Fright Nights 2017 Wishful Thinking/Speculation

omega237

So this is a speculation thread along with predictions of how this would fit in Fright Nights along with a wishlist.

So this is my first prediction for a maze in Fright Nights.

Since its debut in 2011 American Horror Story has been a critically acclaimed series that it has been the most wanted IP in Halloween events. So how would a American Horror Story maze fit in Fright Nights? Well since its a anthology series it would start with Murder House were guest encounter Rubber Man, Tate Langdon, Pigman, Infanta, and others, the next part of the maze would Freakshow that guest encounter Elsa Mars' troupe of Freaks since its Halloween you might encounter the troupe of Hell along with there leader Edward Mordrake & his demon face along with being stalked by the season's iconic character Twisty. Lastly guest check into the Hotel Cortez formerly own by the Countess along with its ghostly residents, and beware of the demon hidden not under the bed, but within the bed.

That's my first prediction of Fright Nights 2017.

Yeah. AHS always comes up as a good potential maze every time this topic is raised. Given its popularity I imagine the rights may be prohibitive either by cost and/or the creative team behind the show not wanting to give a park on the other side of the world creative freedom with their property. I'd say MW would have had a stab at securing them previously, and were unsuccessful given we haven't seen it. 

While I'm not sure with how Murder House & Hotel would be theme, but with Freakshow I see this be theme to the season finale Curtain Call. Amazon Eve & Penny along Twisty would jumpscare guest Twisty appears in 3 sections near his trailer, and next to the tent entering the actual tent is the pile of Freaks & Carnies killed by Dandy while Dandy himself is in Houdini's water tank at the end lies Edward Mordrake & one final jumpscare by Twisty before entering the Hotel Cortez.

^Yeah that UTT was particularly striking in the kid's area.

I did the American Horror Story at Halloween Horror Nights in Hollywood last year. I've never seen an episode so the maze didn't resonate for me like it might have for some. 

I'm unclear whether it's been done before by MW (not counting that little Halloween hut near Super last year), but the Halloween Horror Nights Michael Myers Halloween mazes I've done (3 of them, actually 4 if I count Frightdome) were all sensational and they're not effects heavy or have exotic sets so it would be easily doable for MW.

• 4 weeks later...
Just now, MickeyD said:

I think a Lights out maze is an awesome idea! Turning the lighting on and off as you go through could allow Actors to position themselves right in peoples faces and actually make those who don't normally scare easily practically crap their dacks!

And also leave plenty of time for people to trip over on a set & sue... 

1 minute ago, reanimated35 said:

They did that a few years ago and it sucked. 

Film Vault? Not gonna lie it was one of my favs...

1 minute ago, Brad2912 said:

Film Vault? Not gonna lie it was one of my favs...

Maybe I was really unlucky every time I went through and they were mid shift swap or something. Never seemed to be many actors in there, was all smoke and strobes. Seemed more about creating fear from the potential for something to happen rather than fear by actors scaring guests. 

Yeah I can see the point... the anticipation was certainly a big part of it, I liked the openness of it in that the screams from the other groups were super audible from all around you due to it having no real physical walls/barriers. I also liked the eclectic mix of characters as opposed to F13 for instance were we have 3 actors playing Jason, 3 playing injured dude, and 3 playing injured chick 

I just hope they limit the numbers more, and compensate by putting it on more nights.

I've been either three or four years in a row and the crowds seem to be getting worse.  The queues for anything were ridiculous, especially when you consider the limited time frame it's open.

Last year a maze was 1 hour wait and so was AA, that pretty much swallows the majority of the night after you include walking around, having a snack etc. Two years ago it took 45 minutes to get out of the car park.

I dunno if I'll bother this year, although I'm sure my daughter will talk me into it.

Edited by mission

15 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

So you hope they decrease profits by increasing costs...

Please dont ever run a business.. 

So you missed the bit where I said I'm not going to go anymore?

I'll give you a hint: that's an important piece of information to maintain a sustainable business.

Edited by mission

i don't really think thats fair Brad - we've all commented on how crowd management seems to be getting worse, as they seem to allow more and more people through.

I think a lot of that is contributed to by the 'free' or 'included' tickets with annual passes, and they haven't really helped their situation - I honestly do agree they need to cap numbers on these events a little, and run more nights - we all know that if you don't buy fast track, you're maybe only going to get a couple mazes, and maybe a ride in. If you can't get through MOST of what's on offer within the night, then it's not good value.

I'd personally advocate for:

• a cap on numbers
  • more nights during the season
  • a higher cost for tickets \ annual passes with tickets included to compensate for the above.

52 minutes ago, AlexB said:

I think a lot of that is contributed to by the 'free' or 'included' tickets with annual passes, and they haven't really helped their situation

Definitely 'included' as opposed to 'free'. I think a lot of people forget that Premier members (speaking as one) actually pay extra per month on top of the normal pass cost in order to have these event tickets included each year. So we are still paying for them,  just at a discounted, upfront cost than buying during the actual event seasons.  

Yeah, probably was a little harsh, but do you believe that adding extra nights will bring about a higher visitation, or just a more even spread over the nights? if it's not going to bring them significant extra $$$ they won't invest in more nights, given the large operating costs per night. 

I pay an extra $2 a month, which admittedly is nothing, and would happily have that upped to $5 a month, maybe even $10, for access to the night events, IF the quality was improving on what we've seen from the last round of events which was WELL down on previous years IMO.. 

From memory the majority of fright night events in 2016 didn't sell out (correct me if I am wrong), so I don't know if you could justify extra nights..

All nights apart from one or two sold out. 

Personally I thought out of the last 4 years I've been too, 2016 was the least scariest, least favourite of them. However 2015 was my favourite one, so don't know why it dropped off a bit. Don't get me wrong, I still had a great time last year, but felt like it could've been better