Scooby Doo Spooky Coaster Reopening [Dec 26, 2016]

Reanimated35

54 minutes ago, reanimated35 said:

Christmas Eve was a month ago already? Wow, the time flies. 

Well technically it was last month..

I wasn't there Xmas Eve so my apologies, but on my 3 visits in December (early, mid and A few days before Xmas), Shaggy & Scooby were in the parade on a golf buggy - no van. 

Edited by Brad2912

Not Scooby! But I said that when they removed the Gremlins ride.

would be different to go for a ride through there now with it all stripped bare.

I wonder where all the theming is? Hope they haven't just dumped it all and if so... who knows where the dumpsters are?!! :-)

Does anyone have like a layout of the  whole track as though looking from above through the roof? Cheers.

22 hours ago, Jamberoo Fan said:

Here's a quick layout diagram of SDSC & it's entrance(s)/exit for you @UpperCoomera. It should be roughly accurate:

ScoobyDooSpookyCoasterPossibleLayout.jpg

Holy crap how old is that aerial shot? Lethal still has awnings over the queue line, china town facades are up... and the alley is open! Wow!

20 hours ago, westical said:

Here's something I just whipped up.*

Wild-Mouse_2005_layout_1.gif

*lies

hey thats not bad, but it isn't very accurate*. Didn't you look at Jamberoo's version? His is much better.

*lies

Ridden today. It's actually quite a unique experience, but not worth the ridiculous waiting time. Theming still up in queue and station. Nothing after the doors at the very beginning, which just remained open the whole time. Mostly just dark and temporary fences, not a lot to see. Evil laugh and swinging axes still there and working, but the evil laugh was a bit ridiculous with no monster to embody it. Quite interesting with no walls - the final 90-degree turn into the elevator faces the wild mouse section, which gives it a whole new level of foreshadowing.

No jungle section at the end, that's entirely gone too. I also noticed that the spider in the wild mouse section is still there.

Overall, I'd recommend you ride it while the theming is down. It wasn't worth the long wait, and I obviously miss the theming, but it was unique and interesting for someone who is interested in the technical side of things and behind the scenes.

6 hours ago, jake_hunt said:

Overall, I'd recommend you ride it while the theming is down. It wasn't worth the long wait, and I obviously miss the theming, but it was unique and interesting for someone who is interested in the technical side of things and behind the scenes.

I'd definitely ride it, coming from someone who wasted 30-40 minutes at the front of the queue for Furius Baco watching them switch out one train for another. It was a painstakingly slow procedure for an equally painful ride.

Found this response on Facebook regarding a visitors question about the current state of he ride:

"There are plans for thematic enhancements to be made at Scooby Doo Spooky Coaster. We started the enhancements to the attraction during the maintenance period, however we want guests to be able to experience the attraction over the school holiday period so it is currently open with reduced theming to the dark part of the ride."

Edited by rac2703

31 minutes ago, rac2703 said:

Found this response on Facebook regarding a visitors question about the current state of he ride:

"There are plans for thematic enhancements to be made at Scooby Doo Spooky Coaster. We started the enhancements to the attraction during the maintenance period, however we want guests to be able to experience the attraction over the school holiday period so it is currently open with reduced theming to the dark part of the ride."

Wow. Thanks Movieworld for something we already know!