• A complete removal of the Vikings Revenge
    • New rollercoaster/flat ride
    • Refurbished/new waterpark
    • New shows and precincts
    • Renovate the Resort
    • Expansion
    • Nothing, its fine the way it is!

On 11/28/2016 at 8:28 PM, Jobe said:

Think its about time that they seriously think about relocating Surfrider to Seaworld, as per the original  plan. Its compact, and its a great fit for the park as a spiritual succesor to the Pirate Ship.It is also a quick fix to Seaworld's temporary reduction in thrill rides. Make it happen i say!!

In the advent of the news that Vikings revenge is now permanently shut, this then makes the call for Surfrider to be relocated to Seaworld that much more relevant and urgent. This would be a pretty cost effective way of introducing a new ride into a Park that sorely needs it. Lets face it, it certainly has not been a great success at Wet and Wild and it would make far more sense with a new theme and home at Seaworld. I understand that it has had reliability issues but surely these could be worked out for the move to Seaworld? Anyone else think this would be a good move for Seaworld?

Jobe, I would definitely move the Surfrider to Sea World. As mentioned in another thread, VRTP plan to replace Vikings Revenge with a NEW attraction by 2019, so I don't see the surfrider going there. But Sea World is definitely not pressed for space, so that's not a problem. VRTP never said anything about reopening old attractions so, it's not ruled out. I really enjoy the ride and would prefer to ride it not wet. It would also open up space for a future attraction at Wet n Wild.

1 hour ago, bladex said:

exciting new attraction huh. let the hype begin

Well that's not news, we all knew that already.

usually when you say "following plans" it indicates those plans have been revealed. Whilst literally-speaking saying "we'll build something in 3 years" would be a plan, it's not exciting at all...

Hmm. Several years ago I actually considered Sea World to be better (overall) than Movie World.

It's a far cry from how things are now. Movie World keeps getting better, but poor Sea World is very much the opposite.

A grand total of 4 (yes, FOUR) rides listed on the website now. Granted one of them is Nickelodeon Land, which is actually several rides, but still. Nowhere near good enough Sea World!

I was just watching a couple of videos of Bermuda Triangle this morning. Reminded me how awesome it was.

when it 1st opened it used to be even better. you went in and these guys said we need your help than you got on board. a pda played the whole time you were on it describing each room you entered  and later found out one of the guys who recruited you was an alien inside the ride itself. i was fortunate enough to actually ride it when it was a fully interactive experience. later on they just turned all that off...

Edited by bladex

5 minutes ago, bladex said:

when it 1st opened it used to be even better. you went in and these guys said we need your help than you got on board. a pda played the whole time you were on it describing each room you entered  and later found out one of the guys who recruited you was an alien inside the ride itself. i was fortunate enough to actually ride it when it was a fully interactive experience. later on they just turned all that off...

I have experienced the pre-ride "recruitment of volunteers", but I never saw the PDA you mentioned, or the part where the guy who recruited you was an alien.

Why would they dumb down, and ultimately close such a brilliant ride? I wouldn't have minded if they'd replaced it with something as good or better, but Storm? Seriously?

the pda was on when it practically 1st opened it was actually inside the boat itself that's when we 1st came up here for a holiday would have been early 90's? one of the chicks who recruited you was an alien and in mid ride you find out about her over the PDA. you even see her on a tv screen inside the ride she starts saying your all mine now and starts laughing. than she just lets you go on the splashdown at the end. the guys on the pda sounded shocked that she let you go. also now and than the mountain would rumble and a flamethrower would shoot out of the volcano itself. :lol:

as for why they dumbed it down no idea prob just to make boarding go faster...

Edited by bladex

yeah it was it was awesome. the whole ride used to be interactive from the very beginning your were on an expedition into the burmuda triangle. each time you entered a room the pda would describe each thing in the room and how amazing it was including the vanishing ufo.

Edited by bladex

The voiceover on the boat was hit and miss in later times. The revelation of the chick in the pre-show video being the alien continued to be revealed in ride just as described above right up until it closed - unless of course the projector wasn't working (which in later times was frequent) but the audio continued to play her voice.

I am going to question the word 'interactive' being applied to bermuda. Sure it was an immersive storyline if you paid attention to it. You were recruited to go on an expedition, and the narration throughout the ride kept you involved, but was it INTERACTIVE? I say no.

Interactive would be 'Donkey Live' or 'Stitch Encounter' or 'Turtle Talk'. Bermuda was just you along for the ride - being TOLD a story, not playing an active part in it.

You know what would have been cool?.... they could of breathed new life into Bermuda by renovating it adjusting the story line and making it a lazer shoot ride like buzz light year Astro blasters in Disneyland  a ghost train that had been in operating since the  90s in Alton towers in the UK  got converted to this and made the attraction popular again ! 

Edited by Themeparkfan

the tech involved in such a conversion would be massive - each boat would need to be retrofitted, targets placed around the ride and all that connecting to a scoring system that you can see on your way out.

The animatronics and effects in the ride were deemed uneconomical to repair - which they would also have had to have done in order to keep it running.

it'd have been nice, but not really a realistic option.

Having been on the UK dark ride you speak of, I can confirm that adding guns to a ride is a gimmick that does nothing to improve the ride.  Besides that, the problem with Bermuda wasn't that it was unpopular, the problem was it was literally falling apart, and would have cost a few million to fix, and that's before you even touch the effects.  I don't blame them for not being keen to spend the cash.

Edited by joz

18 hours ago, bladex said:

one of the chicks who recruited you was an alien and in mid ride you find out about her over the PDA. you even see her on a tv screen inside the ride she starts saying your all mine now and starts laughing. than she just lets you go on the splashdown at the end. the guys on the pda sounded shocked that she let you go. also now and than the mountain would rumble and a flamethrower would shoot out of the volcano itself. :lol:

Bermuda Triangle is my favourite ride - I rode it for the 1st time in the late 2000's & it seemed like it operated as it did when it opened (based on people's descriptions who rode it in the mid-1990's). Unless my memory has made me forget, I didn't realise the twist that one of the recruiters was an alien - I was always confused as to why a human was in an alien world full of robots :huh:

The only thing that I think didn't feature when I rode it but was there on opening day was the flame shooting out of the flume's exit out of the volcano (see photo from an archived SW website) - I was looking forward to the flame shooting 'out of the tunnel' as the 'research probe' went zooming past it. Can someone tell me if that featured when it opened in 1994?:Bermuda Triangle ? Gold Coast Theme Park Adventure Ride

Edited by Jamberoo Fan