Aussie World's new announcement

Jobe

If I remember correctly the luge was an upchsrge attraction not included in aussie worlds ticket price as it was operated by a difrent company  it was there LONG before Aussie world became a fully fledged theme park I remember a time where Aussie world was just the luge tracks and the motion simulator and the pub 

Edited by Themeparkfan

Yeah - the track's been there for years. Never seen it operate - must admit when i saw the proposal the other day, i thought it was a new proposal, but noticed that some rides overlapped it and couldn't figure out how they'd achieve the overlap - but of course - it is the old track. Google maps or nearmap do show parts of the track to this day, but it is well obscured by trees and scrub these days.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd dare say they will remove some or all of  The old luge tracks with the new expansion  it's been there for years rode them one or twice as a kid was a separate upcharge attraction with an indipendant company leasing the land in Aussie world I think if I remember correctly as it wasn't included in Aussie worlds ticket price back when it was just the voyager simulator the luge and the pub and that wild life show /display 

• 3 months later...
On 15/06/2017 at 5:54 PM, SuperV said:

So AW just announced it's new thrill ride on Facebook, The Wasp. Most likely the pendulum ride? Opens 24th June at their Ride the Night event.

Image may contain: text

Dose anyone know if constructions started yet? If it's opening on June 24th (next weekend) and construction hasn't even started, I would expect it not to happen this month.

19 minutes ago, Rollercoaster_Lover said:

Dose anyone know if constructions started yet? If it's opening on June 24th (next weekend) and construction hasn't even started, I would expect it not to happen this month.

Well, the park is advertising it for their Ride the Night. Also it is probably just a portable ride being slapped down.

56 minutes ago, Rollercoaster_Lover said:

Does anyone know if constructions started yet? If it's opening on June 24th (next weekend) and construction hasn't even started, I would expect it not to happen this month.

Also, they wouldn't announce an official date to go around and say "Whoops. Can't get it done in time." So it will most definitely be a portable ride.

So it's the 24th and i still can't find ANY information on this ride, searched twitter, facebook and instagram - nothing. Except for this tiny blurb on AW's website: 

Get ready to experience a new level of THRILLS at Aussie World with our newest ride - THE WASP.

This all-new ride will fling you around at a rapid pace, but grab the joystick and YOU take control, shooting yourself sideways into the air! 

Get stung by the Wasp these school holidays!

17 hours ago, SHOOKETH said:

I'm so disappointed. Just saw it's in the old spot the Octopus was in and it's basically another chair swing style spinning ride except it has carriages and they move outward more. Lame!

Take it from someone as cynical and sarcastic as I am - occasionally life's better when you have a beer and be happy. Not everything sucks, mate. :)

I think this ride looks like a great addition to Aussie World's ride lineup- its somewhat different and unique to the park and indeed Australia , it looks like it packs a good thrill yet it is not too intense that it is not family friendly!! Great move Aussie World- lets bring on the Spinning Wild Mouse coaster next!!!

Just a quick update- Aussie World have posted a quick YouTube video of the Wasp in action.

It looks like a fantastic addition to the parks line up and occupies the space where the former Octopus ride resided. One thing I do really like is that the ride gives a level of interactivity to the rider- riders can press a button on  a lever on each gondola which then shoots them high , giving them the sensation of flight. Basically you can control the type of ride you experience by making it more thrilling with each button push.

Not entirely sure but is this the only unit of its type currently in Australia? If so, its always welcome to have a new ride type in the country. Given their target market, an excellent purchase for Aussie World. Bring on their plans for a further 4 new rides!

14 hours ago, MaxxTheMonster said:

Hang on...  Let me get this straight...  It goes round and round and you can control if it just goes round or if it goes up and down as well...  

Image result for boots banana boogie

Image result for dronkey flyers

Image result for donatello's ninja flyers seaworld

Yeah the video from Aussie World didnt quite illustrate its full features that well at all.

The video that @SuperV posted earlier from SBF Visa shows the full features and ride cycles far more effectively. This shows what I was trying to illustrate in my earlier post.

Edited by Jobe

• 3 months later...