Wet 'n' Wild Buggy

themagician

QLD’S FIRST DRIVING ADVENTURE PARK

Embrace your wild side and take on the best drive of your life!

Wet'n'Wild BUGGY is the newest and coolest purpose-built adventure track right here at Wet’n’Wild Gold Coast. Strap yourself into our army spec Buggy and get ready for a 1km long track riddled with rocks, water obstacles, crazy tunnels, hills, jumps and more!

Drivers (Licensed) can drive on their own with the safety of an instructor to assist with navigation of hardcore obstacles and getting the most enjoyment out of the experience. Non-Drivers (Non-licensed) are accompanied with an instructor in a dual control-buggy to assist in turning, breaking and acceleration to guide them through our Wet'n'Wild Buggy track.

Embrace your wild!

• 50+ challenging obstacles
  • Water obstacles, jumps, tunnels, 7 tyre obstacles, 7 x log obstacles, 45 degree walls, 30 degree long bends and hills!
  • Purpose-built track covering a land area of 30,000 square metres
  • Natural bush track accessed through Wet’n’Wild
  • 1km of pure excitement
  • Army spec vehicles

Wet’n’Wild Buggy experiences are not included in the price of entry and need to be purchased separate to park Admission and Season Memberships.

Tickets can be purchased here: https://buggc.bookingboss.com/experiences.cfm

Edited by themagician

It doesn't really fit at Movie World or Sea World either.  It kinda suits Paradise Country, but I can't really see it being a success out there.  Of all the Village parks I think it probably suits WnW best. 

http://wildbuggy.com/

Given it's a franchise of a standalone attraction I wonder if internally at least, it's viewed as extra business for Oxenford rather than an attraction at Wet 'n' Wild, kind of similar to what Top Gold will be, only this one happens to be inside a park. 

What's up with VRL needing to use either a different site UI or a completely different booking system for new offerings?

In terms of ticketing systems, this is via Booking Boss, Farmstays is via another called "The Booking Button", then there's the core ticketing portal for general admission (which is on a domain different from everything else), and finally another booking system for Sea World Resort (which i'm pretty sure is MicroSap?)

Then you look at UI's... you've got the core portals which still don't have any mobile optimisation what so ever (and regardless of how much traffic your site attracts, Google would be tarnishing your online visibility just for that alone), then Farmstays & WNWS is on the new design that the seasonal events use, and now we've got this thing. 

Seriously, the photos don't fit and that's the core imagery for your page. What's worse is that when you click the header, it takes you back to the main WNWGC page which has no mention of the page you came from, which is pretty sub-par UX design right there.

We've got four individual booking systems and including MyFun they've got a totally out of date spiderweb of half integrated sites.

Why in 2016?

As a sidenote, this is something I would love to do, I just don't understand how they expect the target audience (me) to find it and use it when it's impossible to discover online outside of enthusiast websites.

Screen Shot 2016-12-26 at 12.37.22 pm.jpg

Screen Shot 2016-12-26 at 12.37.16 pm.jpg

I especially like how they clearly tested their site before releasing it to the public. 

I opened the page to see how the booking process goes, here's a step by step of what I found.

1 - I decided to book myself and 29 friends a buggy ride. 

wnw1.JPG

2 - Apparently that entitles my friends and I to some free goodies! Well, some of us anyway.... (maximums were selected in each category)

wnw2.JPG

3 - Ok, so clearly WnW knows more about me than I thought and knows that I don't actually have 29 friends, so they've decided that while they'll charge me for 30 tickets, I'll only get 1. 

wnw3.JPG

4 - But, they seem to think that maybe I'm not completely sad and I might actually have 14 friends, so they'll let me update the cart to reflect that and check out. 

wnw4.JPG

Although I do like the merchandise names...

Edited by reanimated35

18 minutes ago, bladex said:

you'd think they would have put this in mw or even the outback advt but not a damned water park!

Why?  What do buggys have to do with Movies?  Also Outback Spectacular is a dinner show, not a park, so would be a waste to put it there.  PC would kinda fit, but they just don't get the crowds that would enjoy such an attraction.  WNW is probably where it fits best, sure it's not a waterslide but parks are allowed to have more than one type of thing.

Here is what the buggies look like, and a bit more info was added on the website

IMG_5867.JPG

Booking Changes and Cancellations

If a session time has been booked but you want to reschedule it then:- 

• for bookings of less than 8 people, you must give us notice at least 72 hours before the booked session time; &
  • for bookings of 8 or more people, you must give us notice at least 7 days before the booked session time.

Rebooking fees may apply in such case and will be notified to you at the time.

Photos & Videos

You consent to us using any photos or videos we take of you for marketing purposes without payment or other consideration. No hand held cameras or phones are allowed.

Session Lengths

Session lengths are an indication only of the time you will be driving on the track. Allow up to 60 minutes to complete the session and a longer period if you are in a larger group.

Driver’s Licence

Drivers must have as a minimum a valid P-Plate driver’s licence. If you don’t then you will be a co-driver in our dual-controlled buggies. All participants will be accompanied by a trained instructor. 

Restrictions on participation

You must be at least 7 years of age and 100cm in height to participate. 

As much as I am absolutely no fan of this attraction and have zero interest in it myself, I actually think it is most suited to Wet 'n' Wild. While I would much prefer the park stuck to waterslides, it is pretty clear they made a strategic decision a while back to create more dry attractions, linking them with the 'wild' part of the name. We saw this with the Surf Rider and then the various zip lines and Sky Coasters at both WnW GC and Syd.

3 hours ago, GoGoBoy said:

...it is pretty clear they made a strategic decision a while back to create more dry attractions, linking them with the 'wild' part of the name. We saw this with the Surf Rider and then the various zip lines and Sky Coasters at both WnW GC and Syd.

I agree with this but I just wish the dry attractions (and FlowRider) were not upcharges. The only non-upcharge dry attraction, Surfrider, opened as a combined wet/dry attraction. After seeing the final Buggy product, the cost makes more sense but given it's located inside a theme park, I don't think many people will use it as they've already paid a lot of money for tickets to the park. Local pass holders may use it occasionally though.