Fright Nights 2017 Wishful Thinking/Speculation

omega237

Damn it, you got me...

no I haven't played RE7. Though I have played every iteration prior.

i have seen a gameplay trailer and there looked like standard zombies to me...

the thing with a property like RE is that if you fork out the $$ for the rights, you would need to draw from the entire series to do justice to it. 

You also would need to use 'generic' zombies/victims to simplify the costume/makeup requirements, just as they have in every other licensed property used before

You should really play RE7 its pretty good, although I don't see how just watching a trailer could prove that its just a zombie game, in fact there isn't a single zombie in it at all, but you could argue that they look like zombies they act more like deadites from the evil dead franchise. But with all the other creepy stuff and with the family I don't see why they couldn't make it more unique then just another 'generic' zombie maze. You can't generalise a series because of its name, it can have the same name but not the same story line in some cases. RE7 is more of a reboot it has little to nothing to do with any of the old games, I've played them and they don't even feel like the same game although I'm not too sure about that sorta stuff so correct me if I'm wrong, but don't forget evil within never had generic zombies they did spice em up a little.

Edited by Link

1 hour ago, Brad2912 said:

The WD maze succeeded in it brought some fairly familiar scenes from the early seasons to life - the camper van, hospital, parking lot. 

Id happily see another WD maze updated to the more recent seasons with Negan chasing you around 

I could see Fright Nights being theme to The Walking Dead were all the scare zones are filled with Walkers and one specific scarezone is taken over by Negan & the Saviors. TWD maze in Fright Nights still needs the barn, the prison, Woodbury, Terminus, and Alexandria before season 7. Unless MW makes a permanent Walking Dead walkthrough attraction.

3 hours ago, omega237 said:

So the possible mazes.

American Horror Story

The Exorcist

The Walking Dead

Scream Queens

From Dusk till Dawn

The Conjuring 2

Alien vs. Predator

The Purge (Unless it's a scarezone)

Krampus

Freddy vs. Jason

No offence, but why are you reposting this again? And i dont think Scream Queens can really be made into a maze. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Did anyone hear about the purge maze at HHN 25? Originally, it was going to be Scream but due to some IP/ Licencing issue they had to scrap it and change it to The Purge. Universal only altered the sets slightly to fit with the purge but you can tell they were originally constructed for Scream. 

51 minutes ago, FoolishMortal999 said:

Did anyone hear about the purge maze at HHN 25? Originally, it was going to be Scream but due to some IP/ Licencing issue they had to scrap it and change it to The Purge. Universal only altered the sets slightly to fit with the purge but you can tell they were originally constructed for Scream. 

As someone who worked in Orlando at the time of this happening, having quite a few colleagues working at HHN that year it was a move that caused a lot of rumour and speculation, however the most prominent rumour was that the owners of the Scream franchise feuded with Universal about whether it be based on the films or the then newly released MTV show. Ultimately they couldn't come to an agreement and had to quickly retrofit a Universal owned property into the already built maze at the last minute thus the return of The Purge.

Not sure if this would count, but what about Alien Covenant?

On 05/03/17 at 11:22 PM, FoolishMortal999 said:

There was a scrapped commercial of HHN 25 that had Ghostface in it.

So it was said the other day that all the IP is locked in for fright night now. 

Unless I'm mistaken, that's a lot earlier than what they've locked it in in previous years? 

If that's the case, they've got a lot of time to make some very kick ass mazes this year and it should be very entertaining. 

21 minutes ago, omega237 said:

Which IPs do you predict are going to be mazes that you think they chose counting The Walking Dead, Exorcist, and American Horror Story reanimated35?

I don't understand your question entirely sorry.

Are you meaning those ones you mentioned are what you think it might be? 

Assuming that's what you mean, for mazes, I'm not to sure on them at this stage, but it has given me some stuff to think about and I might have to start doing some research soon.