Dreamworld reopening - the summer season

wipeout94

1 minute ago, Brad2912 said:

Not sure where you live, but most of the residents of the northern GC are families. Families consist of 1 or 2 of these things called parents, and quite often these parents go to work so there kids get things like Xmas presents and annual theme park passes. Most parents don't have the luxury of having 6 weeks of annual leave when school finishes, so with today being Monday, they are at Work.. the kids are at daycare, grandmas, the neighbours, or fending for themselves at home. 

Interesting to see excuse after excuse for the poor attendance but the fact is the attendance was poor despite being on a) a weekend and b ) school holidays. Yes, the thrill rides are closed, but there are deeper reasons for the poor attendance, especially since young families ALONE should've filled the park. 

9 minutes ago, SunshineTom said:

Interesting to see excuse after excuse for the poor attendance but the fact is the attendance was poor despite being on a) a weekend and b ) school holidays. Yes, the thrill rides are closed, but there are deeper reasons for the poor attendance, especially since young families ALONE should've filled the park. 

So we are a family with a young child...  We fall into the group that you say should have filled the park alone...  We wanted to go but with my son's kindy christmas party and my wife's work christmas party on Saturday and my wife's family visiting from Cairns and me working on Sunday we couldn't make it...  No other reason...  Your reasoning is flawed in relation to our situation...  Probably is to a lot of others as well...  Care to try again?

Edited by MaxxTheMonster

31 minutes ago, MaxxTheMonster said:

So we are a family with a young child...  We fall into the group that you say should have filled the park alone...  We wanted to go but with my son's kindy christmas party and my wife's work christmas party on Saturday and my wife's family visiting from Cairns and me working on Sunday we couldn't make it...  No other reason...  Your reasoning is flawed in relation to our situation...  Probably is to a lot of others as well...  Care to try again?

Comical. You're assuming your personal situation applies to millions of other families in SE QLD, lol. 

1 hour ago, SunshineTom said:

Mate you are a friken moron. 

This is not a personal attack so doesn't violate guidelines, it's just a statement of a scientific fact. 

On 10/12/2016 at 11:13 PM, joz said:

It's been turned off for a little while now, I'm not 100% but I believe there was an issue with either the pump or the structure itself or both.  @Slick probably knows.

It's like you think i'm some sort of theme park nerd or something...

...Yeah I heard it was a pump issue.

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, I was out at the park over the weekend. It was a really heartwarming vibe to be back at Dreamworld - a lot of legitimately genuine smiles on the faces of both staff and guests which was great to photograph. Here's a few early shots, more to come i'm sure.

Some interesting quotes from news.com.au:

The park’s capacity sits at 10,000 visitors per day. 

But Dreamworld is believed to be pleased with the outcome of the number of visitors, considering the park made a decision not to advertise its reopening.

It is believed some of the thrill rides will be opened progressively, some before Christmas.

11 hours ago, YLFATEEKS said:

and total guest numbers for the 2 days.  6289.

Does anyone know if that attendance figure is for DW-only or DW & Whitewater World?

12 minutes ago, bammrwolfe said:

Hey Everyone,

I'm at Dreamworld right now. Pit & Sherry are testing some of the rides just in case anyone is interested. 

I'm not sure why the photos got rotated so sorry. Have a good day! 

IMG_0665.JPG

IMG_0674.JPG

What's the crowd like??? Quiet, really quiet, average, busy??? Can you take some pics of the main plaza? Thanks. 

1 hour ago, SunshineTom said:

What's the crowd like??? Quiet, really quiet, average, busy??? Can you take some pics of the main plaza? Thanks. 

I took this in the car park, it was at around 11:50. there are a number of empty spaces at the back, but it was fairly average for this time of year, some parts of the park were quiet including Gold Rush but Ocean Parade, Corroboree and Dreamworks Experience are busy with families. 

IMG_0675.JPG

1 hour ago, bammrwolfe said:

I took this in the car park, it was at around 11:50. there are a number of empty spaces at the back, but it was fairly average for this time of year, some parts of the park were quiet including Gold Rush but Ocean Parade, Corroboree and Dreamworks Experience are busy with families. 

IMG_0675.JPG

Thanks for that. Yikes!

• Richard changed the title to Dreamworld reopening - the summer season
  • Gazza locked this topic