Dreamworld reopening - the summer season

wipeout94

Good to see DW really busy today, definitely the busiest I've seen since re-opening. 

Watched the new tiger island presentation/show today. Think the comedic element was pretty lame and completely unnecessary but I'm probably being critical. 

Stage 2 currrently looks like this... (well it's not sideways but you get the point...)

IMG_3891.JPG

1 hour ago, Theme Park Girl said:

Oh yeah. I also took a couple the other day when I was there, but forgot to upload. Whoops. Thanks for the reminder, Brad ☺️

[snip]

20170226_183000.thumb.jpg.76792b4cd4fd5b6e086723a6057aab43.jpg

Looks like they might be planning to put a guest footpath through from TI to the Billabong station via behind the restaurant. 

Either that's a staff path, or a fence will be going in to separate the train and guests?

That path has been there since the park reopened (Im fairly sure) and currently proves access for maintence/staff on the Buggys they use. And from this image you can tell it won't be used for guests. But i imagine when the second stage is completed there will be a gate there and vegetation surrounding it.

IMG_6646.thumb.PNG.1fb217610507c66a822611c4ca2cae52.PNG

Hmm ok. I thought that the landscaping and addition of new trees and bark etc. happening on the left hand side might have been an indication that it might be being prepared to open to the public. I can't see them going to that much trouble for an off-limits staff/maintenance area of the park. That was what made me think otherwise lol.  

Then again, I suppose the trees could be  for the new Cub area and stationed there temporarily. I guess time will tell? 

Photos taken on Sunday (26/02/17)

Wipeout's water jets (I don't know what else to call them) have been removed.

These have been repainted: (Most likely done when the park was closed, just hasn't been noted until now)

DSCN6484.thumb.JPG.0df826aa4a66500e5b391dff1bc14f1a.JPG

They added a small portable fan at the base of the stair section of the ToT queue recently. (Sorry that it's blurry, my camera doesn't much like... actually I'm probably just bad with the camera)

DSCN6510.thumb.JPG.0a909641ed747adf5a8cbc12ef64e2d5.JPG

New markers have appeared; there is also another one off-frame to the right, closer to the ToT tunnel. Probably nothing major.

DSCN6491.thumb.JPG.1d55301ebdf87385aa5138f2a4e5489c.JPG

The only marking I could see, another had a lot of scribble on it, but nothing readable.

DSCN6489.thumb.JPG.b00882452a9e78c10493dc1c39e10f77.JPG

Dronkey Flyers should be reopening tomorrow, however, this was how it looked on Sunday, All of the carriages have been repainted and are on pallets off frame to the left.

DSCN6497.thumb.JPG.b28ca54e48d882ce9e6384b929f76a4c.JPG

It's been mentioned multiple times, but I have to say it again, I love this wall along the entry of Tower of Terror, but I wish they gave this ToT control room the same love.

DSCN6507.thumb.JPG.496d21e13b8719b2ec2c75aa74fe6f77.JPGDSCN6508.thumb.JPG.0f721a2021e7260290c4a980284fff4f.JPG

Edited by ThemeTendo

DREAMWORLD  FEBRUARY TRADING UPDATE

Ardent Leisure Group (ASX: AAD) today provides a trading update for the Theme Parks division to the market_ During the month  of February 2017,the Theme Parks division recorded unaudited revenues of $4.4 million, down 35.0% on revenues of $6.78 million recorded in the prior corresponding period.

This represents  an improving trend  against December 2016 and January 2017 which respectively  recorded reductions in revenues of 63.0% and 50.4% in the prior corresponding periods.

ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff.thumb.JPG.f89931b2742dc57d8bbf7359e73543ef.JPG

As the park continues its return to normal trading it will be supported by the launch of a new brand campaign featuring the song "Pure Imagination" performed by Guy Sebastian and supported by the Yugambeh Youth Choir.

Trading updates  for  the  Theme  Parks division  will  continue to  be released  until  the  end  of  the  current financial year.

• 4 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, Twilight Zone said:

Hi there I couldn't really find a good topic to put this in but I'm not sure if this is a hint or not but it seems they might be installing a new ride or it could be just a job needed in general.

You can see the application on positions available if you feel so.

project=Sharknado=DW=KH.JPG

Hey there,  feel free to start a new topic if it doesn't relate to an existing one.

This reminds me, the summer season is over, and so is the last of these general purpose megathreads.

• Gazza locked this topic