Plus sized guests

Themeparkfan

One thing that disappoints me about most of Australian theme parks these days is their lack of family rides, Large capacity ones  like the captain Sturt paddle wheeler flume rides (Bermuda/loonytunes) or dark rides (gremlins/backlot tour)  without really tight restraints and triple lock lapbars that even if your slightly bigger or tall won't fit that plus size guests can ride or enjoy

I have a family member who misses out on some rides with us as they are plus size due to medical condition  Disney seems to be very accomodating for larger guests it's a real shame having more high capacity family rides and attractions would benefit not just the plus size community but act as a  sponge for crowds on very busy days it's a shame the current trend is focused mainly on thrill attractions 

Edited by Themeparkfan

Unfortunately I don't see too many of the rides you're looking for being added. Which is a shame because I do understand where you are coming from, no one likes to be left out and we do have a lack of dark rides. Disney does do a great job of offering inclusive rides (and Universal does a pretty good job to), but it really comes with the large number of people they pull in with their parks. Their high attendance numbers means they are able to provide higher levels of service in areas that the Gold Coast parks are unable to.

Without the talk of bringing back something the park/s once had, or a similar/clone of those old rides (we've had enough discussions on bringing back the tour/BT/LTRR etc), what would you like to see that's NEW to an Australian park that fits the "family/plus sized guest" demographic? 

Classic woodie without the centre seat divider - thereby allowing plus sized guests to occupy an entire row if that is what is necessary.

Or just work with a coaster manufacturer to produce seats that are realistic for many theme park visitors these days, instead of designing them only for waifs. Take Big Grizzly Mountain as an example of a nice accommodating seat:

I've not taken my tape measure with me, but if you compare it to say - Silver Bullet at Knotts, it is far more comfortable, roomy and accommodating. 

Additionally, as i've found with many of the Disney coasters - more room is available because they allow for loose articles (ie backpacks) to ride with you, so they design for that too.

In all honesty, even if Grizzly is PRECISELY the same size as Silver bullet it doesn't matter - my point is that just like airlines, all any park has to do is SPECIFY certain minimums. I know a lot of coaster manufacturers have certain standards, but surely it wouldn't be too difficult to customise here and there.