Dreamworld reopening - the summer season

wipeout94

7 minutes ago, SunshineTom said:

Looks like I need to do a car park trip and get my own pics and analysis!

Honestly why does it even matter that much? Clearly you care way too much about how Dreamworld are doing. I'll give you a rundown just incase you missed it; They have support from people, they are missing support from others. this is expected because obviously there was a fatal accident at the park. The main thrill rides are not yet open, what difference does it make whether or not there are full crowds at the park? It doesn't affect you in the slightest, we are trying to support Dreamworld as they have given us happiness throughout the years. Of course with 4 out of 9 thrill rides open there will be a decline in customers. However, they are doing everything they can. 

You are entitled to do anything you like, whether that be analysis of the carpark of whatever you have to do. Just stop trying to diminish the support they have.

15 minutes ago, SunshineTom said:

New article: Inside Dreamworld's summer of sadness. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4086396/Dreamworld-s-summer-sadness-four-people-died-ride-tragedy-Gold-Coast-theme-park.html note this is a major publication and not owned by Murdoch.

You've replaced garbage with more garbage. Here's one link on how to evaluate credible journal articles. Oh, and here's another.

I'm done. Good luck in life with the blinkers on.

19 hours ago, Theme Park Girl said:

Kudos to @Slick and Ourworlds for this amazing article. Telling it actually like it is, without the fake media spin... 

http://ourworlds.co/no-dreamworlds-not-really-ghost-town/

18 hours ago, Tim Dasco said:

18 hours ago, SunshineTom said:

A lovely piece of propaganda. 

Thanks everyone by the way for the lovely words & support. :)

1 hour ago, SunshineTom said:

New article: Inside Dreamworld's summer of sadness. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4086396/Dreamworld-s-summer-sadness-four-people-died-ride-tragedy-Gold-Coast-theme-park.html note this is a major publication and not owned by Murdoch.

It's also the same publication that took a story from UQ Stalkerspace (which is essentially the uni's meme page for those who don't know of it - pretty much everything that gets posted there is someone trolling or just a stupid meme). Since then I lost any belief of what the Dail Mail says.

4 hours ago, red dragin said:

Heard an ad on the radio this morning for dreamworld. 

3 hours ago, themagician said:

Just got a flyer in the post from DW about extended trading, what's on this summer and the fire machine show.

Yea there have been a few ads on TV in Sydney about extended trading, what's on this summer and the fire machine show etc. 

You know what? I've had it with the delusional denialists who think they speak for the general public when it comes to attitude towards Dreamworld. You are theme park enthusiasts, a niche community and a very small one. Most people go to a theme park once a year at the most. You can bet that that once a year trip will be spent elsewhere in the near future judging by the comments on the Daily Mail article today. Notice the upvotes/downvotes ratio - quite stark to the ones dished out here.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4086396/Dreamworld-s-summer-sadness-four-people-died-ride-tragedy-Gold-Coast-theme-park.html#reader-comments

Once again, i'm not trolling, merely publishing the inconvenient truth on a board of people who don't wish to hear such stuff due to the bubbles they live in.

Edited by SunshineTom

50 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

Awesome, does that mean you'll leave now then. Please. 

Ha... just like when he was allegedly "leaving forever" as per his dramatic topic a couple of months ago. That forum exit door must be *really* hard to find, because somehow he ended right back where he bloody started lol ? 

Ok, so everyone keeps saying "don't feed the troll" "ignore him and he'll go away" "block him" etc. And yet here we are. Another day, another post, another bunch of replies from everyone getting angry. You realise that even by replying to correct him, you're feeding the troll and he's winning. 

He makes no secret of the fact that he's a troll and yet every day someone falls for it.

Capture.JPG

Clearly it's entertaining everyone and he's sure enjoying it, so I guess everyone's ok with it, admins/leaders included, so it is what it is. Maybe everyone could at least stop whining about the posts and just attack the posts rather than the poster. It's not even providing entertaining reading at the moment.

@Life, DW can build on everything in yellow - not everything surrounded by the fluro green line. They can also built on the dark green sections but it has to not affect the surrounding environment too much due to it being the home of Oakey Creek.

On 03/01/2017 at 2:27 PM, elemist said:

I do wonder at what point the park becomes unviable?

Simply when a trend begins where the amount of finances available does not meet required operating costs.

On 03/01/2017 at 4:03 PM, SunshineTom said:

I've done a projection that they are currently losing 3 million a month. Add that to the 10 million they lost in the 6 weeks they were closed and you have a theme park in serious trouble. Could be bust and closed within 18 months. 

They lost about $12 million give-or-take on average in the 45-day period of closure based on financial figures (which, remember, incorporate SkyPoint but I have roughly excluded) in the last annual report of Ardent Leisure. You got to remember that figure is in annual revenue not total profit. For all we know, they may have heaps of cash to rely on.

Also, 6289 people attended the re-opening weekend so that is probably 3145 people in 1 day. Say that continued every day since then and assume everyone brought a $55 1-day ticket. They have opened for 25 days so far (25 days x 3145 people x $55 = $4,324,375) - that is over $4 million in 1-day ticket revenue. Take away season pass holders from the attendance figure, take away the re-opening weekend donations from the final revenue figure, add food/beverage/merchandise/upcharge attraction sales etc., add the other ticketing options to the calculation, also take into account higher attendance due to peak season and you would get a more accurate figure. If they did receive only $4 million in revenue over 25 days, that would mean they are receiving $2,359,324 less in revenue on average. Again, remember that is revenue not total profit. If you made all the adjustments to the calculation above, for all we know, that may reduce that remaining loss in revenue to $0.

In the end, there is no way at all we can estimate DW's current state without being a staff member or until an update is provided on the ASX or in the next AGM or by DW themselves - at least the paragraph above gives a rough starting point.

22 hours ago, iwerks said:

This scenario has never happened before - no one knows what the outcome will be.

Luna Park Sydney's Ghost Train fire?

9 hours ago, Theme Park Ninja said:

I....enjoyed...watching the priceless reactions inside the Kevil Hill maze :) 

I've never experienced Kevil Hill: Zombie Evolution but is there an observation area or something?

6 hours ago, SunshineTom said:

I've found recently The Daily Mail just pretty much re-writes other articles of other mass media outlets. They don't write much themselves (though I should given them credit for actually attempting to contact Ardent Leisure). Anyway, that article is more of a photo gallery than an news article. Just look at this contradiction - "no queue" at The Claw yet this other photo of The Claw has a queue. Where did that other queue go? Found it. What is 1 way they could have taken this photo of a 'unusual summer queue'? Simply wait until the train leaves then take a photo of an empty queue (or the queue is just not shown in the photograph). Same with most photos - they might have just photographed immediately after opening or due to the extended hours, in the early morning/at lunch time when less people would be there.

To some in this forum, this though, can be considered normal :P

Edited by Jamberoo Fan

1 hour ago, reanimated35 said:

He makes no secret of the fact that he's a troll and yet every day someone falls for it.

Capture.JPG

Exactly. He openly admits he is here to troll and cause drama. So why the hell has he still not been banned? Dozens of users should not have to continually ignore or avoid an ongoing troublemaker... instead, the troll in question should be swiftly removed. Otherwise (and with all due respect) what exactly is the point of having assigned forum moderators? Isn't part of that responsibility to remove confirmed trolls from the forum, as opposed to just continuing to clean up the messy aftermath around them whilst they drive everyone nuts? 

Seriously guys, I know you prefer to give people a fair chance on here, but I believe that most of the regular community would agree with me that enough is enough. This guy has had SO many chances. Parkz is gonna start losing more genuine/longterm members' participation in here otherwise. I'm sure we all agree that POP,  in whatever obvious shape or form he chooses to use over and over, isn't worth that sacrifice...

Edited by Theme Park Girl

• Richard changed the title to Dreamworld reopening - the summer season
  • Gazza locked this topic