Lets Talk Wet And Wild Gold Coast

Prequel

Apart from the burning paths, my only real complaint with Wet&Wild is the $10 charge for the lockers.

I have an unlimited membership, and I would expect to be able to visit all the parks at no additional cost. I can do so for thenon-waterparks, but at both Wet&Wild and Whitewater World there is effectively a fee of $10 each time I visit. 

This does weigh heavily into my decision on which park to visit each time. 

I understand that if lockers were free it could potentially mean there wouldn't be any available sometimes, but why can't they just have a deposit which is refunded when you end the locker hire.

I also find it very inconvenient having to queue in the shop for a wristband every time. Surely the wristbands could be issued by a vending machine in the locker areas. 

Edited by pushbutton

1 hour ago, Santa07 said:

The memberships are so cheap, so I can understand why the price of lockers isn't included. Perhaps adding free lockers to one of the higher levels of membership and raising the price a tiny bit would be a good idea?

I agree 100%!

My only real complaint with Wet&Wild is the $10 charge for the lockers.

I have an unlimited membership, and I would expect to be able to visit all the parks at no additional cost. I can do so for thenon-waterparks, but at both Wet&Wild and Whitewater World there is effectively a fee of $10 each time I visit. 

This does weigh heavily into my decision on which park to visit each time. 

I understand that if lockers were free it could potentially mean there wouldn't be any available sometimes, but why can't they just have a deposit which is refunded when you end the locker hire.

I also find it very inconvenient having to queue in the shop for a wristband every time. Surely the wristbands could be issued by a vending machine in the locker areas. 

31 minutes ago, Prequel said:

For school this year, i am going to Wet And Wild. I am pretty excited, I am going to make sure to bring thong's, so in the coming weeks i will be going back there. 

Gees.. I used to have to go to classrooms each day, you get to go to Wet N Wild for school... 

On 18/11/2016 at 9:08 PM, YLFATEEKS said:

@pushbutton did you have to walk 5 miles in the snow too?

I don't know if you meant that as a joke, or if you meant that you had to walk 5 miles in the snow when you were at school.

Either way, the answer is actually yes (almost). I went to school in Northern England, and occasionally in the winter it was snowing, however the distance from my house to my school was about 2 miles, not 5.

On 17/11/2016 at 10:07 PM, webslave said:

- The wrist-band system for lockers is a pain in the arse if you're sharing a locker with anyone, for example your spouse.

I haven't been in a few years, so things might have changed, but last time I was there, there was one or two banks of lockers (i think they were all the way at the end) that did not require a wristband and could be paid in cash. I always used those lockers so that our group could simply share the pin\colour combination... is this still the case?

On 18/11/2016 at 11:54 AM, pushbutton said:

Apart from the burning paths, my only real complaint with Wet&Wild is the $10 charge for the lockers.

I don't even know why i'm bothering to reply to this, but seriously Push - you get unlimited entry to three parks for ~$100 a year. You want the parks to build more attractions you like, but at $33 a year per park (less now that PC is included too) how much do you think they profit from the free admission? Your self-entitled pompous bullshit is disturbing.

Each park used to cost more than $100 a year for annual membership. IIRC when I first came to Brisbane they were about $299 each. Why do you think your cut-price, anyone can (and probably does) membership entitles you to free use?

Not everyone needs a locker. Some people visit the parks with a non-riding friend who can mind your stuff. If it's that bad, go into the park with a pair of shorts that has a velcro pocket, a dry-pouch for your membership card (that goes into the pocket) and a towel and thongs. leave the thongs and towel near the entrance to the ride you're going on (few people would steal someone's thongs or towel) and then you solve both the locker problem, and the burning path problem.

I suppose next you'll expect VIP seating at shows, and a free lunch.

15 hours ago, pushbutton said:

I don't know if you meant that as a joke, or if you meant that you had to walk 5 miles in the snow when you were at school.

Either way, the answer is actually yes (almost). I went to school in Northern England, and occasionally in the winter it was snowing, however the distance from my house to my school was about 2 miles, not 5.

I has having a joke with you.   Not much snow in QLD.  

On 11/21/2016 at 7:42 AM, AlexB said:

I haven't been in a few years, so things might have changed, but last time I was there, there was one or two banks of lockers (i think they were all the way at the end) that did not require a wristband and could be paid in cash. I always used those lockers so that our group could simply share the pin\colour combination... is this still the case?

Those lockers are now wristband, went to WNW for the first time in years the other day and went to use them and they are like rest.

As someone who previously paid $299 for 12 months to three parks (MyFun Mega Pass) I wouldnt mind paying more for a short term or long term locker pass attached to my membership card. Would go with my Fast Photo, Hunger Buster & Thirst Quencher nicely ;).

I have this theory related to people's expectations and thought I'd test it out on theme parks. Due to their nature, it's more complicated to apply to theme parks than TV shows etc. but I've made this 3 question survey that should make it easier. I decided to try it out on Wet 'n' Wild Gold Coast first as it's the easiest theme park to try it on. When there is enough survey results, I'll post a graph. It'd be great if you all can fill it out.

Not really important, but for someone who's done a lot of this stuff over the past few months, the usability and UI of that survey is quite awful. Very hard to keep track of what number is which as well as which slide is which since it's ordered by year and repeats of the same slide are hard to keep track of.

I dunno how late to the party I am here (didn't read timestamps), but I think you guys have covered most of my complaints.

The paths are too hot, not enough shade, lockers are too expensive, sick of having to carry rafts.

In terms of attractions, I'm glad the Racer is being replaced. That should have happened a while ago. Some of the ProSlide suggestions so far (Flying Saucer, Tantrum) would work really well.

The next slide(s) to need an upgrade would be River Rapids. Aside from the queues, which are beyond ridiculous, the slides just generally look worn and a bit run down (or they did last time I was there). Great slides for the family, but they need a paint job and a more convenient queuing system.