Dreamworld reopening - the summer season

wipeout94

7 hours ago, totta3 said:

Not sure if already mentioned but all rides surrounding gold rush country are closed at the moment due to respect wich includes TOT2, GD, Rocky hollow and BZ. It is confirmed that Rocky hollow Log Ride WILL re open to the public.

I hope that helps

Merry Christmas @totta3 , it's just so lovely to see you and your other pals @POP and @SunshineTom sharing the love and cheer this time of year!!

I sincerely hope that 2017 brings you much Love and Happiness to you and all your own in 2017..

Bless..

13 minutes ago, joz said:

Wait so you think what happened is they did the incident investigation for thunder rapids, finished up and then said 'well we've got to inspect more rides, what's close?'  

that's exactly what they did remember in an old post they made them change BZ 1st. so laugh all you want BZ was the very 1st ride to get the new changes.

Really good to see Dreamworld reopening all the thrills and other rides the more rides they have open the more it will attract people as there's more stuff to do. When the park reopened they didn't have much to offer for anyone but kids and if you live quite a fair distance from the park like me its not really worth going not that I don't wish to show my support to the park or anything but now that thrills are reopening I'm more inclined to go and that's how most people would think who don't have kids or anything.

From The Courier-Mail:

Dreamworld will launch a major ad campaign on Boxing Day in a bid to lure holiday crowds back to Australia’s biggest theme mark

8 hours ago, bladex said:

that's exactly what they did remember in an old post they made them change BZ 1st. so laugh all you want BZ was the very 1st ride to get the new changes.

When did they make DW 'change' Buzzsaw 1st? And what 'new changes'? I only remember Buzzsaw getting the only 3 prohibition notices DW received from Workplace Health & Safety QLD inspectors.

Edited by Jamberoo Fan
Added quote from 'The Courier-Mail'

On 24/12/2016 at 10:29 PM, bladex said:

it's in one of the rapids incident threads. they put a new restraint in and a new gate in the operators booth and something else.

Rode Buzzsaw tonight. No new restraints, still the same seatbelt/waist harness as before. I believe the harness issue that was addressed during auditing was related to a harness used by staff to perform maintenance on the ride. 

On an unrelated note, was in attendance tonight for the Fire Machine pyrotechnics/laser/fireworks show. Was very cool, and very loud! Photos and videos do it no justice. Definitely has to be witnessed in person. My family loved it (especially our 7 year old son) and we will be going back another night to see it again ☺️?

I was a bit of a fan too.  I won't go into details but I'll just say there's lots of stuff in the show, and in many ways that's all it is, stuff!  It's like 'here's a kind of stuff, you enjoying this this stuff?  BAM! new kind of stuff!'  As it happens it's entertaining stuff and I'll probably check it out again a few more times before the run ends, where as last years show I was pretty much done after seeing it once.  Everyone should go watch and make sure you buy plenty of food and drink.

The only bad thing I would say is that noise that's in the show needs to not be in the show.

I also saw the Fire Machine tonight and thought it was great. Not amazing, but a solid addition and I'm sure everyone who saw it enjoyed it and was impressed. I agree about that obnoxious loud noise - that needs to go.

It was real disappointing seeing how quiet the park was this afternoon/tonight. I just hope it picks up in the coming days!

• Richard changed the title to Dreamworld reopening - the summer season
  • Gazza locked this topic