Sea World future attraction ideas

Flynn_Smith

Hello! I decided to make this topic purely because Sea World aren't doing too great at the moment and are in need of some new ideas, SO, share them on here!

Personally, i think that they should be focussing on expanding the park and adding new attractions, while removing old ones. Have fun!

Edited by ClassifiedLlama

Whilst all funded by the same parent company, there is no doubts capex plans for each park individually allocated each year. 

Whilst I don't expect us to see a massive investment go into SW on the same scale as the new coaster as MW, I'm sure they have something up their sleeve in time for mid-late 2018. 

1 hour ago, razza1987 said:

The gremlins ride terrified me lmao. I agree with you on the River ride

Which ride is plunge?

The plunge was the water ride removed from the back of the Sea World resort. Used to be at Wet n Wild. :)

Just now, Brad2912 said:

Whilst all funded by the same parent company, there is no doubts capex plans for each park individually allocated each year. 

Whilst I don't expect us to see a massive investment go into SW on the same scale as the new coaster as MW, I'm sure they have something up their sleeve in time for mid-late 2018. 

I sure hope so. 

@ClassifiedLlama I wouldn't call SW as failing..

one of their latest demographics is international tourists, the majority of which don't give a rats about rides, so the offerings for them are improving. They've invested in better food options and the new undercover area which goes some way to weather proof the park too. It also has the best kids/family offering of the VRTP parks. 

I agree is short probably 2 rides that look after the teen/adult demographic, but they are not failing 

Just now, Brad2912 said:

@ClassifiedLlama I wouldn't call SW as failing..

one of their latest demographics is international tourists, the majority of which don't give a rats about rides, so the offerings for them are improving. They've invested in better food options and the new undercover area which goes some way to weather proof the park too. It also has the best kids/family offering of the VRTP parks. 

I agree is short probably 2 rides that look after the teen/adult demographic, but they are not failing 

Sorry, I probably used the wrong word there. I guess Sea World is more aimed at children and families. 

If I remember correctly the last roller coaster that VRTP built was Storm. They went Green Lantern, Storm than back to MW for this Hyper coaster. So maybe the next roller coaster might go back to SW.

SW might be saving up for a big attraction. Since they have only done small stuff since Storm. (Plaza, Kids land and creatures of the deep) So maybe they are saving for another big attraction to come before the Commonwealth games. (not on the scale of MW but maybe a family or thrill coaster or a few flat rides)

I would assume that each park is given an allowance to spend each year. (MW getting the most SW second and WNW being the last) Then each park can spend that money how they feel fit. So maybe SW is putting their allowance together to save for something big. (IE a roller coaster) OR my second theory is each park has to submit plans to VRTP and VRTP decide which plans they will fund and what they want overall. (Clearly VRTP want to develop MW to suit all the other projects that are being built on that site. ) (These theories are a guess on my behalf)

Edited by Tim Dasco

@Tim Dasco Very smart theory.

I completely agree with you, although the kids land wasn't exactly a small project, it did cost them millions of dollars. But aside from that, i think a thrill rollercoaster is exactly what Sea World needs right now, or atleast a thrill flat ride. My opinion is that the park is lacking popularity from the thrill seeking park goer (for obvious reasons) and SeaWorld are in need of a thrill attraction. If the vikings revenge was removed then it would create a huge space for just about anything! e.g. A few water slides - Rollercoaster - A couple of flat rides. 

I don't really care if they renovate or build a new waterpark but they should definitely make use of the space they have. The water park hosts quite a large area with so much potential if removed but also so much potential with a Reno or a new waterpark.

I personally, would really like to see some new rides (don't really care what they are.) I understand SeaWorld is targeted at animals so I can't really say "why don't they have many rides." But to grow rate and generate more even numbers of age groups I think investing in one or two rides in a 5 year plan should be crucial

SW needs a decent Capital Injection with a focus on rides, rides and more rides.

Today with really only 2 that could be considered thrilling family rides I would love to see the addition of the following:

- A Creatures of the Deep interactive  Dark ride attraction that would take the place of the Castle Theatre area. 

- A fun flat ride over the existing Flume queue and boarding area. Something along the Thrill level of the Pirate Ship.

- A big dipper style rollercoaster made to look like an old sea side woody but a Steel Coaster, like California Screamin at DCA. Obvious location beside Jets Rescue.

- A great big Ferris Wheel, like the DCA Fun wheel. Now that I am sure building height restrictions have changed, they should investigate pursuing such an attraction permanently. The views are unsurpassed. Place along a Boardwalk area beside the new coaster.

Complete rebuild of the Front gate.

It's time to seriously reinvigorate SW. The Park is long overdue for a big spend 

Edited by MickeyD

4 hours ago, ClassifiedLlama said:

@wetiscal but they're doing better than Australia's Sea World.

Actually attendances are falling at the US Seaworld parks, and I'm not sure what data you can use to show they are doing better Our park. You attendance can't be used, as even if you proportion it on population, you still can't account for the increase visitation/tourism to that entire area that brings people to their door 

• Richard changed the title to Sea World future attraction ideas