Dreamworld Summer Entertainment Offerings

Park Addict 93

Thought I would start this thread to discuss Dreamworld's Summer Entertainment offerings.

Have attended Fire Machine a few nights and the park in general a few days and am throughly impressed with all the new shows, returning shows and Kevil Hill Live Scare attraction (better than any of the mazes at MW this year in terms of scares).

Dreamworld also have some dining specials and the "4PM Ticket"

Dreamworld has released an "after 4.00pm" Special. For only $55 (adults) and $45 (kids) you get:

**1 Afternoon/Night Entry into Dreamworld from 4.00pm-9.00pm, and WhiteWater World from 4.00pm-6.00pm, single use;
**A choice of a Regular Combo Meal from Food Central or Dough Bros Pizzeria with a bonus Souvenir Cup OR Buffet Dinner at Billabong Restaurant (limited capacity) from 5.00pm-8.00pm (be seated by 7:30pm).

Tickets are for a one time entry only for a single Afternoon/Night up to and including the 15th January 2017, and available only from dreamworld.com.au and at the park itself.

Showtimes

Edited by Jordan M.

I'm headed to DW next week, and obviously the itinerary for this visit will be a little different to normal. Do the limited attraction offerings affect the amount of time you can spend at the park before having done everything?

I'm thinking about spending the first half of the day at WWW if DW's limited offerings don't quite fill the day any more. Any advice?

1 hour ago, jake_hunt said:

I'm headed to DW next week, and obviously the itinerary for this visit will be a little different to normal. Do the limited attraction offerings affect the amount of time you can spend at the park before having done everything?

I'm thinking about spending the first half of the day at WWW if DW's limited offerings don't quite fill the day any more. Any advice?

Depends on whether you like re-rides. Me personally, I can re-ride claw many times, and Buzzsaw a few times. Pandamonium is generally only a one-off per visit for me and Motocoaster I don't go near. I found Kevil Hill a good attraction for whenever you need some aircon, although the scares are not nearly as good the second time (however - going again on a different day provides a new experience since the staff positions will be different - I actually found I got scared more on the second day I went because of this). If you're into it you've also got the Dreamworld Express and Coroboree which would take up some time, as well as the new Tiger Island.

Sending the morning at WWW is a good idea, especially if the heat is similar to the past few days. If you're headed next week I'm sure one or two more rides will probably be open.

It depends on how you do theme park visits.  For me, I could easily fill up an entire day even with lower attendance, with less rides and extended hours, particularly if you include WWW.  My advice would be to do exactly the thing you're thinking of doing; spend a few hours at WWW during the first half of the day.  It's a really good little water park, easily fill a few hours there.  The other thing I'd say is to take it really easy, when was the last time you went into the cinema?  Have you ever sat up the back of the new grandstand at Tiger Island with a tasty beverage?  What about watching the sheep shearing show?  Dreamworld is a big park and there's lots to do besides rides, so take this as a good chance to do all that other stuff you normally miss. 

The rest of my advice would be sit down to dinner in the restaurant, do a couple rides at night (always fun!) and just enjoy yourself waiting for Fire Machine (which is worth waiting for).  Even with the rides open the way to do a long day at a theme park isn't to madly try and do everything, but take a slower pace and enjoy the whole park.  That's especially true now, so go in expecting a nice day out and you'll get one.  If you go in expecting non-stop rides you'll probably disappointed.

50 minutes ago, joz said:

The other thing I'd say is to take it really easy, when was the last time you went into the cinema?  Have you ever sat up the back of the new grandstand at Tiger Island with a tasty beverage?  What about watching the sheep shearing show?  Dreamworld is a big park and there's lots to do besides rides, so take this as a good chance to do all that other stuff you normally miss. 

I completely agree with this, I did realise the other day how much I've ignored for years.

The park is massive, even when you take out most of the rides. I think a lot of people forget about what's on the other side of the river too.

The Fire Machine is a must do. Honestly, even if you just go on a couple of rides, have something to eat and watch the fire Machine show. It'll be definitely worth it.

Also the rides are very cool at night, especially the buzz saw. Defineltly give it a try

Edited by Gold Coast Amusement Force