Dreamworld future attraction ideas

Life

I hope it's not too soon, but I'd like to start fresh on this one and turn to a positive note... Dreamworld is one of my all time favorite parks and I would love to see it recover and flourish. It's time to move on from the tragic occurrences of October 2016 and start thinking about the future of the park and where it will move in the future.

With 4x SBNO attractions (TRR, Eureka, Skylink, and the BB Ampitheatre) in one corner of the park there is going to be a clear push for a drastic change in this area.

Dreamworld has typically been focused heavily on the Australian lifestyle and while the theme's may not always make sense: see turbines, the main areas lean towards Australiana and I think this would be a great direction to head for a retheme as well. The whole "old west" and "gold rush" thing is a bit played out now, it's all about the beauty of nature.

What would you like to see for Dreamworld in 2017 and beyond? Personally, I would like to see a complete overhaul of Gold rush into a leafy green lush Australian Rainforest theme, bringing in some of the amazing beauty we have in the Gold Coast Hinterland.

We have the Ocean theme, we have the Bush theme, I think something a little more tropical complementing its location would be a great addition, and truly distance the area from its current situation.

don't forget that Kevil Hill is also SBNO so that's 5 x SBNO attractions at the park ATM

I personally think something will happen with TCK (Tiger Cub Kindy) and KH/ZE area when the Summer Holidays are done, I don't know what they could do with that area, I'm placing my bets something will happen to it by next year.

I remember someone on here saying that nothing is happening with Zombe till November. 

with tragedy that has happened I don't think we will be seeing any work till next year with the attraction, 

in saying this I did get told Dreamworld was considering to reopen the attraction back as the laser tag counterpart (same source who told me about TCK) but with what's happened I don't think that's not a main priority at the moment 

Edited by Theme Park Ninja

4 minutes ago, Gold Coast Amusement Force said:

Already a topic

Every park has it's own unique qualities, it is hard to discuss them as a whole without getting off topic (which is made even more complex when an opinion poll takes up half the page). Historically on Parkz each park has always had its own thread. I am continuing that trend.

Edited by Life

2 minutes ago, Theme Park Ninja said:

don't forget that Kevil Hill is also SBNO so that's 5 x SBNO attractions at the park ATM

I personally think something will happen with TCK (Tiger Cub Kindy) and KH/ZE area when the Summer Holidays are done, I don't know what they could do with that area, I'm placing my bets something will happen to it by next year.

I remember someone on here saying that nothing is happening with Zombe till November.

That is an interesting one, it was clear from the beginning that Tiger cub kindy was always a temporary structure to keep the crowds during the tiger island renovation... They run KH as a seasonal attraction before, I'm curious to see if it continues to run so during the Christmas period, or if it has been gutted and will make way for something else.

14 minutes ago, Life said:

That is an interesting one, it was clear from the beginning that Tiger cub kindy was always a temporary structure to keep the crowds during the tiger island renovation... They run KH as a seasonal attraction before, I'm curious to see if it continues to run so during the Christmas period, or if it has been gutted and will make way for something else.

took me a while to dig this picture up but this is what briefing bay 1 and 2 look like from the first Screamworld in April,  IMG_1322.JPGIt was still like this back in September.  So unless there's been work to restore it back into it's laser tag counterpart after the last Screamworld occurred, I don't think it will reopen anytime soon if it's still like. 

Edited by Theme Park Ninja

Regararding Kevil. I heard that the licensing was renewed recently however they planned to just keep it as a scare attraction for Screamworld.

With no current Screamworld dates for the year and Zombies will be branded as insensitive by many and the media I highly doubt we will see the attraction reopen in its current form again.

• Richard changed the title to Dreamworld future attraction ideas
4 minutes ago, Intimidator305. said:

I'm not that informed in the Mine Ride sort of things. IS Eureka a mine train or is it something more like Scooby? Either way a mine train could be a very cool ride for Dream World, its not been done in Australia and would suit a Mine theme, also appealing to a bigger audience.

More of a "Mine Cart" ride.

You sat in mine carts and whizzed around the track. Here's some footage which should give you a pretty good idea what it was all about. 

It also gives you a good indication of the current state of the track too. 

7 hours ago, Prequel said:

Getting a new family ride to replace Thunder River Rapids.

I think it will happen in time, but with over $200 million being wiped off the market cap - it wont happen anytime soon. There is also a big risk Dreamworld will be sold off as the amount it just lost the parent is more then half of its overall value.

• 3 weeks later...

How I hope the next few years will go:

2017- www expansion (semiconfirmed already), possible retheme of gold rush (including buzz saw)

2018- possible retheme of gold rush if not already done, new coaster either in the trrr/eureka or blue lagoon area to the new theme - notable coasters include mack Big Dipper, eurofighter, or woodie.

2019- off year after coaster, possible flat (star flyer?) or area revamp

2020- dark ride