Aussie World's new announcement

Jobe

• 2 months later...

This is a very interesting looking ride. The gondola is spinning a lot faster than I would have expected which looks like many funs. I'm undecided about the slow swing time though. It's slow to ramp up to full force which means it has a longer ride time but also means it only completes 1 full revolution. I would have loved an extra revolution or more swings close to a full inversion but overall I can see this being a massive thrill drawcard for Aussie World and I can't wait to get up there and ride it.

• 3 months later...

An application has been lodged to change the final heights of Typhoon 360 Ride and Crazy Mouse Coaster.  Within this application we now know when the rides will be shipped to Australia.

At the time of making the original Material Change of Use development application, the actual rides had not been ordered, so ‘typical’ heights were provided, based on the information at hand at the time.  Since then, specific rides have been purchased.   The Typhoon 360 will be shipped from Italy by mid April 2018. The Crazy Mouse is being manufactured and will be ready for shipping by the end of June 2018.   As a result,  the specifications of each particular ride are now known and there are slight differences to the

heights approved by the MCU, as set out in the table below.

For anybody interested on the new heights please see table.

Name

Approved height

Proposed Height

Difference

Typhoon 360 (area 1)

standing 27.0m operational 33.5m

standing 26.7m operational 33.8m

-0.3m (lower)

+0.3m (higher)

Crazy Mouse Coaster

(area 2)

17m

15m

-2.0m (lower)

Heights in relationship to each other.  

Typhoon 360 (standing) -

26.7 RH + 36.3m  SL =

63.0m AHD

Typhoon 360 (operational) -

33.8 RH + 36.3m  SL =

70.1m AHD

Crazy Mouse Coaster -

15.0 RH + 36.5 SL =

51.5m AHD

• Like 4

On 03/12/2016 at 3:25 PM, SunshineTom said:

Aussie World's future will look something like Paulton's Park (a smaller family park) in the UK i daresay but hopefully with better thrill rides. The future looks bright!

Paultons is a fabulous park indeed, I know the team there pretty well.  If AW can emulate what Paultons have done they will be in a great place. Biscuit +Shaw Thing had a very enjoyable visit/meeting with the team at AW this week. 

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

Aussie World have announced their new ride the Typhoon SC 360 will be installed later this year.

Here is a screen shot from their Facebook announcement:

image.thumb.png.0b159501dbdf766708520a2bc0e5fd20.png

The Sunshine Coast daily has more info on the below link:

https://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/news/coasts-first-adrenalin-charged-thrill-ride-coming-/3471931/

No mention of the new Spinning Mouse Coaster as yet.....fingers crossed it arrives next year sometime.

• Like 1