Aussie World's new announcement

Jobe

3 hours ago, AlexB said:

my completely uneducated guess would be on the site of the old octopus. its about the only clear space i can think of, excepting the mouse (which I don't think is clear yet).

The Octopus site is currently occupied by the Trampoline attraction, as pointed out correctly by DisneyDoll. This area will be taken up by the new swinging pendulum ride when it arrives next year.

My guess is that the new drop ride is closer to the entrance and will join the line of kiddie attractions in this area.

It was left of the pub as I was heading North. In line with, or closer to the highway than the Ferris wheel. If I was to have a guess I would say roughly where 'Barry Mundi's Boats' is (or was?).

But, keep in mind, I was driving and not in a position to stop (otherwise I'd have photos to boot).

Obviously, we will know for certain from (updated maps) Boxing Day. I'm hoping to get the family there in January so will take some snaps if similar ones have not been posted prior.

3 hours ago, DisneyDoll said:

The demise of the Wild Mouse is unfortunate but the wait times were hideous on busy days due to the one person per car policy. If it's replacement is the spinning Crazy Mouse style coaster then I feel that will be a great addition to the park both in thrills & also loading capacity.

"Thrills"

Reverchon Spinning Mouse coasters are rough, boring, uninspired and give you a lot of nausea because of the constant spinning, and are genuinely bad rides, worse than pre-2015 Cyclone or any SLC that isn't Arkham. Aussie World should have looked at a Maurer spinner, a Mack mouse, or anything else that isn't a crappy off the shelf coaster that belongs in the Easter Show. I can agree that it can be a capacity boost, but so is anything else

18 hours ago, XxMrYoshixX said:

Oh, they've demolished the ride already. That was fast.

Sad to see a rare species get the axe. Would LPS have been able to buy the trains or track for parts on their Wild Mouse, an identical model, or was the track gauge on the Aussie World one different to theirs?

I  actually answered this in another thread not too long ago. LPS looked at trying to get parts for their Wild Mouse but the cars are completely different and LPS does not have the holding capacity to store any track on site.

4 hours ago, DisneyDoll said:

The demise of the Wild Mouse is unfortunate but the wait times were hideous on busy days due to the one person per car policy. If it's replacement is the spinning Crazy Mouse style coaster then I feel that will be a great addition to the park both in thrills & also loading capacity.

45 minutes ago, XxMrYoshixX said:

"Thrills"

Reverchon Spinning Mouse coasters are rough, boring, uninspired and give you a lot of nausea because of the constant spinning, and are genuinely bad rides, worse than pre-2015 Cyclone or any SLC that isn't Arkham. Aussie World should have looked at a Maurer spinner, a Mack mouse, or anything else that isn't a crappy off the shelf coaster that belongs in the Easter Show. I can agree that it can be a capacity boost, but so is anything else

I agree 100% with your post @DisneyDoll. It is indeed unfortunate that the original Wild Mouse has been removed however this will be a capable replacement and a very popular ride. Aussie World can claim to be the only park in Australia with a permanent Spinning coaster, as well. You are spot on here @DisneyDoll

@XxMrYoshixX this is your opinion. I personally believe that the introduction of the Spinning Wild Mouse will be a huge success and a wildy popular ride. I agree that it is no substitute for the original Wild Mouse and that a Mack or Maurer spinner would be the preferred option by theme park enthusiasts. However, everything else you state is just your opinion and not true for everyone and I certainly refute them. I do not think that Reverchon Spinning Mouse coasters are overly rough, boring or even uninspired. This installation will mark the first permanent installation of this ride type in Australia and I think Aussie World are to be commended for swiftly replacing the original with another coaster.

@XxMrYoshixX  It may surprise you to know that many people that visit theme parks are not coaster fanatics but simply individuals or families out for a fun day. They wouldn’t know a Mack or B&M coaster if they fell over them, all they want to do is to have a great day of fun without nit picking various makes & models of the various attractions…. Personally, I found the old Wild Mouse uncomfortable & at times painful to ride. Regardless of what you think & frankly I couldn’t care less , this will be a very popular & welcomed attraction for this park & I applaud them for their ongoing expansion.. If you’re not happy with their selection, I suggest you write them an email & voice your opinion.

Edited by DisneyDoll

@djrappa  People might not know a Mack from a Meisho but they sure as shit notice as soon as they ride something. To say the public doesn't notice the difference between a good quality ride and a bad one just because a ride is a ride is just silly. 

Your putting words in my mouth, I never said they wouldn't notice the difference between a good quality ride or a bad one. I said that they wouldn't know a Mack or B&M coaster if they fell over them because....they are not into ride manufactures as enthusiasts are. I'm sure as shit ( your words ) that this ride will prove to be very popular at Aussie World regardless.

1 hour ago, DisneyDoll said:

@djrappa  People might not know a Mack from a Meisho but they sure as shit notice as soon as they ride something. To say the public doesn't notice the difference between a good quality ride and a bad one just because a ride is a ride is just silly. 

Your putting words in my mouth, I never said they wouldn't notice the difference between a good quality ride or a bad one. I said that they wouldn't know a Mack or B&M coaster if they fell over them because....they are not into ride manufactures as enthusiasts are. I'm sure as shit ( your words ) that this ride will prove to be very popular at Aussie World regardless.

I agree 100% here. Most theme park enthusiasts know the difference between ride manufacturers and which rides are deemed better or worse than others (please remember though, that these are highly subjective and dependent on the individual rider). However, for such a ride as a Reverchon Spinning Mouse ( which IMHO is not THAT bad a ride) the average joe will enjoy this as a good family option to ride. They will not sit there and discuss the vagaries of the Reverchon versus the Maurer spinner or to a B&M for that matter. They simply do not know any better. 

I bet that this installation will prove a VERY popular choice at Aussie World. Even the travelling version that plies its trade up and down the East Coast at fairs and festivals is ALWAYS  a popular choice and is patroned well wherever it goes. To have one in a park where families can re-ride at will is sure to only enhance this attraction and its popularity.

On an aside, we are not even sure of the manufacturer at this stage. All we have to go on is a pic which looks like a Reverchon model. If it is a new ride, then as Noxegan has already pointed out, this will be a Zamperla unit, which have licensed the layout and ride since Reverchon's demise.

3 hours ago, ash.1111 said:

Is the Crazy Mouse AW is adding the same as the one at the EKKA?

Its basically the same model yeah.

Edited by Jobe

9 hours ago, Jobe said:

On an aside, we are not even sure of the manufacturer at this stage. All we have to go on is a pic which looks like a Reverchon model. If it is a new ride, then as Noxegan has already pointed out, this will be a Zamperla unit, which have licensed the layout and ride since Reverchon's demise.

I need to correct myself at this point, because it would appear that Reverchon is back in business as of last year – they've had two new installations in 2016:

Policías y Ratones
Boulets de Canon

I suspect Zamperla is still more likely, but it's not a foregone conclusion.

To add my thoughts to this, spinning mice *are* crowd pleasers, and to that end this is probably a good move for Aussie World. However, it's a shame that it had to come at the expense of a historical and fundamentally unique ride that is on the verge of disappearing forever. 

(As an aside, I can't help but wonder if the decision to scrap the ride was precipitated by the Dreamworld accident. I'm guessing that insurance on home-made attractions won't be cheap now.)

11 hours ago, Noxegon said:

I need to correct myself at this point, because it would appear that Reverchon is back in business as of last year – they've had two new installations in 2016:

Policías y Ratones
Boulets de Canon

I suspect Zamperla is still more likely, but it's not a foregone conclusion.

To add my thoughts to this, spinning mice *are* crowd pleasers, and to that end this is probably a good move for Aussie World. However, it's a shame that it had to come at the expense of a historical and fundamentally unique ride that is on the verge of disappearing forever. 

(As an aside, I can't help but wonder if the decision to scrap the ride was precipitated by the Dreamworld accident. I'm guessing that insurance on home-made attractions won't be cheap now.)

Absolutely spot on @Noxegon. There is no discussion about which is the better ride and I am still left feeling hollow about Aussie World's sudden and dramatic removal without any real warning or communication. As @AlexB pointed out, there is nothing about these rides that could NOT have been manufactured right here to keep the ride operating, if the will was there. Since we can rule out parts as a potential reason, then that only leaves safety issues as the main cause of concern. I would certainly like to know the thinking and impetus behind this decision from management at Aussie World.

Also agree 100% that a Spinning Wild Mouse will definitely be a crowd pleaser and whilst it is inferior to the coaster it replaced, this is my overriding point. The average visitor will not care and will probably find the ride an improvement as it will enable a whole family to ride at once with its four person cars and its lower height requirement. Kudos again to Aussie World for recognising this need. I just wished that they had added this as a supplement to the wooden Wild Mouse and not as a replacement.

Thanks also for letting us know about Reverchon still producing rides. This is actually good news as it is a barometer that the industry is alive and competitive. 

Now if some Australian Park would make the decision to install a Maurer or Mack Spinner this would be excellent news. Adventure World or either Luna Parks I am looking at you!!! :D

20 hours ago, djrappa said:

See I actually really think the ride is meh and provides a lackluster experience, enthusiast or not. Where as I believe the mouse had a very unique and highly thrilling appeal that these spinners just don't. 

I certainly agree here that the Wooden Wild Mouse are a decidedly superior ride to Spinning Mouse. There is no argument here by me on that count. Its a bloody shame that Australia at one time had 3 operating versions of these and now we are whittled down to just one. Thank God LPS Wild Mouse and original unit in Australia is heritage protected and its future is assured for many years to come. However, having also ridden Blackpool Pleasure Beach's unit, i found that its unique layout is  IMHO superior to the one we are familiar with here at home.

Edited by Jobe

I'm disappointed at the loss of the old mouse. It definitely should have stayed. For whatever reason, the park decided it had to go, so it did. That part we can all agree on, i'm certain.

As for the rumored spinner, if its the same as the traveller that runs the east coast (i think it had pink track?) then I don't think it's that bad - i've enjoyed many a ride on it whilst working shows at various times, so I can see it being popular at AW.

On the positives, return visitors (non-enthusiasts) will see this as an upgrade - similar track layout (ie: both "mouse" variants), whilst able to seat more people, and to spin. New visitors to the park obviously won't know what they're missing... so the only people upset at this (as mentioned at the top of my reply) are going to be the enthusiasts who know what's missing.

Sure, if its what we think it is, it is a poor replacement to the old mouse, but if it had to go, we could have had worse replacements, or worse - no replacements.