.”

Gold Coast Community Fund Chairman, Rutland Smith said each year this event puts smiles on the faces of thousands of Gold Coast families who are doing it tough.

“It is a truly inspirational event to witness and we are grateful for Movie World and the Gold Coast Suns generosity culminating in the seventh annual event, which I think is going to be one of the best yet,” he said.

"The Gold Coast Community Fund works closely with Movie World and the Gold Coast Suns and we are proud to partner with such amazing organizations who share our commitment to supporting the local Gold Coast community.

Gold Coast SUNS CEO, Andrew Travis said, “The Gold Coast Suns, in partnership with Warner Bros. Movie World and the Gold Coast Community Fund, are delighted to be a part of the White Christmas Charity Event for the seventh consecutive year,” Travis said.

“Since this time our club and our players have committed to more than 40,000 community volunteering hours with a strong focus on key social projects tackling domestic violence, youth homelessness and regional needs. It isn’t tick-a-box community. It is authentic engagement with a community that has backed us. It is giving back to a community that supports us and the White Christmas Charity Event is a great example of that.

“The event also provides us another opportunity to spread some holiday cheer, in a bid to put smiles on the faces of Gold Coasters who need it most during the festive season.”

The White Christmas Charity event is on Thursday 8 December and aims to raise money for local Gold Coast families throughout the festive season and is made possible by Warner Bros. Movie World and the support of its generous corporate partners.

The Gold Coast Community Fund was established more than a decade ago by leading Business figures to provide a pool of funds to help charities, community organisations and individuals dealing with emergency personal situations.

The White Christmas Charity Event and White Christmas Stocking Fund are a joint partnership between Warner Bros. Movie World, the Gold Coast Community Fund and the Gold Coast SUNS. To donate and help make a difference to Gold Coast families visit https://whitechristmas.com.au/gold-coast-community-fund.aspx

Will be there tomorrow night will post some updates to my facebook.

3 minutes ago, reanimated35 said:

I thought we all moved past the self promotion of other pages months ago?

As I will not be sharing the images directly on Parkz as I do not want to give "unrestricted rights to use that content on Parkz." I thought I would mention where you might be find the content if you wish to tomorrow. What I said does not breach the guidelines (I think).

Edited by Jordan M.

1 hour ago, Jordan M. said:

:rolleyes: Do you not realise Parkz is not only an enthusiast forum, but also a profit making business? Have you not noticed the large affiliate Groupon banner.

For the record, as Parkz Crew, @AlexB probably hasn't.

Ad-banner free viewing*
You'll be able to access the Parkz Community free from advertising banners for a faster, less cluttered experience.

But you know, we wouldn't really expect a "non-genuine enthusiast contributor" to know that. 

:) 

Edited by reanimated35