Movie World Green Lantern dramas

mba2012

I think it is an e-stop at the top of the lift hill like 7 News Queensland's tweet shows above. And according to MW's statements, it should be operational again soon. All the guests are off the rollercoaster too. This quote shows how sensationalised the media are for such an event like an e-stop:

It is understood emergency services were not called to the theme park.

9 News now reporting it is a 'computer fault':

A computer fault was to blame for a popular rollercoaster at Movie World on the Gold Coast becoming stuck, the theme park has said.

The "brief stoppage" lasted approximately half an hour, a spokesman said.

"The ride's safety systems were engaged following a computer fault," the spokesman said in a statement.

"These safety systems are designed to bring the ride to a safe stop in a dedicated evacuation zone."

One cart was evacuated on to a lower stoppage zone while people in the higher cart exited via a lift zone "as normal" before the fault was cleared.

"The safety and wellbeing of all of our guests is our top priority," the spokesman said.

"We anticipate the ride will reopen later today."

Edited by Jamberoo Fan
Added 9 News article quotes

Yeah was pretty much a non event. Ride safety systems worked as designed as @djrappa has said.

We had just gotten off the ride a were walking under the lift hill when it stopped. No alarms or anything. The car on the track continued through it's run but the other was stuck at the top.

They gave the people on the car at the station water and umbrellas.

We went to go to Justice League but it was suffering technical difficulties so we called it a day.

By the time we headed to the car park they had given umbrellas to the car at the top and then the maintenance guy took them away and made his way back down.

CH7 arrived just in time to get some footage before the car was released and performed flawlessly. They ran an empty car straight after it without issue.

Photos below.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

here's a picture from my camera that I took of the breakdown today.. IMG_2415.jpg

if you think the articles that have been posted have been bad then you haven't seen anything yet.. http://www.newshub.co.nz/world/six-rescued-from-movie-world-rollercoaster-2016112017?ref=NewshubFB

Edited by Theme Park Ninja

38 minutes ago, Theme Park Ninja said:

if you think the articles that have been posted have been bad then you haven't seen anything yet.. http://www.newshub.co.nz/world/six-rescued-from-movie-world-rollercoaster-2016112017?ref=NewshubFB

Hahahahabahbababha alrighty that article was bad.  Made me laugh though. 

I managed to ride it 20 mins before it broke down today, I was in the villains area when I saw the helicopters flying the area suggesting something was up and sure enough just as I was heading to Arkham there was a carriage at the top.. I'm really glad I'm not the only who hates the media

Edited by Theme Park Ninja

2 hours ago, Theme Park Ninja said:

First class reporting there.

Must have been those new invisible cherry pickers because I never saw them.

13 hours ago, Gold Coast Amusement Force said:

Did you hear them call the chain hill a conveyor belt

Linking to TRRR to make the public feel insecure is the media's favourite thing to do.

Next time I see a car broken down on the side of the road I'll make sure to ring up a news station because that's probably more serious than a coaster E-stopping.

16 hours ago, bladex said:

must have been a slow news day for chan 7 <_<

Yep, looking at this is definitely was