Dreamworld reopening - the summer season

wipeout94

Just now, reanimated35 said:

If only there was a place on the internet where you could upload content with moving pictures and share them all over the world. 

Sorry, out at the moment so I will upload when I can for you

2 minutes ago, MickeyD said:

Alas that day is not today..

Are you referring to my post

2 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

You only have that option for a small timeframe, unless you're a Parkz Member

OK I will change it. The forum has a stupid feature that does nothing but lower the quality of posts. That really should not be something behind a pay wall.  He added that comment a hour after he posted the first post, that is not enough time to allow for edits. A day or two is fine, less then a hour is just ridiculous. 

20 minutes ago, Cruiseshipfan said:

OK I will change it. The forum has a stupid feature that does nothing but lower the quality of posts.

The forum has a feature which prevents people from editing and deleting posts, which stops people deleting or changing posts after other people have responded to it.  It used to happen a lot where someone would get into a debate, and then delete all their comments rendering large parts of a thread unreadable.  It also has the affect of making people think twice before they post.

People who buy merch are allowed the feature because we figure if you're serious enough about this hobby to buy merch, you probably aren't here to cause trouble.  

I totally get that it's annoying feature not to have, but we've not hid it behind a paywall to be dicks - there is a method to it.  

Also double posting really isn't that big a deal if it's not done ALL the time and there's a decent time gap between the posts.

Have a fantastic Parkz day! ??

21 minutes ago, joz said:

The forum has a feature which prevents people from editing and deleting posts, which stops people deleting or changing posts after other people have responded to it.  It used to happen a lot where someone would get into a debate, and then delete all their comments rendering large parts of a thread unreadable.  It also has the affect of making people think twice before they post.

People who buy merch are allowed the feature because we figure if you're serious enough about this hobby to buy merch, you probably aren't here to cause trouble.  

I totally get that it's annoying feature not to have, but we've not hid it behind a paywall to be dicks - there is a method to it.  

Also double posting really isn't that big a deal if it's not done ALL the time and there's a decent time gap between the posts.

Have a fantastic Parkz day! ??

Yes having that is all and good when someone responds the only response after his was his own post. I have seen many forums with this implemented. But no where is it as intrusive as this and judging from what I have seen it really doesn't seem to be doing any good. Easy was to stop people changing what they should it be controversial is the either have a edit history for posts or even simply quoting them when they do something controversial.  Like is it so hard to quote someone when your are responding to a post. The person can even completely delete their posts and yet you can easily follow what happened. There are so many ways to tackle this issue.

Just making people really think over their posts doesn't really work as most of the time it is not the content which needs to be changed is is basic spelling and grammar. Or even adding links which might not be available. It would allow threads to be more organised and therefore meaning you can easily follow the thread, instead of it being broken over multiple posts. 

Also to add to what others have said before this reputation system is horrible. It does nothing but act as a popularity contest. It is meant to be a system for quality of posts. Not a system where you vote on the persons view. There is nothing quality wrong with these posts. Yet they get down voted as they are against the general accepted opinion on these forums. 

Edited by Cruiseshipfan

18 minutes ago, Cruiseshipfan said:

Also to add to what others have said before this reputation system is horrible. It does nothing but act as a popularity contest. It is meant to be a system for quality of posts. Not a system where you vote on the persons view. There is nothing quality wrong with these posts. Yet they get down voted as they are against the general accepted opinion on these forums. 

I agree with that, but you downvoted my post.  I didn't down vote yours.  You can't say 'people down vote stuff they disagree with rather than the quality and that's wrong!' and straight away downvote something you disagree with.

I got no beef with you man, I often agree with stuff you say.  This isn't one of those times to be sure but I don't dislike you for it.  I've put the case forward why it's done a certain way.  You make fine points in response, some I agree with, some I don't but it's a balancing act.  No matter where the line is it'll always be an issue.

Again, no disrespect, we just disagree.  I promise when you open your forums I won't complain about to little control over edits :)

4 minutes ago, joz said:

I agree with that, but you downvoted my post.  I didn't down vote yours.  You can't say 'people down vote stuff they disagree with rather than the quality and that's wrong!' and straight away downvote something you disagree with.

I got no beef with you man, I often agree with stuff you say.  This isn't one of those times to be sure but I don't dislike you for it.  I've put the case forward why it's done a certain way.  You make fine points in response, some I agree with, some I don't but it's a balancing act.  No matter where the line is it'll always be an issue.

Again, no disrespect, we just disagree.  I promise when you open your forums I won't complain about to little control over edits :)

I will apologize for that I will admit I got a little cranky, with other people not you and I just took it out on that post.

Lucky I could edit this still, as I made a massive mistake that gave it a completely different meaning.   

Edited by Cruiseshipfan

• Gazza locked this topic