2017 for Gold Coast Theme Parks

Possibilities   

31 members have voted

1. 1. Where would you like a new rollercoaster or Flat Ride to be added?

• Movie World
    • SeaWorld
    • Dream World
    • Aussie World
    • Other
  2. 2. What theme park do you think has the brightest future in 2017?

• Movie World
    • Sea World
    • Dream World
    • Aussie World
    • Other
  3. 3. What ride would you most liked refurbished?

• Vikings Revenge- Sea World
    • Scooby Doo Spooky Coaster- Movie World
    • Log Flume- Dream World
    • Motorbike Coaster- Dream World

What could the future hold,

2016 is coming to an end with many ups like DC Doomsday Destroyer, refurbishments and more and also downs like the event at Dreamworld.

Although I'd like to ask what you hope for the theme parks in the coming year (excluding rumoured Rollercoaster for Movie World.)

Edited by Gold Coast Amusement Force

Well I'd like to see a coaster or flat added to every park in 2017 and I'd say there is a better then fair chance we'll see something new at SW & DW to go along with MW's hyper. 

I dont think anything will top MW's coaster. They've got 2017 already tied up for the win. 

SDSC is fine. MDMC has had its obscure VR upgrade so they won't be touched. 

The Log Ride could use a re-theme or some sort of refresh. I'd expect we may see some changes, even if only cosmetic, given it's likely to be DW's only family water ride moving forward. 

Vikings has been discussed quite heavily in another thread 

12 minutes ago, Theme Park Girl said:

Rumoured Coaster? I think you have some serious catching up to do in the Movie World rollercoaster thread. 

Hey, just because they've put the footings in doesn't mean they're going to build it a coaster...

maybe it'll be a walkthrough attraction on the development of footings...

31 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

Well I'd like to see a coaster or flat added to every park in 2017 and I'd say there is a better then fair chance we'll see something new at SW & DW to go along with MW's hyper. 

I dont think anything will top MW's coaster. They've got 2017 already tied up for the win. 

SDSC is fine. MDMC has had its obscure VR upgrade so they won't be touched. 

The Log Ride could use a re-theme or some sort of refresh. I'd expect we may see some changes, even if only cosmetic, given it's likely to be DW's only family water ride moving forward. 

Vikings has been discussed quite heavily in another thread 

Hey, just because they've put the footings in doesn't mean they're going to build it a coaster...

maybe it'll be a walkthrough attraction on the development of footings...

Edited by Gold Coast Amusement Force

15 minutes ago, Gold Coast Amusement Force said:

Thank you, if Movie World hasn't announced it specifically, it's not final, so stop assuming and getting angry at me for it, I obviously know what's going on, I've posted a video on YouTube about the construction

Woah there...

Firstly, who's angry?

Secondly, who's assuming anything? There is tens of pages of talk about the coaster if you can bother looking for the thread and catching up 

Thirdly, my 4 year old makes YouTube videos. I've even seen Dogs with channels. The fact you've posted a video on YouTube doesn't mean you know what's going on, it just means you know how to use a computer or smart phone. 

Finally, you currently know jack all as a rookie poster here, and what I mean by that is, unless you have some valid information to share that is in some way validated, you know as much as all of us that do or do not know anything, and either choose to or are bound to not sharing.  

Edited by Brad2912

I think every park needs a new rollercoaster at this time - MW is in time for one and is consequently getting one (a very good one too), DW has been in need of a large rollercoaster for a while, and Sea World has recently come in need of a ride to replace Sea Viper's level of thrill. Movie World definitely has the brightest future 2017-wise, but I think over the next two or three years both Sea World and Dreamworld have bright futures too (provided DW recovers well from its current situation of course) as I'm sure they'll both put in some great attractions to rival MW (in DW's case) or return the park to its former glory (in SW's case). As for refurbishments, I think the obvious one is Viking's, followed by Log Ride. MDMC as Brad said got (has it actually been implemented yet?) VR and won't be touched for a few years now. Scooby Doo is still in a great state, sure not as top-quality as some of the newer rides at MW but it's certainly not the worst ride on the GC.

1 hour ago, Santa07 said:

I think every park needs a new rollercoaster at this time - MW is in time for one and is consequently getting one (a very good one too), DW has been in need of a large rollercoaster for a while, and Sea World has recently come in need of a ride to replace Sea Viper's level of thrill. Movie World definitely has the brightest future 2017-wise, but I think over the next two or three years both Sea World and Dreamworld have bright futures too (provided DW recovers well from its current situation of course) as I'm sure they'll both put in some great attractions to rival MW (in DW's case) or return the park to its former glory (in SW's case). As for refurbishments, I think the obvious one is Viking's, followed by Log Ride. MDMC as Brad said got (has it actually been implemented yet?) VR and won't be touched for a few years now. Scooby Doo is still in a great state, sure not as top-quality as some of the newer rides at MW but it's certainly not the worst ride on the GC.

:)

I think they should get rid of or relocate the arcade because it is very boring and the machines are terrible. With the land of the arcade and dogems, they could make a cool little dark ride, especially if the extend the ceiling, or they could just put in like a carnival ride like the gravitron or twister. Or a show, so many possibilities.

I don't think 2017 will be the year for new attractions at DW, but more getting things back on track. After the incident it could take some time to get back to the way it was in regards to the amount of people visiting the park. And the park may struggle finically because of it. But these are just quick thoughts at this stage as we don't know how much it has effected the park, until the Summer holiday crowds appear. 

And also the LEGO Store and Stage 2 of Tiger Island need to be completed, so they may have been put on hold while things are sorted out. Or they may push hard to get them complete in time for the holidays to try and attract the crowds.

Keep in mind theme parks plan years in advanced. (5-10 year plans) MW might already be planning their next roller coaster for let's say 6 years in the future. Most likely 2017 and 2018 plans would have been finalised and contracts signed. Remember ride manufacturers want a deposit at least a year + before the ride opens. So if the rumours of a new slide tower at WWW or other changes at DW were planned for next year than they would have been signed and already had deposits paid for. Meaning it's to late to back out without losing a MAJOR deposit. Keep in mind AW paid their deposit and signed the contract for MI3 in September a year in advanced of the ride opening. MW new roller coaster would have been signed of maybe 1-2 years ago.