Dreamworld reopening - the summer season

wipeout94

I've heard you guys talking about how nice the staff are being since Dreamworld's reopening, but I still wasn't expecting what I saw yesterday. Probably one of the best days out I've ever had at a theme park. I was there from around 9:45 until just after Fire Machine, and had a great day. Had time to do just about everything, even a full lap on Dreamworld Express (which was depressing, as it provided a morbid view of the dormant RHLR), time spent at Corroboree, Tiger Island, and still rode all my favourites 4-5 times. I barely even noticed that three of the thrill rides were closed. Car park was probably 60-70% full, but only 40-50% earlier in the day.

Fire Machine was beyond spectacular, and the staff were INCREDIBLE. Going out of their way to help at all times - it was a hot day, so the ToT operators allowed us to queue at the air-conditioned hallways, and walked the rest of the queue to collect carriage loads themselves. The "Fun Patrol", the staff recognising people when they returned to rides, the welcoming attitudes and friendly hellos - getting a sticker for nailing it on Tail Spin summed it up for me - all capped off by a friendly goodbye and "thank you so much for visiting" as we left.

Plus, this was my first time at WhiteWater World, which was great, so it was pretty much the best day ever for me. Kudos to Dreamworld.

Hey @jake_hunt you should copy and paste that straight onto DW Facebook, they are loving this kind of feedback and are passing it onto the Staff to help keep the great momentum going!

Such a great report mate I am thrilled to hear they are doing everything to put their best foot forward and winning with smiles?

I know, it's great!

They all look look like they want to be at dream world.

Also, has anyone been on tot recently. 

They are always having parking issues with the trains wheels slipping through brakes. 

It's funny though when we start rolling back through the tunnel and people freak out or when you speed into the station. 

It took 5 miniutes for them to park the train successfully.

Also, ride attendants are running rides past 9 so everyone gets to experience the ride they have been queuing for.

Edited by Gold Coast Amusement Force

Just noticed on DW's updated park map that they have re-coloured the pathways of Town Of Gold Rush from the green of Main Street back to red.

Also, I like DW's new front cover of the park map - it really makes it look like you are going on a journey of discovery with the unique use of the DW Globe:

DWParkMapCover.jpg

Edited by Jamberoo Fan

3 minutes ago, Jamberoo Fan said:

Just noticed on DW's updated park map that they have re-coloured the pathways of Town Of Gold Rush from red to the green of Main Street. Town Of Gold Rush is still listed separately from Main Street but their pathways are now coloured the same.

The park map you linked, which is the updated one, clearly shows no green paths in the Gold Rush area....

Capture.JPG

Went there today, and was both surprised and underwhelmed (just whelmed for those of you in Europe). The park was relatively dead. I got there just after 1030 or so and left just after 1600 having done all the rides i wanted to (avoided ToT and BS). The longest wait i had was probably close to 20-30 minutes for MDMC which was surprisingly better than last time i rode it. Last time i specifically remember the coaster slowing down drastically right after clearing the launch right before the turn. Madagascar and Big Red Car both had better loading operations than Motocoaster did the entire time i was lining up. I spent around a full 2 hours in Corroboree and the likes just talking to the 2 guides Jared and Akayla who were more than helpful in what they're respective fields of knowledge were. It's also a great section to escape the noises and crowds. The only noises i heard were from ToT every few minutes. Having a go on the VR component of Corroboree was also something nice and different. I'm also surprised at how little (see not at all) the VR is promoted in-park. By about 1530/1600 most of the park was cleared and HWSW and TS were basically walk ons. I also noticed the WWW entrance is fairly hidden. I also agree with how much happier the staff seem to be. Justin on MDMC was overly ecstatic on every single run of the coaster, the poor bloke running BRCR was more than happy to slot me in somewhere when i said i'm a single rider (i think i was a sight for sore eyes to see someone his age without a kid let alone a 23 year old single rider on a Wiggles ride.). As i was making my way to TS in the arvo, I almost ended up in a musical style sing along with a random worker transporting a microphone when Cuban Pete came on. Jared and Akayla (and one of the zoo guys) were also more than helpful as i said earlier, but i think that was more in part of having someone genuinely interested in what they were doing and knew exactly what they were talking about (right down to Jared and I swapping Didjeridoo techniques.). @Slick did you happen to have anything to do with todays filming withe the Octodrone?

Also, is it normal to get dizzy from the HWSW queue?

Edited by jjuttp

5 hours ago, Spotty said:

On an unrelated note, Sidewinder was running smoother than i've ever experienced in my life today. However the audio was missing from the ride, bit of a shame but still a massive improvement over the Cyclone even without it :P

That was smooth?

The audio was missing for me too.

• Gazza locked this topic