• A complete removal of the Vikings Revenge
    • New rollercoaster/flat ride
    • Refurbished/new waterpark
    • New shows and precincts
    • Renovate the Resort
    • Expansion
    • Nothing, its fine the way it is!

5 hours ago, Intimidator305. said:

How high is the chance that VRTP's major announcement could be bigger than we thought, and include Sea World?

It's possible. When looking back at SE's construction, SE was first formally announced to the media within a larger announcement about expansions at all VRTP tourist attractions. SE's major media announcement that was dedicated just to SE didn't occur until 4 days prior to opening. Looking at the timetable I put in the '2017 Movie World roller coaster' topic, such an expansions announcement might occur in early June 2017 (though it's highly likely such an announcement could be held prior in a different time period).

Edited by Jamberoo Fan

How is it unlikely? 

I'm interested to know how some people on here know the fate of certain rides based on little more than their own assumption?

If I were to listen to educated guesses then I would only be paying attention to the comments of a handful on here. Maybe start by reading what @Richard has had to say on the subject of home grown/in house rides?

In the case of the Flume ride, I would say SW will do absolutely everything feasible to keep the ride. If it is however found that repair cost is greater than that of a superior replacement then logic would suggest it's days are to numbered. Personally, I do not believe that to be the case.

Edited by MickeyD

So ive never told this story here but when my mum and dad took myself and my little bro to Seaworld/Nara Resort for 3 days back in 2001. While mum waited with my little bro in the pram, dad took me on the Vikings Revenge Flume. At the loading dock, something happened which caused the boat dad and i were in to immediately dispatch right after the boat in front and then an empty boat behind us immediately dispatched as well so the three boats were hitting each other through the channels. Dad started freaking out as the boats got to the conveyor hill as he thought something bad might happen on the way down (capsize, crash, i dunno what) so he jumped off the side on the way up and i remember being totally distressed while he tried to help me off. I think we just waited there for a while because we didnt know what to do/where to go and then they shut down the ride and one of the ride attendants came running up to us and was really angry because we had apparently made them shut down the ride and when dad tried to explain that he was worried about what would happen going downhill, the attendant told us that there was a safety mechanism at the top of the hill that stopped the boats and only let one down at a time. So that was my experience on the Vikings Revenge, lol.

I think we need some of these...

Related image  :P:P:P:P

Honestly though, in response to your post @POP...  Yeah with a young kid I would definitely be worried if something like that happened...  You would think though that staff would have stopped the ride so you stopped at the lift hill as a precaution...  If one thing failed (like the release of so many boats already) and no safety system kicked in at the next available point (the start of the lift hill) you would be hesitant to believe that the next safety precaution would kick in properly...  Especially if you had no detailed knowledge of how the ride system works...

51 minutes ago, MaxxTheMonster said:

I think we need some of these...

Related image  :P:P:P:P

Honestly though, in response to your post @POP...  Yeah with a young kid I would definitely be worried if something like that happened...  You would think though that staff would have stopped the ride so you stopped at the lift hill as a precaution...  If one thing failed (like the release of so many boats already) and no safety system kicked in at the next available point (the start of the lift hill) you would be hesitant to believe that the next safety precaution would kick in properly...  Especially if you had no detailed knowledge of how the ride system works...

Pretty much lol, and dad already HATED going on rides and i do believe this was the last ride he ever went on. 

^Yeah, that's what I thought happened on Viking's Revenge - a whole bunch get dispatched at once then they separate before the lift hill.

Typical dad moment, though. A friend of mine was on Transformers at USS with his family and completely flipped out when the ride came to a stop just beyond the station.

1 hour ago, iwerks said:

^Yeah, that's what I thought happened on Viking's Revenge - a whole bunch get dispatched at once then they separate before the lift hill.

Typical dad moment, though. A friend of mine was on Transformers at USS with his family and completely flipped out when the ride came to a stop just beyond the station.

No actually they didn't seperate at the lift hill they were still almost on top of each other. That's what dad decided to abandon the ride. We were told that the boats get stopped at the top of the drop.