Dreamworld reopening - the summer season

wipeout94

6 hours ago, Grad3s said:

I think you will find that Buzzsaw will open next. It is being tested everyday at the moment. Claw and Wipeout won't be too far behind.

Passing it last night they had scaff all up one side (my guess to address the harness anchor points found in the audit). Looking at a week before welding/signoff/scaff removal is done... They'll open others first.

Giant Drop and Buzzsaw IMO will open last, GD because TRRR can be seen with a good eye from the top, and Buzzsaw because it is within close proximity to TRRR. Ardent have started opening the thrill rides furthest away from TRRR (ie Ocean Parade) and should progressively reopen the other rides closer to TRRR. At the moment DW is looking to stay away from the Gold Rush section as much as possible. 

2 minutes ago, themagician said:

They were there when I visited last week, strange. 

Either its part of the safety audit or maybe Dreamworld is taking advantage of the down time and repainting them? They did have some issues previously with the logos peeling off so might have something to do with that but I have no idea, very strange. 

Interesting to see the claw has reopened yet the shockwave is still closed. I believe that ocean parade will be opening up within the week. So either tail spin or wipeout will be next. Followed by HWSW or shockwave.

interesting to note DW's website yesterday said 28 rides open but today says 27 despite the claw being added to the list. I think attendance will increase over the next week as more thrill rides come online. We now have 3 of 9.

9 hours ago, XxMrYoshixX said:

Ardent have started opening the thrill rides furthest away from TRRR (ie Ocean Parade) and should progressively reopen the other rides closer to TRRR. At the moment DW is looking to stay away from the Gold Rush section as much as possible. 

They are not re-opening the thrill rides based on distance from Thunder River Rapids otherwise Mick Doohan's Motocoaster wouldn't have been the 2nd thrill ride to have re-opened. They also wouldn't have re-opened a small portion of Town Of Gold Rush if they were completely avoiding that area.

Edited by Jamberoo Fan

14 hours ago, XxMrYoshixX said:

Giant Drop and Buzzsaw IMO will open last, GD because TRRR can be seen with a good eye from the top, and Buzzsaw because it is within close proximity to TRRR. Ardent have started opening the thrill rides furthest away from TRRR (ie Ocean Parade) and should progressively reopen the other rides closer to TRRR. At the moment DW is looking to stay away from the Gold Rush section as much as possible. 

Nope, nah, no.

Hope that clears things up.

12 minutes ago, totta3 said:

Not sure if already mentioned but all rides surrounding gold rush country are closed at the moment due to respect wich includes TOT2, GD, Rocky hollow and BZ. It is confirmed that Rocky hollow Log Ride WILL re open to the public.

I hope that helps

Just not true. Sorry. 

• Richard changed the title to Dreamworld reopening - the summer season
  • Gazza locked this topic