1. 1. What should happen to seaworld?

• A complete removal of the Vikings Revenge
    • New rollercoaster/flat ride
    • Refurbished/new waterpark
    • New shows and precincts
    • Renovate the Resort
    • Expansion
    • Nothing, its fine the way it is!

If this does close like River Rapids because of an overreaction over a 'Shit Happens' moment, over something trivial, over something that happens everyday in the world around us.... People need to stop getting caught up over a conveyor belt of emotion about it, both parks should make the modifications that need to be made to the rides then quickly reopen afterwards. 

So is it opened or closed?

In regards to the post above - if there's anything that'll force a premature closure of this ride (outside of park management, anyway) it'll be the fact that VRTP's insurance provider (highly likely Lloyds, although TBH I have zero idea) will hike the premiums up on home-made attractions in light of recent tragedies up the road. If that happens, then I see both log flume attractions at our Gold Coast parks seeing either major refurbs by a third party like Intamin or Hopkins, or they'll close.

I'm starting to be bit more concerned now that the ride's age is beginning to show - it seems too odd to open after maintenance to only shut down again after 1 day. If ride signage is indeed being removed, it indicates to me that they've either decided to do a major refurbishment of the ride now (as it's too risky to continue operation in it's current state) or they are preparing the ride for a soon-to-be announced permanent closure.

Edited by Jamberoo Fan

I don't think it ever re-opened.   It just came off maintenance page for one day. 

Skeet stop stealing photos and being a naughty boy/girl.

boat.jpg

MW has posted an award for the missing sign.  It reads "Locate our deeply beloved sign and spend one night free stuck on the GL"

boat2.jpg

Edited by YLFATEEKS

1 hour ago, zacsta_1997 said:

Interesting!  Maybe they're trying to make changes slowly, either by slowly removing signage for closure, or a retheme or refurbishment. If I remember correctly, the ride was fairly quiet with little to no theming towards Vikings. 

nope they are dismantling it as i said they would be. take a good look at this ride while you can it's OVER.

Edited by Tornado

I'm hoping this isn't a sign of the closure of the ride, and at the moment the chance the ride gets dismantled is very slim, given we know very little about the situation. I'm thinking SW are replacing the aged signage with replacement signs.

Didn't Sea Viper's logo sign remain on the station until they shut the ride and demolished the station?

Edited by XxMrYoshixX

Ugh, this is so confusing! Things pointing both ways!

On the one hand, it seems odd that SW would remove the signs first upon an unannounced closure. If they're actually getting rid of the rides behind our backs, wouldn't there be plenty of things on the demolition to-do-list before "#134: Take down signage."?

Then again, they weren't aged, faded or outdated in any way, and the timber being removed from behind the drop isn't a good sign...

My humble opinion is that the ride will remain open, and that SW is taking the time to do a full run-through/refurbishment, patching up anything that looks worn/faded/broken etc. Probably prompted by the TRRR incident, and they thought it safest to make this maintenance period a big 'un.

Because honestly, if SW removed VRFR before opening a new ride, that takes them down to TWO FAMILY RIDES and NO THRILL RIDES for the upcoming peak period... And surely, if the ride was ageing, you'd either maintain it to keep the crowds dispersed and add it to the checklist for demolition, or replace it ASAP...