Dreamworld reopening - the summer season

wipeout94

Out of all the fantastic rides at DW like ToT, Giant Drop and Claw, they decided to open the one that isn't so fantastic : (

Well, better than only Pandamonium open I guess (or maybe it's not for some of you!)

Honestly I'm quite surprised this is open so early - if they're opening them up after safety checks I would think that they'd do all the flat rides first since the safety checks are probably less complicated - and even out of all the coasters, MDMC's restraint system probably more involved than ToT's or HWSW's.

I can kinda see what they're doing now that I've thought about it - they're opening the tame rides first (Pandamonium has soft style, Motocoaster is probably the tamest thrill ride apart from Tail Spin) - not only for what @red dragin said about opening the "non-dangerous" rides first, but also because those are the rides that cater to families who already have a few rides that cater to them open - having one or two super-high thrill rides open probably won't attract too many people. I might be completely wrong, but I'm guessing that Tail Spin and Shockwave will be the next two rides to open (although Tail Spin was looking very dead today - at least the little turbine things on Shockwave's queue were spinning).

44 minutes ago, Tim Dasco said:

I am surprised they opened Pandamonium first. I would have thought MDMC and Shockwave would have been first then Tail Spin. Since Shockwave is a family coaster and lets face it MDMC is not far of.

Shockwave isn't a coaster. Its a type of Flat ride.

Why don't you guys like MDMC, i think its a enjoyable ride.

2 hours ago, Prequel said:

Shockwave isn't a coaster. Its a type of Flat ride.

Why don't you guys like MDMC, i think its a enjoyable ride.

Sorry I meant to say that MDMC was a Family coaster not Shockwave. However some theme parks "Cedar Point" count rides like these as roller coasters. But save that debate for another time.

I see the park is making baby steps towards opening the thrill rides, for the reasons that the bigger rides might be more dangerous. Despite this, DW is making great progress in this final phase of reopening the park, and hopefully they will have all the thrill rides ready for the high visitor intake after New Years.

On 12/18/2016 at 9:23 PM, themagician said:

I imagine that TailSpin would be the next to open, followed by the remaining Ocean Parade rides, and then GD/TOT would be next and BuzzSaw last.

I'm thinking TOT or GD will open last, if Ardent are considering reopening the rides based on size. Buzzsaw opening last is logical however, considering its close proximity to TRRR.

• Richard changed the title to Dreamworld reopening - the summer season
  • Gazza locked this topic