Themed Areas

Themed Areas  

27 members have voted

1. 1. What GC Theme Park would you like to have a new themed area?

• Movie World
    • Sea World
    • Wet'n'Wild
    • Dreamworld
    • White Water World
  2. 2. What would it be themed around?

• Horror
    • Sci-fi
    • Western
    • Pirate
    • Kids
    • Action
    • Generic
    • Medieval
    • Jurassic
    • Hollywood
    • Mythical
    • Disco
    • Character Themed
    • Other, please comment :)
  3. 3. What would it most likely include?

• Roller Coaster
    • Flat Ride
    • Interactive Areas
    • Shows
    • Walkthroughs
    • Shops
    • Displays
    • Other, please comment :)

If any Theme park on the Gold Coast was to add a new themed section, what would you want it to be and what would it include.

Ive also attached a pole but feel free to comment elaborate ideas.

Looking forward to reading them :)

Thankyou

Edited by Gold Coast Amusement Force

If I could, I'd vote twice or even three times.

What I've voted in the poll is Movie World - not because they desperately need a new area as they've just gotten one, but they need an area with a new theme as I'm sure everyone agrees the DC comics theme is starting to take over the park. Theming a new area to some major movie franchise and adding a new coaster (I am speaking several years into the future here though) or flat ride would be great.

There's always the possibility that Dreamworld remove Gold Rush due to the recent incident and in that case they'd be in need of a new area. Great opportunity for a great new family ride (fingers crossed for a dark ride here) or the rollercoaster they're in need of as the area doesn't necessarily have to even stick to the Gold Rush plot of land and could always extend back into Blue Lagoon.

Sea World, as has been discussed could also do well with a nice area. Something along the lines of Joz's idea would be ideal for the park.

The water parks don't really need anything because they're not really split into themed areas in the first place. If you're speaking new slide complexes, well there is the rumoured slide tower for WWW next year.

I've also attached a pole.

lighting-and-telecom---special-applicati

3 minutes ago, Chubu said:

White Water World is badly in need of an expansion.

I think an area of just disco themed shops is sorely needed. 

(A dippin dots land with fountains world be great at any park)

To be honest, i don't think it does need an expantion. Maybe a little one but nothing serious. 

I said Sea World mainly because it's never really had a proper "themed" area

Sure it's had rides that have held a cohesive theme, but apart from Castaway Bay and Nickelodeon Land the park has a very "generic" feel about it. It would be nice to see them try to provide theme that differentiate from the tropical theme that they've used year after year. 

@diesal11 Yes, that may be correct but thats just the way Wet n Wild was designed. They spread out their park whereas WWW has built up. I still don't think they need to expand. As what @themagician and @Brad2912 said, it isn't a full day park so it doesn't need to be massive like WNW

An old fashioned Seaside Amusement Boardwalk area for SW along the linesame of Disney's a raise Pierre and Blackpool Pleasure Beach - I am in love with Joz's idea proposed a little while ago however I would also add a "fun wheel" to the Skyline and with the main coaster looking and feeling like Disney California Screamin with it's white wooden panels to replicate an old sea side woody. The Grundy shooting style ride sounds a lot like Toy Story Midway Mania and you could also go one step further and add a "Ghost Train" - like the old Grundy's one among the games on the Midway. Finish things off with a Wave Swinger ride with all it's traditional artwork and lighting to help add kinetics to the skyline and an affordable Thrill flat

That's a whole new area and just imagine how terrific it would look from both within the Park and from across the Broadwater!