Dreamworld reopening - the summer season

wipeout94

7 minutes ago, Luke said:

In this instance, acronym for 'background' ?

This is what I was thinking

21 minutes ago, bladex said:

not a bad turnout once thrill rides are re-open more people will come. dw is going to ok.

I agree, if this is the turnout with most of the major rides closed, I think DW will be a lot better off than we thought once the thrill rides are back and running.

Of course the turnout wasnt flat out terrible (even though it was pretty close to terrible), people still have their passes they can use lol. I guess we will see in a year's time when the passes run out whether or not it's going to have a future. They'd want to have a massive ride announcement by that time or it'll be game over.

3 minutes ago, Santa07 said:

POP, you do realise an alt is not helping you at all and you're probably better off just giving up? Pretty obvious that it's you now.

Unless you have proof i am an another account, it's about time everyone shuts the hell up about it. You're just trying to discredit me because i dare tell the truth and gravity of the situation Dreamworld is in. Everyone else here seems happy to carry on with the illusion that all is fine and dandy. 

Whether or not you are POP, maybe this isn't the right place for you to be. Parkz is meant to be a positive place to talk about theme parks, not disrespect them like you are. If you are so anti-Dreamworld go join the angry people from the GP who would agree with you and stop wasting our time by reading about every problem you have with the Dreamworld incident.

8 minutes ago, Santa07 said:

Whether or not you are POP, maybe this isn't the right place for you to be. Parkz is meant to be a positive place to talk about theme parks, not disrespect them like you are. If you are so anti-Dreamworld go join the angry people from the GP who would agree with you and stop wasting our time by reading about every problem you have with the Dreamworld incident.

Parkz is a place to discuss theme parks in general, i didn't realise this was a fan board and criticism wasn't allowed. Sorry, my mistake. 

14 hours ago, reanimated35 said:

If they did modify the layout of the train as per the map, then there would be an "old" section of line wouldn't there? 

Looking at the area on Google Earth, it is too sharp a new corner for a train to make unless it went under the GD queue, which according to the park map, doesn't. But I agree with what @Theme Park Girl said.

Correction @SunshineTom: ABC said a DW spokesperson said nearly 2000 people entered both DW & Whitewater World by 11:30am. The average daily attendance of both parks + SkyPoint is approximately 6000 people so today's attendance (as of 11:30am) of DW & Whitewater World is a third of an average day of all 3 businesses.

Looking at @westical's photo, I believe this is the amount of the car park taken up, which equates to approximately 370 cars on a rough estimate.

DreamworldCarPark.jpg

Edited by Jamberoo Fan

Have just got back from Dreamworld after a pleasant morning wandering around the park.

Such a different environment without the sound of coasters or Tower running in the background... more like Currumbin.

The thing that made a huge impression on us was the incredibly welcoming attitude of everyone working today... genuinely pleased to be open again... the staff were great.

I think opening the park this morning without the rides was actually a good idea. The park had the right balance of laughter, solemnity and fun needed to avoid any more bad press and in this, Craig Davidson, Deborah Thomas and the team made a good call (we were able to tell them this as they spent most of the day around the fountain and they were more than pleased to chat with everyone).

Dreamworld will recover... the crowds will come back and people will move on.

Remember everyone, you can click the link  below and add whichever Tom, Dick or Harry you want to it:

http://www.parkz.com.au/forums/ignore/

As it stands, there are no active members with the names Dick and Harry.

Back on topic, thanks for the report @axltk421. I know the staff have all had training on responding to a wide range of guests comments and interaction, but it's good to hear they're so enthused and professional.

• Richard changed the title to Dreamworld reopening - the summer season
  • Gazza locked this topic