Dreamworld reopening - the summer season

wipeout94

1 hour ago, Theme Park Girl said:

Kudos to @Slick and Ourworlds for this amazing article. Telling it actually like it is, without the fake media spin... 

http://ourworlds.co/no-dreamworlds-not-really-ghost-town/

It's sad we don't have people like @Slick writing articles like these for the big media companies. It tells the last week from the perspective of an actual visitor to the park and delivering 100% fact with no urge to get clickbait, without the Murdoch press twisting it to be an otherwise fake article dependent on clickbait. 

I don't read OurWorlds much, but this time I read the article and it tells much more facts than a comparable Murdoch/Packer/Fairfax article. Well done @Slick.

Edited by XxMrYoshixX

19 minutes ago, Aw hype said:

Clearly the thought of being 'ruined' (??) is less important that the time investment to click on the back arrow... 

14 hours ago, SunshineTom said:

Actually DWs expenses are only likely to increase. Know anything about insurance?

Yeah, insurance costs. But 5 of the 9 thrill rides plus a few family rides haven't operated at all - operating costs and staffing costs would be right down at the moment, and that's just one example of how things have changed.

There are countless factors you haven't taken into account, and you cannot say for certain that Dreamworld's costs or profits hadn't already drastically changed before the accident. Stop pretending to be a financial expert just because you know how to divide by 3.

You're just being overwhelmingly negative, and you have been this whole time. Honestly, it's almost as if you WANT Dreamworld to shut down, because it's all you talk about.

6 hours ago, SunshineTom said:

There's a difference between theme park enthusiasts and blind denialists. I've presented nothing but facts and I have been right as per the real news article today. If anyone's trolling it's those trolling me.

What is this? We're not a political forum, we're here because we love theme parks. You're the one constantly moping around about how Dreamworld will never reopen. Seriously, I don't think there's one moment in this thread you've said "Gee, I'm glad BuzzSaw reopened" or anything positive at all. Grow up.

9 hours ago, SunshineTom said:

There's a difference between theme park enthusiasts and blind denialists. I've presented nothing but facts and I have been right as per the real news article today. If anyone's trolling it's those trolling me.

You're the one getting your 'facts' from the media. You must be a journalist yourself to believe everything they say... do you believe everything those stupid weight-loss ads you see over the internet say too?

Slick has been to the park, he's seen the crowds, he's seen the carkpark. He's got bloody photos of the crowds. How much more factual can you actually get? I'm going to make the bet that you pulled most of those numbers you gave us right out of your ass.

5 minutes ago, MickeyD said:

I have some friends visiting so 7 of us going to DW and WWW again today - with the crazy crowds at MW and WnW it was the obvious choice.

I'll report back briefly on my visit late tonight after Fire Machine?

Please do! I'll be there next week...

How bad are the crowds at WBMW? I intend on doing both next week, but I hope the crowds won't be TOO ridiculous? Any quieter days during the week?

12 hours ago, SunshineTom said:

I have a philosophy about articulated discourse with people who don't wish to have a healthy conversation that I learnt from an ex-girlfriend, and that is to simply walk away and not waste my time, because i've learnt that for folks who lack the ability to cognitively reason with facts think that a good rebuttal is just someone back-peddling, which in turn re-inforces their own dribble. In your case however @SunshineTom, I will make an exception to walking away from said dribble.

In another thread, I spent a great deal of my time absolutely destroying your opinion regarding Tiger Island with tiger conservation facts supported by dozens of independently peer researched studies, and I gave you all the links and access you would need to be enlightened that clearly showed your opinion was at best, complete rubbish. Instead, you chose to ignore what I wrote (which was written specifically for you, just FYI) and peddled some other crap with another Parkz member. 

Now, again, i've done the same thing in the article I wrote over at OurWorlds. I literally have photos that I took with my own two hands that debunk the sensationalist, sky is falling spam that you and Murdoch seem to get their rocks off on. Multiple people here and even people on the NewsCorp portals have made comments that the journo in question was wrong. In fact, dozens of people, both from the park and abroad have reached out to me over night and continued to support what I wrote and corroborate further recollections and encounters of the park doing well in its current state.

So having said all this, and keeping in mind my exception, I say to you, @SunshineTom, eat a bag of dicks. 

I'm not one to almost ever get emotional or fired up on these forums (atleast not in the past few years) but you my fellow enthusiast are an ignoramus of the highest calibre, the kind who I wrote about, actually. The kind who throws facts and figures in the wind and thinks that Trump will be a great president because "he thinks with his feelings and emotions."

I don't speak on the behalf of anyone but myself, but the vibe I continue to get is that you are not welcome here because your biggest contribution to date is senseless negativity. I always welcome critical opinions and thinking, and no one is saying that is not welcome here. In fact, just recently I wrote about the Ekka ride that is now Scooby Doo in another thread in an openly critical way, which didn't seem to land too well with the folks at Movie World. And that sucks, because I didn't bang my drum like you did and shout "MOVIE WOLD IZ DOOMD, THSI IS THE STAT EVRYN," actually, I formed an idea and explained why I reached that conclusion, what I'd do to change that situation etc. etc. and yet, my logical deduction is tossed out the window because everyday parks, outsiders and everyone in between continues to put people like yourself in the same camp as people like me (enthusiasts as a whole), and as a result, to be frank, your crap ruins it for everyone.

*drops mic*

Edited by Slick

18 minutes ago, Slick said:

and as a result, to be frank, your crap ruins it for everyone.

*drops mic*

You don't say. Part of the reason I don't participate on Parkz anywhere near as much as I used to is because I'm sick of the trolls, particularly the one in question. I don't understand why they *still* haven't been banned, despite their history of being a nuscience and how clearly they are bothering numerous members right now.

There is only so much tongue biting one person can do. Last time I failed to do so, I found my post deleted the following morning. 

I'm over it ?

Just got off Pandemonium after a 25 minute wait and as you can see from this picture of Tiger Island seating area, @SunshineTom you can clearly see DW is in trouble!!

So nice to see the Crowds back here in droves today and enjoying the Park. Atmosphere is great and as more rides reopen, it's only going to get better

20170104_115716.jpg

Edited by MickeyD

19 minutes ago, MickeyD said:

Just got off Pandemonium after a 25 minute wait and as you can see from this picture of Tiger Island seating area, @SunshineTom you can clearly see DW is in trouble!!

So nice to see the Crowds back here in droves today and enjoying the Park. Atmosphere is great and as more rides reopen, it's only going to get better

20170104_115716.jpg

Well clearly this is either photoshopped or we've just found what the DreamWorld staff who would normally be operating the closed part of the park are up to ;) 

Really - a negative vote?? Do people not recognize sarcasm any more??

Edited by elemist

that's really great to see Tiger Island is pulling in crowds I went on Monday and the 3:30 Tiger Presentation show was full of people in the grandstand.

I went on Saturday for the first time since it reopened and it felt wonderful to be back at a park that I love and enjoy, despite the lack of thrill rides in operation I still enjoyed being watching the tigers playing at Tiger Island and being scared the crap of inside the Kevil Hill maze :) 

Edited by Theme Park Ninja

• Richard changed the title to Dreamworld reopening - the summer season
  • Gazza locked this topic