New show

New Show  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Which New show would you prefer the most?

• Disco
    • Superhero night
    • Villain Night
    • Early Morning Event
    • Other- please comment

Aren't these events? With shows I thought you meant like a Mad Max or DC Super Villains stunt show at MW. They certainly need two top notch shows to please the punters who aren't roller coaster fans. It would also help make it a full day park again.

And wow - a 43 comment count in 9 hours! Quiet Sunday was it @Gold Coast Amusement Force?

Edited by iwerks

@razza1987 I totally agree! It would be something to spice up the WWF area, Instead of the current pictures of the western country. Heres my idea for a couple of shows:

DC Heroes vs Villains:

It would be awesome to see a show where the Heroes try and defeat the villains, and just in time because of the new ride. I also think it ties in well because of the recent movies and new movies being launched by DC. (Suicide Squad - Wonder Woman)

A western show:

This would look pretty nice in the WWF area, IMO, it should be like a shootout or something... but also incorporates the public so its more enjoyable. It would be a great addition to add to the area, liven it up a little bit.

IMO, i think the parade at the end of the day has gotten a little boring, they shouldn't just have the characters on the floats... I think they should be allowed to jump down and interact with everyone; be a bit more friendly! 

33 minutes ago, ClassifiedLlama said:

@razza1987 

A western show:

This would look pretty nice in the WWF area, IMO, it should be like a shootout or something... but also incorporates the public so its more enjoyable. It would be a great addition to add to the area, liven it up a little bit.

IMO, i think the parade at the end of the day has gotten a little boring, they shouldn't just have the characters on the floats... I think they should be allowed to jump down and interact with everyone; be a bit more friendly! 

Funnily enough they used to have a western show not that long ago. Budget cuts apparently :/

They do that during the parade and have for quite a while...

1 hour ago, ClassifiedLlama said:

You mean what already happens in every single parade?? 

The shows I feel have got worse over the years,

The main attraction hsd 2 I feel is worse than ever and often really boring. I definitely liked the more action in the original, so desperately wish they would bring it back, even the cars were better.

In the case of the parade, it is getting very repetitive and I don't bother watching it any more as it is quite boring and the lines tend to decrease during this time. I think if they also added evil characters, more than just the joker, (e.g., the ninjas), were added it would be more fun and interesting. Also if they didn't rope off the areas and let the characters roam free it would be much more interactive, although I know the cars moving around would be an issue. 

The random shows like Catwoman beating police officers and joker pretending to shoot batman and running off are more than pathetic. The catwoman show is so bad and the action is so low with the worst combat I've ever seen, it is so slow, it's like watching them try to tango. The joker one is also ridicule and doesn't show much and leaves an unsatisfying conclusion.

I miss the old show with the robbers robbing the bank and batman vs scarecrow, that was such a awsome show with a plot and seeing batman get captured was so awsome, and scarecrow would come up on the screen, the combat was really good and the conclusion was satisfying as well as the simple yet brilliant plot.

They definitely need to bring it back or something like it, (hints dc villains show.) 

Finally the road runner 3D show is still an amazing experience and I have no complaints about it. Although, it's not an actual live show.

Anyway, they've slacked on shows as of late and have had really poor plots and conclusions, so I hope they improve and improvise on the area and characters they have avalaible, and produce a better quality show, (theirs also massive room for a Wild West show.) ;)

Anyways, I do really think there needs to be some sort of show again in the WWF area

3 hours ago, Gold Coast Amusement Force said:

The shows I feel have got worse over the years,

The main attraction hsd 2 I feel is worse than ever and often really boring. I definitely liked the more action in the original, so desperately wish they would bring it back, even the cars were better.

In the case of the parade, it is getting very repetitive and I don't bother watching it any more as it is quite boring and the lines tend to decrease during this time. I think if they also added evil characters, more than just the joker, (e.g., the ninjas), were added it would be more fun and interesting. Also if they didn't rope off the areas and let the characters roam free it would be much more interactive, although I know the cars moving around would be an issue. 

The random shows like Catwoman beating police officers and joker pretending to shoot batman and running off are more than pathetic. The catwoman show is so bad and the action is so low with the worst combat I've ever seen, it is so slow, it's like watching them try to tango. The joker one is also ridicule and doesn't show much and leaves an unsatisfying conclusion.

I miss the old show with the robbers robbing the bank and batman vs scarecrow, that was such a awsome show with a plot and seeing batman get captured was so awsome, and scarecrow would come up on the screen, the combat was really good and the conclusion was satisfying as well as the simple yet brilliant plot.

They definitely need to bring it back or something like it, (hints dc villains show.) 

Finally the road runner 3D show is still an amazing experience and I have no complaints about it. Although, it's not an actual live show.

Anyway, they've slacked on shows as of late and have had really poor plots and conclusions, so I hope they improve and improvise on the area and characters they have avalaible, and produce a better quality show, (theirs also massive room for a Wild West show.) ;)

Well worded, I totally agree with you on the parade bit, it's just too repetitive id you visit often, it would be much better if the cars stopped for 5 minutes or so, so people can take photos and interact with the characters. As for the shows side of things, OFCOURSE theyv'e slacked off... I mean they are spending probably over $25 million dollars on this new ride and also the DD that just opened cost them over $15 million. IMO I think the Hollywood stunt driver show has gotten old and it needs to be something totally different, I suggested way up in the forum that there should be some sort of ultra battle show between the DC villains and the heroes. I think that would be good to replace HSD2. 

Edited by ClassifiedLlama

7 hours ago, ClassifiedLlama said:

IMO I think the Hollywood stunt driver show has gotten old and it needs to be something totally different, I suggested way up in the forum that there should be some sort of ultra battle show between the DC villains and the heroes. I think that would be good to replace HSD2. 

Funny how a lot of us say the poor quality of HWSD, HWSD2, etc...  Part of me deep down still does compare these to what they had in PASS no matter how hard I try not to...  But I think it had the mix of action, cars, footwork and comedy perfect...  HWSD was good for a while but with nothing really on offer other than cars driving around, no footwork, no comedy it got boring quickly...  They did try and bring it back with the "Rodney" type character helping out on set but it seemed more like they just dropped him into the story line to try and inject some comedic relief and it didn't really work...  Now with HWSD2 we have about 10 mins total of drifting...  Feels more like an extended TVC for Honda and Thrifty if I am totally honest...  I would not miss a show back in the day but even now Mr 4yo (who loved HWSD) says he doesn't want to go see the show when we ask...  And this is a kid who spends most of his time playing at home and Preschool playing with Hot Wheels and Monster Trucks...

I think they need to fully redevelop the whole set and start from fresh. They could probably keep all the structural elements, as that's where the major costs are, but change the cosmetics of the set so it makes sense, so that your not watching a trailer for a Australian race in a American/Italian town. I really enjoyed the original HWSD, all it needed was some comedic elements and it would've been great. But PASS was just on a whole new level and greatness. I hope in the next two years MW change the stunt show completely, and not have a HSD3. Cars doing stunts is fine, and I really enjoy them at times. But there needs to be a proper story, and bring back some stunt men to really add to the show. And none of this, let's make a movie trailer, and have people come down and do some scenes while everyone just sits there, and then let's watch the trailer at the end while everyone again sits there awkwardly.

19 minutes ago, themagician said:

I think they need to fully redevelop the whole set and start from fresh. They could probably keep all the structural elements, as that's where the major costs are, but change the cosmetics of the set so it makes sense, so that your not watching a trailer for a Australian race in a American/Italian town. I really enjoyed the original HWSD, all it needed was some comedic elements and it would've been great. But PASS was just on a whole new level and greatness. I hope in the next two years MW change the stunt show completely, and not have a HSD3. Cars doing stunts is fine, and I really enjoy them at times. But there needs to be a proper story, and bring back some stunt men to really add to the show. And none of this, let's make a movie trailer, and have people come down and do some scenes while everyone just sits there, and then let's watch the trailer at the end while everyone again sits there awkwardly.

Well said, i really liked the first HWSD but i was a bit disappointed that there would be a second one. I think they should change up their shows every 1 or 2 years in that arena.

I don't think every 1-2 year would be finically possible. The first one went from Dec 2008 to Feb 2014. And then the current one went for 2 years before changes were made due to ththe motor bike accident. But I'm glad they got rid of the bikes because those ramps looked so crap and didn't match anything else. 

1 hour ago, themagician said:

And none of this, let's make a movie trailer, and have people come down and do some scenes while everyone just sits there, and then let's watch the trailer at the end while everyone again sits there awkwardly.

You know - i disagree with this in part - i think the 'actors' pulled from the crowd are a great crowd participation idea, but it should be something they do as pre-show - do it to entertain the crowd as people enter - like they used to do with Mad Mike - pull people out, record what you're going to record - get them to ham it up - get the crowd involved in that sort of way - so the show can start, and keep its momentum - people forget about all the crowd reaction scenes, and some latecomers to the show don't even realise it has been done, but its a great way to keep the crowd entertained at the start

I definitely agree that they need to consider bringing back the preshow. The one for Police Academy was just as entertaining as the show itself. 

Also some more comic relief would be good. I know they have the cops in the current one, but it's a very short lived scene, and their voice overs aren't the best. Not quite the same amusement as what Marty and Rodney brought to the table. 

They could also do some crowd interaction ones like the band heist where it randomly occurred and wasn't ropped off. Like someone suggested a Wild West show where they have a shootout and start spreading out across the crowd shooting around, I think that would be cool. Or a show where the villains have to defend the Doomsday Destroyer area from heros trying to reclaim it, now that would excite me :)