Lets Talk Wet And Wild Gold Coast

Prequel

Lets talk about what Water Slides or anything that needs or what you want. 

I think Wet And Wild should get more shade. When i want there in the December of 2015 for a school trip, we were hopping and running everywhere to not hurt the feet. The ground was really hot and just was pleasant. Also i think it needs something like The RIP at White Water World. Also a Water Slide Coaster. Also like the one White Water World.

That's what i think Wet And Wild needs. Comment what you think Wet And Wild.

I'd also love another ride like Constrictor, maybe one that duels. It would shorten the lines a lot and add a cool aspect to the rides. Constrictor is a very very popular ride, probably one that has the longest lines when I'm there. Mammoth falls would have a way longer line if it weren't for the fact that there are two of them. Same with the sidewinders.

It would add a new experience to the park while also shortening lines and adding more to the origianl ride. Something like this would be amazing.

tt.png

Personally I just think they need to focus on some maintenance, the lazy river requires new inflatables, and the paths are due for a total revamp, they have now worn to a point they are porous and actually hurt to walk on for extended periods. I don't think a synthetic would work long term (ie. polyflex), so some basic stamped concrete would be just fine... Something like this: http://static.wixstatic.com/media/e9b480_a4bf7d871abd4fe1d25d884d4e595bcd.jpg_1024

7 hours ago, Theme Park Girl said:

More conveyor belts

Definitely needed, this is actually the reason why I would rather go to WhiteWater World. 

Okay I know I'm dreaming nor would I know where they would put but a ProSlide RocketBLAST/ FlyingSAUCER. It looks pretty awesome and is unique no other Park in Australia has one. 

images (4).jpg

unnamed.jpg

Edited by TomiJ
Added photos

On 11/13/2016 at 11:00 PM, TomiJ said:

Definitely needed, this is actually the reason why I would rather go to WhiteWater World.

Main reason why I go to WhiteWater World up here and venture to Sydney for Wet'n'Wild. Would like to see a ProSlide Tantrum here (proper one, not the waste of time, space and money that was Triple Vortex at WhiteWater World). One of those FlyingSAUCER would be great and get some of my interest back in the Gold Coast park.

I think the park's due to get a new slide and some general improvements. It's definitely sat largely in autopilot as a money-printing machine for many years and is due for some love. They're obviously on the right track with the redo of the Super-8, but to see the F&B offering get expanded and to have the same kind of seasonal shows & experiences that its Sydney counterpart has would definitely get the locals out more, especially during the summer.

I think that a few things Wet n Wild need, are thus:

1. A new design of pathway, when I was walking towards Aqualoop, my feet were so hot, and there was no where to cool your feet off, and they were literally burning. I believe that a away to stop this, is by building some little pools here and there, as when paths go around there, if you dont have shoes, you can easily walk in the pool.

2. They don't massively need a new waterslide, but I believe they will be due, and there are a few styles of slides they are missing. For example, they are missing a ride such as the rip, and while it may seem similar, they could also incorporate a wave turn like the one below.

1215-88_Bombora_IMG_0358.JPG

This is Bombora at Wet n Wile Sydeny. The Sydeny wate park, has a lot more mordern slides than the Gold Coast one, and Wet n Wild defiently needs something like this. But it may just look like a bigger Kamikaze, so that is why you incorporate a BehemothBOWL, such as the rip, but more like this at one of Six Flags water parks.

Screen Shot 2016-11-16 at 6.57.37 am.png

I could see Wet n Wilds having a longer trip, before entering the bowl. This would keep the water slide original, not just in Australia but also in the world. I believe the one at Six Flags is one of the only in the world. But this does look like a very expensive style of ride, and if VRTP were going to spend so much on their water park, it may be worth while spending on a tower of a few slides that are cheaper than the above. I'm thinking something like this.Screen Shot 2016-11-16 at 6.58.51 am.png

This has some smaller BehemothBOWLs in it and also a few normal slides like Constrictor, that I could see gaining a unique element.

Some have raised the point that Wet n Wild, need more body slides, and I don't believe they do. You've got the Aqualoop tower, the Jet Stream tower, and the river rapids, which is a fair few body slides. I'd like to see a unique big ride that has a high capacity such as the four-seaters, to chew up some of the lines which reach up to over an hour.

As to where the rides could go, I see some space where a volley ball court is near Kamikaze. I'm not quite sure what is in this space, other than a field and the court, and I'm also not sure what the volley ball court gains for Wet n Wild. If any one knows please share. I've always felt that the area was a little empty and could do with a ride. There is also a bit of a creek that seperates the Extreme H2O zone from the rest of the park, and I can see a ride that goes over the creek, which would be pretty cool, and it would make the seperation of the park more aesthetically pleasing. Ther is also space up the very back where a few tables are covered. I understand that these can be rented out, but there is a lot of space there that could be used. See the map below:

Screen Shot 2016-11-16 at 7.18.45 am.png

The red spot is the area over the creek.

The reen spot is where the volley ball courts are.

The yellow spot is where a few tables are.

These are just a few ideas as for what Wet n Wild could do to mordenize their park. If Wet nt Wild, were to spend big on new rides, I'd also like to see them introduce a system I saw in the trailer for the new Volcan Bay water park in Orlando. They give out bracelets at the door, and you use these to save your self a space in the qeue, and then when your time comes, you jut walk up and ride.

I spent some time at WNW this week having not visited in a few years, and my observations were (and I know I'll be repeating others);

- If you're there on your own there's a lot you're going to struggle to be able to do.  Quite restrictive.
- The river rapids body slides are badly needed (seriously, what's with going to a water park and spending all of your time out of the water?), but some of those section joins need some work.
- Hauling rafts to the top of most of these slides, frankly, sucks.
- It felt like quite a few bits of the park appeared to be SBNO - the skycoaster, flow rider, what I assume are ziplines, all of Mammoth Falls - pretty visible stuff.  I'm sure there's really good reasons - but I'm just telling it like it looks.
- The tubes at Calypso need some love.  Many are under-inflated, or just in very poor visual condition.
- The Whirlpool Springs thing needs to be torn up - it looks bloody awful.  All of the grout and tiles are badly discoloured, the surface around the spas is badly chipped and missing in many places which leads me to believe it's not been run in the non-spa configuration in some time, and entrance and exit to it is a pain in the arse, and there is no shade.  Depressing stuff.
- If you assume you're a single rider and you're at the Aqualoop you will need to walk across very hot and rough brick path to Mach 5, or to the Surfrider, or to Calypso in order to find something you can participate in.  It was bloody awful.
- The surfrider is a good ride for what it is, but badly misses the water effects.  It also seems particularly temperamental.
- There's bugger-all choice of lunch options at this park.
- The Tornado looks pretty filthy, although I'm sure it's just weathering.
- The kids area was okay, and I thought the miniature slides were a nice touch, until I realised that parents can't take their kids on any of the body slides, and the raft slides have a not-inconsiderable height requirement to them.  The water play structure is almost identical (with slightly less options added) to the one at Paradise Resort in Surfers.
- The wrist-band system for lockers is a pain in the arse if you're sharing a locker with anyone, for example your spouse.

Maybe I've outgrown WNW in my later years?  All I know is I don't remember ever being as dry at a water park as I was on this visit.  There didn't feel like there was a lot for me to do for the day, and by midday I was too sore in the feet to want to walk around any more.

On 16/11/2016 at 8:25 AM, Intimidator305. said:

As to where the rides could go, I see some space where a volley ball court is near Kamikaze. I'm not quite sure what is in this space, other than a field and the court, and I'm also not sure what the volley ball court gains for Wet n Wild. If any one knows please share.

I believe the beach volleyball court is there for hiring out by groups. It adds a revenue stream for the park.

50 minutes ago, webslave said:

- It felt like quite a few bits of the park appeared to be SBNO - the skycoaster, flow rider, what I assume are ziplines, all of Mammoth Falls - pretty visible stuff.  I'm sure there's really good reasons - but I'm just telling it like it looks.

Mammoth Falls is under scheduled maintenance. SkyCoaster & FlowRider were suddenly put under 'scheduled' maintenance recently (with no future opening date yet either) while ZipLines is probably SBNO like you said.

7 hours ago, webslave said:

Maybe I've outgrown WNW in my later years?  All I know is I don't remember ever being as dry at a water park as I was on this visit.  There didn't feel like there was a lot for me to do for the day, and by midday I was too sore in the feet to want to walk around any more.

Unless you are with a group it isn't exactly the best day out. They seem to be focusing on getting Sydney in good standing order with the locals and hope they turn their attention to the Gold Coast park once that is done.

Agree on the lockers. Absolutely hate the system the Gold Coast park has, having large hands doesn't help either. If anyone is reading this who is able to do anything about it, for the love of god please bring the Sydney locker system to the Queensland park, if posisble go a step further and bring the queuing system too.

9 hours ago, Jamberoo Fan said:

I believe the beach volleyball court is there for hiring out by groups. It adds a revenue stream for the park.

Mammoth Falls is under scheduled maintenance. SkyCoaster & FlowRider were suddenly put under 'scheduled' maintenance recently (with no future opening date yet either) while ZipLines is probably SBNO like you said.

Quite right.  I had checked those out subsequently and completely understand.  I guess I was moreso pointing out that the stuff not running was all very visible/front of park - Aqua Racers included.

Edited by webslave

So, other than experience of the hot ground at the park, just looking at the park map it's clear some of the problems the park has. I looked through some maps of some other water parks and the problems are pretty big. It's clear that Wet n Wild has been considering this earlier but there definitely needs to be a  big improvement at some parts of the park.

Screen Shot 2016-11-18 at 9.51.08 am.png

This is the portion of Wet n Wild (yes its an out of date map, but other than a few slides nothing has changed) that I thinks shows us the most about the park planning. If you look at the wave pool and the kids area you can see some form of green material. I believe this to have been artificial grass, but if I'm wrong please let me know. What this shows us most is the areas that aren't working. The worst area is the bottom part that is all concrete, the area near Aqua Racer and river rapids. I believe this area to have been where some restaurants are located, but its also very open where a lot of concrete has been used. This are is very hot when walking around. And its very understandably so, there is little to no water in the area. If you look at any other water park maps, just about all paths wind around pools.

eb89d8f633ab80aa3ad86523e026cacb.jpg

This is the water park area of a Legoland park. It clearly revolves around the pools and slides in the complex. Its a very family oriented area but it still applies to larger water parks. All paths rap around and between slides. This is great planning as people who  aren't wearing shoes are able to walk through the pools and they in turn splash water around landing on the paths and cooling them down. This makes it easier to walk around, uses up less space as it forces paths to wrap around pools instead of being very spread out.

NOAH_2015_04_06_WebMap_2500x1510_0.jpg

Another example of the water park planning. This time the park is more spread out with bigger slides. The slides and pools end up being very long and thin and always wrap around the paths. This is a prime example of the technique. It is also aesthetically pleasing as the public always see water, pools and slides. And most of the time Wet n Wild does similar things, sometimes replacing the pools with grass patches. The only area that they don't, is surprisingly the part crowded with the most slides. All of the slides aim inwards leaving a big open patch full of hot concrete that heats up in the sun. Now I see a few ways to fix this. Most cost a fair bit of money but would open a lot more space up for the park. 1 way is replacing the restaurant ( I believe it looks like a main building.) with a pool, then having a ride like Triple Vortex that is very elevated and ends up splashing into the pool there. This would keep the area arounds paths cool as well. But this would kind of ruin the areas line of sight. When you alk in it is a beatiful sight... Multiple slides coming from every where framed very nicely. And adding a ride where I said would kind of ruin it. Another area is where the toilets are, you could have a slide come down into there, and then continue further along the kids area coming to a stop some where further along. It keeps the line of sight, splashes onto the path and keeps it cool. This could also, include a Proslides custom tower. Now, to give the best sides of the arguments for new slides, you could include a unique set of dueling body slides on the same slide tower as a new big ride as I talked about in the previous big post.

Screen Shot 2016-10-25 at 2.44.38 pm.png