Aussie World's new announcement

Jobe

Aussie World on the Sunshine coast have unveiled a 5 year plan to expand the park from the current 15 acres to the full 55 acres that is available. They have visions of new rides, attractions and amenities, including a dedicated green space for events.

Key to the plans is the re-branding and re-imagining of the iconic Aussie World Pub.They plan to create a precinct around the Pub, the Shed events venue, the retail precinct and the theme park itself.

More news about the announcement is in the link below:

https://mysunshinecoast.com.au/news/news-display/aussie-world-unveils-exciting-new-vision-for-popular-tourist-precinct,46867

Thoughts on this guys?

I think this marks some very exciting times for Aussieworld and the surrounding precinct.

The original Designer of the Pub even welcomed the re-design to bring it into a new Era. . Personally I think it looks terrific and the big surrounding Verandah gives it a 'Queenslander' look.

It's pretty clear that with changes like this and the removal / replacement of certain attractions, the Owners are serious about Aussieworld's future. Definately looking forward to seeing this happen

Now that the land has been developed behind AW it will be interesting if it gets the same resistance that MW is getting.

c.JPG

I don't know where to stick this:

Aussie World has lodged a Fast Track Approval for this.

Typhoon 360 (replacing Octopus)

A.JPG

Crazy Mouse (replacing Wild Mouse)

b.JPG

Edited by YLFATEEKS

I'll see you @Gazza and raise you with this.

"This application “replacement rides” is an interim step in the upgrading and modernisation of Aussie World. Later this year, an additional application will be made seeking 5 new rides. This application will be followed by an application for a full masterplan in 2017"

1 hour ago, AlexB said:

Are you really leaving yourself that wide open?

If that's your idea of a pick line you better try harder.  I'm not that easy but I do accept Fast Passes as gifts.

Edited by YLFATEEKS

Thanks @YLFATEEKS. This is a GREAT find and while I share Noxegans despair at the removal of the Wild Mouse ( another classic suddenly gone ) the replacement rides are of an excellent calibre. Great news that they are also looking at FIVE new rides in 2017 as a overall expansion of the park. Aussie World is certainly growing and expanding into an excellent medium sized family park and this will only further drive tourism into the Sunshine coast. I know that it will certainly be on my agenda to revisit in the next couple of years!!

Whilst on the subject of Aussie World's Wild Mouse, LPS are certainly aware of the ride's decommissioning. They investigated the option to utilise this for parts for their Wild Mouse , however, the cars are different to LPS and there is no room to store any parts on site. LPS have declined the option and the Wild Mouse will be unceremoniously dismantled and scrapped. Unfortunate turn of events for this classic ride and I certainly echo AlexB's comments that surely something could have been done to save it.

Just a brief point of fact. Pinfari as a manufacturer has been gone for a long time and in any case they never made spinning mice. Assuming that this is a new purchase it'll likely be a Zamperla – unless of course the park has bought the travelling one you already have, which is a Reverchon.

And yeah, replacing a wood mouse with one of these is the coaster equivalent of replacing a Michelin-starred restaurant with a Hungry Jacks. 

5 hours ago, Noxegon said:

replacing a Michelin-starred restaurant with a Hungry Jacks. 

Bonus points for remembering that it's Hungry Jack's and not Burger King!

I'm still willing to get behind the park though.  They're easily the friendliest park in South East Queensland, and as much as it's a unique ride, Australia as a whole has so few coasters that everything here is unique, and I don't think you can get much marketing mileage out of a ride that's so small and old.  Put it in America or the UK and all of a sudden you've got a more coaster literate population who can appreciate such things, but it's totally wasted here.  

I'm sad to see it go, but I'm not surprised.  The fact they have plans to replace it with a similar ride doesn't do much to soften the blow, but at least they have plans to replace it and grow the park.  So long as they're investing in the place and bringing new rides in I totally support them.

^ This.

I'm as disappointed as everyone else on this forum, and loved grabbing a ride whenever we took the kids there, but I was always the only one in our group to ride as my boys were a bit short and even once my eldest was tall enough the idea of riding it alone (unlike LPS they only allowed 1 person per car) was a bit intimidating for him. I think the replacement will be well received by families with younger thrill seekers and despite what others have said regarding the GP not being concerned with the capacity of rides, it will make a noticeable difference in this case, and in this current climate of people being a little wary of older rides (don't forget Aussie World have had their own 'incident' in the last year or so) I think most people will just see it as a modernised version and will see it as unique. It will be the only spinning coaster in an Australian theme park (if I'm not mistaken), after all.

I'm personally excited about Aussie World's plans. So far we only know 3 of the 7 rides coming in the next 12 months (that's 2 'replacement rides' and 5 new additions, with one obviously being @Gazza's mini drop tower find) so I'm sure they have a couple of surprises up their sleeves.

Just following on from that. Aussie World have shared a feature on the redevelopment via their facebook page. The full article can be found here. While it doesn't tell us too much more than @YLFATEEKS and @Gazza have discovered, there is an article on the drop tower including it's name and expected opening:

Aussie_World_Feature_combined5.png

They have also released a video of the rebranding announcement:

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fviewnews%2Fvideos%2F10154096962483715%2F&show_text=0&width=560" width="560" height="315" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

Edited by strop
Evidently, embedding videos is still beyond me!

Absolutely excited to see what 2017 has in store at Aussie World. 5 new rides? Bring it on!!!

I think about from the Typhoon 360 and Crazy Mouse coaster, the park could do with some water-based rides as it gets very hot there in the summer. I took my little siblings there and they wouldnt leave the splash area next to The Plunge as it cooled them down. I think a nice air conditioned dark ride wouldn't go astray either. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, SunshineTom said:

I wouldn't get too excited it's 10 metres lol 

I need those two new thrill rides to open then I'll go for another visit.. too many littl kids rides for my liking 

I know exactly how tall it is... Regardless of that, I think it will be a very fun ride. I'm not a fan of huge drop tower rides anyway.

Edited by DisneyDoll

21 minutes ago, AlexB said:

my completely uneducated guess would be on the site of the old octopus. its about the only clear space i can think of, excepting the mouse (which I don't think is clear yet).

You could be right there Alex, but I thought it was being used as a trampoline attraction? Still I guess it wouldn't take much to dismantle that at all.  Looking at the ride, it doesn't appear to have a large footprint so it will be interesting to see where it is :-)