Dreamworld reopening - the summer season

wipeout94

lol. I doubt it - but Ocean Park had one for years.

More likely the drone filming we've heard whisper about will 'tie in' to the air balloon idea, and the drone footage will be implied to be footage from the balloon.

I do hope they don't get the drone shadow in shot though. Some of those i've seen are terrible.

Yesterday, there was not a single soul in the GD area. As for Wipeout, there were 2 guys tinkering with the motor area next to the booth where the arm and seats area join underneath. that was at about 11ish, but there was no one there at 330/4 when i went back past. I did however see people walking in with powertools through the main entrance though. whether that was for a ride, commercial, or Lego ill never know.

Also that drone was filming plates for quite a few hours. While it said filming was for Claw and ToT, the Octo was sitting in 1 spot for the entire time i saw it. Didn't see a single camera near Claw. I also forgot to mention, there were a few guys dressed in space station outfits hanging around ToT for most of the day.

170123-033 35 for 35 HomeHERO Banner L.jpg

5 DAY SALE

Special offers on tickets, food & retail, for 5 days only! (Sale period: 9am 25 January - Midnight 29 January 2017)

The two offers are:  $35 OFF SEASON PASSES or $35 FOR 35 DAYS

Both include these specials:

- 35% off merchandise (excludes LEGO)

- FREE GIFT OFFER. (Spend over $100 to receive a free gift!, Choice of Tower Of Terror mug or Tiger Hero Moneybox to be redeemed at Main Street.)

- DOUGH BROS. PIZZERIA
16” Pizza, 2x Chips, 4x small Postmix soft drink. $35.00 (normally $55.00)

- Koala Photos for $15 (Save $10)

- V8 SIMULATORS ($15 for 15mins, and get an extra 15mins FREE)

- PHOTO DEAL (2 printed 6x8 photos for $20.00)

- FREE DIGITAL PHOTOS (with any photo purchased)

- GAME TOKEN DEAL (Double your tokens)

Good spot @themagician!

For those that require spoon feeding:

https://www.dreamworld.com.au/park-info/5-day-sale

Season Passes - Online only pricing: (valid for use until 24 December 2017)

• $44 Child (ages 3-13 years) 
  • $44 Pensioners (AUS & NZ residents only. ID Required.)
  • $64 Adults

I think it's an awesome little offer recognising their 35th year. I'd have liked to have seen them do a very limited time offer for $35 season passes - but thats only because i'm broke, not because they need to drop the price.

Dreamworld had to defend themselves a little bit again when the Giant Drop broke down even know that it was for only 5 mins.

http://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-updates/incidents/dreamworld-boss-says-he-has-no-concerns-about-glitch/news-story/ea2d13fff43affb8439ba6a9f66230d5

Sorry just noticed it already has its own forum. My bad. 

Edited by Ashley
  • Like 1

I was there yesterday, for a hot day the place was pretty busy.

Giant drop was not operating when I got there (around 1pm), it seem to be running through a few test runs without passengers.  It was operating again by around 2.30pm*, but the queue was pretty big and only the eastern side was operating so I gave it a miss.

I went on HWSW for the first time in ages, that thing is rough!  DW really need a decent coaster.

* times are a bit of a guess, I wasn't taking that much notice.

On ‎30‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 9:37 AM, mission said:

I was there yesterday, for a hot day the place was pretty busy.

Giant drop was not operating when I got there (around 1pm), it seem to be running through a few test runs without passengers.  It was operating again by around 2.30pm*, but the queue was pretty big and only the eastern side was operating so I gave it a miss.

I went on HWSW for the first time in ages, that thing is rough!  DW really need a decent coaster.

* times are a bit of a guess, I wasn't taking that much notice.

I haven't been on HWSW since it was called the Cylone in 2008.  I rode it on the weekend - It is a lot rougher than I remember - it reminds me of the Thunderbolt in its last years.

I wouldn't ride on it again, it was not fun at all and it gave me a headache.

I'd love Dreamworld to rebuild a Thunderbolt II, faster and smoother, including the iconic loops.  Doubt it will ever happen though.

Edited by Jbt81

Ehh... I must be in the minority.

HWSD is exactly what I expect it to be. Its an older coaster, it's not going to be smooth sailing the whole way, but it's a good thrill ride suitable for a large audience. 

Ive never understood the "it's so rough I got a headache" comments. Maybe some people are just more susceptible to them... It's nowhere near as painful as the ear bashing you used to cop on LW. 

9 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

It's nowhere near as painful as the ear bashing you used to cop on LW. 

And even that wasn't something that was overly terrible. I mean, sure, it hurt a bit but it was only temporary. 

I never really found either ride to be terrible. Yes, there's many smoother coasters out there, but there's also worse ones. 

• Gazza locked this topic