How Good?

scott

Really?I would'nt have thought it boring.I guess I'm really dissapointed that I never got to go though....demon,space probe and bush beast looked really good.Bush Beast looked like the only full-on wooden coaster in oz.That is to say, not a wild mouse style coaster,which,while exilarating,does not go nearly as fast as the 4 major metal coasters we have.Bush Beast was faster then lethal wepon,which certainly surprised me

Really?I would'nt have thought it boring.I guess I'm really dissapointed that I never got to go though....demon,space probe and bush beast looked really good.Bush Beast looked like the only full-on wooden coaster in oz.That is to say, not a wild mouse style coaster,which,while exilarating,does not go nearly as fast as the 4 major metal coasters we have.Bush Beast was faster then lethal wepon,which certainly surprised me
The thing I liked about Bush Beast is that its a relaxing ride that you can do again and again all day. Theres no full body restraint so you can just relax and enjoy. Just enough thrill, speed and rickety to make it worthwhile, but not anywhere near the "throw up factor" of the steelies like Demon. ZordMaker

space probe was the best, the best theming in a ride in australia. the demon was one of australia's best rides but very poor theming. Sonwy river had a great theming at the beggining, now it aint too bad, but the best river rapids ride in australia. the bush beast had no theming but a great ride, i love the beach looks better then dreamworlds. But wonderland always to me had better theming than dreamworld. Goldrush has the best theming, transilvania is kool, hanna babera land had great theming, and at the start the pirates land used to be one of the best theming. I have just found a video with every part of wonderland, the video is dated back to 1986, it was very packed but the park looked amazing. It lacked scenery, but thats explainable becasue the park just opened and there is no large trees. but on a whole Wonderland - best for theming, second best for rides Dreamworld - best for rides, second best for theming Wet n wild - best for water rides Sea world - best for shows. movie world - best for the most exciting rides Australia's best theme park all rounder: (IMO) 1st - dreamworld 2nd - wonderland 3rd - movie world 4th - wet n wild 5th - luna park sydney 6th - sea world

The concept of Probe's theming was good. It could have done with a software update for the pre-show. Still running off a Windows 95 Visual Basic designed program. I didn't mind their thinking behind it though. If like originally planned, the roof would open and close it would have made it better too I think. Unfortunately it couldn't be made fail-safe.

Shifty I can't believe you are saying Wonderland was the 2nd best park with the best theming. No way. It was all done very basically. If we're going to talk about theming, Movie World would have to have the best by far... the park has spent bucket loads of cash on theming alone. Also Dreamworld's theming is definitely better than Wonderlands... especially when you take Ocean Parade and Nick Central into consideration. By the way, there are way too many of these 'best ride, best park, what do you prefer' posts open at the moment. Please give it a rest for a while Scott!

The concept of Probe's theming was good.  It could have done with a software update for the pre-show.  Still running off a Windows 95 Visual Basic designed program.
Thats nothing man. The entire Sydney Monorail still runs on a pair of slaved Amiga 2000's circa 1988. No Kidding. It works so well they have never updated it. But the staff guys who maintain it have for years and years trawled the globe for spare parts. They have half a warehouse filled with old junked amigas and parts! Dont believe me? Ive got photos!! ZordMaker

It looked pretty terrible though mate. You know that and it would always freeze and need to be reset. It's not a matter of the system working bad or not working, it just could have looked better. This is something that people could actually see. It's not really a major issue anyway, it's just something that could have been updated and made to look more realistic as the technology became available. As usual, Wonderland just didn't want to move with the times.

yeah,sorry goboi,couldn't help myself.But i've only been to Dreamworld and Movie World so I want a bit more info on the parks, especially Seaworld.Guess I should have thought more about what I was posting.I'm pretty new here,so I still love posting threads.