New water slides at The Maze (Perth, WA)

Tim Dasco

So I discovered we don't have a dedicated thread for the maze. We do have a general water parks in Perth thread but not for the maze. So Today tonight did a story regarding water parks in Perth and they mentioned that the maze has got approval fro another 2 water slide towers for the older kids that should be built soon.

1 hour ago, Tim Dasco said:

So I discovered we don't have a dedicated thread for the maze. We do have a general water parks in Perth thread but not for the maze. So Today tonight did a story regarding water parks in Perth and they mentioned that the maze has got approval fro another 2 water slide towers for the older kids that should be built soon.

Sound awesome. As per now though I do not think that everything on the concept image from a couple of years will not be completed. It had lots of great looking slides but since the hype of the waterslide playground went down I assume they wouldn't have had super above average attendance. I remember inboxing the maze a while ago about the next stage, but I got a long response you know boosting the park etc. Does anyone think they may buy the slides from great escape. (Twister and the pitch black one) cos they would be cheap and are good for the older kds

• 2 months later...

So I was looking for AW DA/PA for MI3, however I found the DA/PA for the proposed stage 2 of the water park. At the bottom of the document is the concept art for the new slides. So hopefully this happens as its now finally been approved. (And they have mentioned some new slide towers could be on there way) Hopefully its built in time for summer. The approval is for a new carpark and entrance, slide tower with a proslide tornado wave and 3 other slides. Along with a kids area with all of proslides mini versions for the kids. (Something I am waiting for AW to build)

file:///C:/Users/natal/Downloads/Item-3.10-Additions-to-Recreation-Private-Water-Park-Expansion-Lots-1-and-4-Neaves-Road-Bullsbrook-DA286-15.pdf

I wouldn't presume that The Maze is expanding Outback Splash this winter. As much as I would love them to, I keep hearing and reading things that tell me they're not quite ready yet. It seems like their Octopus Bay expansion was quite successful and that they're planning on the return of their inflatable slide 'The Plummet'. This from last Tuesday's Facebook post.

"What an awesome long weekend! @silthorne thanks for sharing this great video of The Plummet! Putting it up again next summer will be a must ?"

They can always put the inflatable slide up in another location. I was going by what's on the video at the top of this page saying they have approval and they will be some news slides. But only time will tell. I thought the main issue with the delay expansion plan was that they couldn't get approval because of the residence. Which they have now managed to get approval.

• 2 months later...

Had a pleasant afternoon at The Maze.  They were testing the water for Outback Splash. It seems that there are no plans for the water park extension for this summer. The park is looking very green and pretty at the moment.  Also caught the 'meet the joey' session.  Scoopon has $12 tickets at the moment. 

IMG_7045b.JPG

IMG_7058b.JPG

IMG_7068b.JPG

IMG_7124b.JPG

IMG_7166b.JPG

IMG_7171b.JPG

IMG_7191b.JPG

IMG_7205b.JPG