Dreamworld reopening - the summer season

wipeout94

decided to head down to dreamworld today. Not going to go on too long about it but the hot wheels sidewinder had a couple of men up, working on the track. In particular grinding the steel back in some spots. Very noticble while riding tailspin at about 5:30pm with obvious sparks fying down. Tower of Terror was being tested also today.

As everyone has stated above the staff of dreamworld and white water world have been very happy and they looked like they truly wanted to be there. Great vibes going around both parks. The fire machine is a great show that dreamworld should be proud of. And for also extending park hours for free to all guests. 

oh and the family food deal they have on atm is great! $45 for 2 burgers, 4 reg soft drink, large fries and 2 nuggets and fries. All of it was very nice.

Great to see people get behind the park and support it by attending and spending inside the two parks.

2 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

Seems a lot of people got these for Xmas...

IMG_3398.JPG

When you have a Samsung7 or equivalent phone, like most people, I fail to see a need to carry a proper camera. Unless I was a Photographer, albeit clearly not the case. 

Still it's better than nothing.. right?

2 hours ago, Theme Park Ninja said:

Giant Drop is being tested right now IMG_2490.JPGIMG_2491.JPG

Was the ride being tested in 'automatic' (ie fast mode?)

I have seen the west facing Gondolas being raised and lowered at a glacial speed a lot, but that's it..

8 minutes ago, MickeyD said:

When you have a Samsung7 or equivalent phone, like most people, I fail to see a need to carry a proper camera. Unless I was a Photographer, albeit clearly not the case. 

Still it's better than nothing.. right?

Was the ride being tested in 'automatic' (ie fast mode?)

I have seen the west facing Gondolas being raised and lowered at a glacial speed a lot, but that's it..

when I took the photo, it was slowly going up to the tower, I don't think they would be sending it in 'fast mode' if there's a worker at the top gondola. It did do a normal test when I was watching the Dreamtones earlier today. TOT2 was also being tested as well when I was there.

4 hours ago, MickeyD said:

Extensive testing of the Wipeout has been taking place today. I expect it to reopen next, and very soon!

20170107_111631.jpg

Was Wipeout testing in actual cycles or just slowly moving the arms, gondola etc? I'm hoping that they change it back to the original cycle as i find the one they changed it too after the revamp too short and stops and starts too many times, that's just my opinion :)

• Gazza locked this topic